It is currently Thu Oct 08, 2026 6:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: INTAKE, and THROTTLE BODY spacer
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 2:31 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:30 pm
Posts: 458
I saw the below intake on Ebay, and thought that maybe due to the dual filters it may be able to get more air flow. I may be wrong, but thats what the rest of you guys are here for to tell me. I'm getting ready to put exhaust on my Renny, and i want an intake to start the flow process right. I dont wanna spend $250 on a K&N intake system. I found one with steal pipe for $40 buk, and i'll just throw a K&N filter on it. But i was wondering if anyone had seen the below intake, and had any comments.....bc i'd like to get the dual filter if indeed it would do me better. And if anyone knows where to get it besides EBAY (b/c i dont have an account) that would be helpful as well. (cut and paste the below and it should take you directly to the pic, or maybe just click)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BOMZ-02- ... 9105QQrdZ1

As for the throttle body spacer, I was searching around and found one on the web about a week ago. But today I can't seem to find it..... and if you do have one let me know what you think about it.

Thanks for all the HELP!!
-JP-

_________________
New 2008 Jeep Libby 4X4 on 22s!!!
12" Sub, Pioneer Head Unit, Pioneer Door Speakers, Lineage Motorsport Ground kit, Borla Exhaust, Carbon Fiber CAI
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2943514/1

2004 Renny 4X4-Lifted on 32's!! IS NOW RETIRED
2.5" RRO OTT Lift & 32" BFG LT's
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2205322


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 3:26 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:00 pm
Posts: 392
Location: Levittown, NY
Yeah I've seen that one on ebay before and from what I can tell and we all have discussed. It's crap. You will be sucking in all the hot air from your engine compatment. Spend them money on the K&N Cold air (That's what I have)
It makes a nice sound and help with mpg from what I can tell. As for the throttle body, from what I hear if you get the cold air intake then the throttle body spacer will not fit. But that's up to you. Hope I helped. Keep us posted on what your gonna do.
I am planning on getting the manaflow exhaust when I get around to it. First the skids and rock rails are more important. Later

_________________
-Jeep by Al's Upper A-Arms
-ARB Bumper
-IPF Aux lights
-Frankenlift 2 Premium (OME all four corners)
-General Grabber AT2
-All J Products Rock Rails
-Hidden Hitch W/D ring
-K&N Cold Air Intake
-Airade Throttle Body Spacer
-Flowmaster Delta 50 Muffler
-Jet Performance Stage 2 Chip
-3" striaght pipe off the muffler


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 4:14 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:30 pm
Posts: 458
yea i figured that with the hot air. I have read a lot about the K&N and i have seen what everyone says on here. I most likely will spend the money. And i'm gonna do the magnaflow exhaust too. but not the "made for KJ" one. I'm gonna go with the new Magnaflow SUV muffler, which is the biggest one they make. It will make the jeep sound real deep and get extreme flow, due to the fact that it's made for bigger trucks. Back preasure wont be a problem either, i'm keeping the stock pipe size. My only delema is, dual exhaust......or no tips at all and leave it unseen......humm??

_________________
New 2008 Jeep Libby 4X4 on 22s!!!
12" Sub, Pioneer Head Unit, Pioneer Door Speakers, Lineage Motorsport Ground kit, Borla Exhaust, Carbon Fiber CAI
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2943514/1

2004 Renny 4X4-Lifted on 32's!! IS NOW RETIRED
2.5" RRO OTT Lift & 32" BFG LT's
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2205322


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 2:15 am 
Offline
LOST Newbie
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2005 4:50 am
Posts: 28
Location: Hamburg PA
I have that intake on my '05 with dual K&N's(pictures on my car domain site). As previously stated, no change in MPG but there is a noticeable change in throttle response and acceleration. It also gives a nice throaty sound. :) I haven't done any serious off roading yet but when I do I will put back the factory air box.

_________________
Image
Scott's CarDomain Page
Gitser
2005 Patriot Blue Sport
4x4 3.7L, 6 speed,
dual K&N filters


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 7:36 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 7:11 pm
Posts: 5
Location: Coeur d'Alene, ID
IMO, stick with the stock airbox. The engineers at Chrysler knew what they were doing, for sure.
Of course K&N is a good company, but their filters are a bit high maintanence IMO. Always having to oil them and such. I would recommend True Flow and their flat filter kit. It retains your stock air box but uses their filter element.

http://www.sporttruckdirect.com/True_Flow.html

Lastly, If you're looking for a TB spacer, go with Trickflow. It's Phenolic and thus does not conduct heat at all like the aluminium and other metal ones. Keep the cooling of the intake air farther out from your manifold with it. Trick Flow is most commonly found at Summit racing.

Enjoy!

CdA Liberty


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com