It is currently Fri Oct 09, 2026 9:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Franky Prem II Kit + Spacers
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:56 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:21 am
Posts: 1894
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Just curious what size spacers may be recommended to add to the rear suspension. I have some 2" spacers from a previous lift in case those might work but I think that is too tall for it and what I might need are 1-1.5" spacers. Thanks in advance for the help!!

-Scott

_________________
Had 2005 KJ Rocky Mnt. Edition (destroyed)
Had 2006 KJ Sport 4x4
Have 2007 JK 4-dr Sahara 4x4 (tow package so stock 4.10s!!)
AEV 3.5" RS Lift; Schrockworks FR bumper and Warn 9.5ti winch; Cobra 75 CB; Rigid 50" LED light bar; Adventure Trailers (AT Overland) JK Kitchen setup in the cargo area.
Southern L.O.S.T. # 236487


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:05 pm 
Offline
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:49 pm
Posts: 27226
Location: NOW Southeastern Ohio/ Tanzania
just the stock isolators work great

_________________
MUDD'S MOTORSPORT'S We do IFS lift installs ,
03 OVERLAND EDITION /Kilby-Skidrow-Mopar-4XGuard skids/ 2.5 inch TOTAL CONTROL JBA coilovers -JBA Arms/MOABS-31 FALKEN WILDPEAK AT3W / 4.10's etc, 04 Kilimanjaro Edition loaded, plus 05 KJ limited


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:42 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:21 am
Posts: 1894
Location: Gilbert, AZ
I have the stock isolator in there, it just seems like the rear is sagging down a lil bit. Can you stack another rear isolator in there to give it some extra height?

_________________
Had 2005 KJ Rocky Mnt. Edition (destroyed)
Had 2006 KJ Sport 4x4
Have 2007 JK 4-dr Sahara 4x4 (tow package so stock 4.10s!!)
AEV 3.5" RS Lift; Schrockworks FR bumper and Warn 9.5ti winch; Cobra 75 CB; Rigid 50" LED light bar; Adventure Trailers (AT Overland) JK Kitchen setup in the cargo area.
Southern L.O.S.T. # 236487


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:45 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 6:28 pm
Posts: 3880
Location: Wichita/ Pittsburg, Kansas
2006KJSPORT4x4 wrote:
I have the stock isolator in there, it just seems like the rear is sagging down a lil bit. Can you stack another rear isolator in there to give it some extra height?


you can add up to 2 rear iso, for a total of three counting the stock iso.

_________________
1980 Jeep CJ7 Buggy
SOA, D44/ FF14B, SBC 350, SM465, NP205, 108" WB, 37" MTs

http://www.dpgoffroad.com/
http://www.ucora.org/
http://www.christianoffroad.com/
http://jeepinbyal.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:25 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict

Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:12 pm
Posts: 2476
Location: Jamestown PA
i added one extra isolator per side (total of 2 upper per side) and it's perfect.

_________________
2006 Renegade. Completely stock.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:31 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:21 am
Posts: 1894
Location: Gilbert, AZ
ok, cool deal, looks like a trip to the junky yard will payoff on monday, thanks fellers!!!

_________________
Had 2005 KJ Rocky Mnt. Edition (destroyed)
Had 2006 KJ Sport 4x4
Have 2007 JK 4-dr Sahara 4x4 (tow package so stock 4.10s!!)
AEV 3.5" RS Lift; Schrockworks FR bumper and Warn 9.5ti winch; Cobra 75 CB; Rigid 50" LED light bar; Adventure Trailers (AT Overland) JK Kitchen setup in the cargo area.
Southern L.O.S.T. # 236487


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:34 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:21 am
Posts: 1894
Location: Gilbert, AZ
If I can't get these at the local yard, does any other place carry the isolators or would it be a dealer item?

_________________
Had 2005 KJ Rocky Mnt. Edition (destroyed)
Had 2006 KJ Sport 4x4
Have 2007 JK 4-dr Sahara 4x4 (tow package so stock 4.10s!!)
AEV 3.5" RS Lift; Schrockworks FR bumper and Warn 9.5ti winch; Cobra 75 CB; Rigid 50" LED light bar; Adventure Trailers (AT Overland) JK Kitchen setup in the cargo area.
Southern L.O.S.T. # 236487


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:39 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:38 pm
Posts: 12988
Location: Colorado Springs
2006KJSPORT4x4 wrote:
If I can't get these at the local yard, does any other place carry the isolators or would it be a dealer item?
There like $12 each from the dealer,way cheaper then the front isolators(about $50 each).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:54 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:21 am
Posts: 1894
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Thanks!

_________________
Had 2005 KJ Rocky Mnt. Edition (destroyed)
Had 2006 KJ Sport 4x4
Have 2007 JK 4-dr Sahara 4x4 (tow package so stock 4.10s!!)
AEV 3.5" RS Lift; Schrockworks FR bumper and Warn 9.5ti winch; Cobra 75 CB; Rigid 50" LED light bar; Adventure Trailers (AT Overland) JK Kitchen setup in the cargo area.
Southern L.O.S.T. # 236487


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:29 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:02 am
Posts: 2053
Location: Michigan City, IN
tjkj2002 wrote:
There like $12 each from the dealer,way cheaper then the front isolators(about $50 each).


Looks like your dealer has better prices than mine. They want 15.80 for the uppers and 27.10 for the lower ISO's

_________________
Blood Clot Red 03 Punisher Edition
245/75-16 Duratracs, Soft 8's, Ironman/clevis Lift, Monroe Sensa-trac rear shocks, JBA 3.5, GTP Hood Louvers, Roof Basket & Light bar, Mudd's Garage Rear Bumper
custom made items: cross rails, grill inserts, cargo shelf, lightbar, pin stripping & rock rails.
L.O.S.T. #DW090501


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:52 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:38 pm
Posts: 12988
Location: Colorado Springs
501 wrote:
tjkj2002 wrote:
There like $12 each from the dealer,way cheaper then the front isolators(about $50 each).


Looks like your dealer has better prices than mine. They want 15.80 for the uppers and 27.10 for the lower ISO's
$3 difference is not bad for a different location.It's not a good idea to stack the lower isolators.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:11 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:02 am
Posts: 2053
Location: Michigan City, IN
tjkj2002 wrote:
501 wrote:
tjkj2002 wrote:
There like $12 each from the dealer,way cheaper then the front isolators(about $50 each).


Looks like your dealer has better prices than mine. They want 15.80 for the uppers and 27.10 for the lower ISO's

$3 difference is not bad for a different location.It's not a good idea to stack the lower isolators.


Unforchantly when I put on the Daystar I didn't keep the lowers so I got to get a set of them, I thought they would both be the same price. So I guess I gotta buy the bottoms and a set of uppers. I'm taking out the daystar and putting OME coils in.

I don't think I can use the daystar spacer and the OME coils. Right?

_________________
Blood Clot Red 03 Punisher Edition
245/75-16 Duratracs, Soft 8's, Ironman/clevis Lift, Monroe Sensa-trac rear shocks, JBA 3.5, GTP Hood Louvers, Roof Basket & Light bar, Mudd's Garage Rear Bumper
custom made items: cross rails, grill inserts, cargo shelf, lightbar, pin stripping & rock rails.
L.O.S.T. #DW090501


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:27 am 
Offline
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:49 pm
Posts: 27226
Location: NOW Southeastern Ohio/ Tanzania
501 wrote:
tjkj2002 wrote:
501 wrote:
tjkj2002 wrote:
There like $12 each from the dealer,way cheaper then the front isolators(about $50 each).


Looks like your dealer has better prices than mine. They want 15.80 for the uppers and 27.10 for the lower ISO's

$3 difference is not bad for a different location.It's not a good idea to stack the lower isolators.


Unforchantly when I put on the Daystar I didn't keep the lowers so I got to get a set of them, I thought they would both be the same price. So I guess I gotta buy the bottoms and a set of uppers. I'm taking out the daystar and putting OME coils in.

I don't think I can use the daystar spacer and the OME coils. Right?


no :wink:

_________________
MUDD'S MOTORSPORT'S We do IFS lift installs ,
03 OVERLAND EDITION /Kilby-Skidrow-Mopar-4XGuard skids/ 2.5 inch TOTAL CONTROL JBA coilovers -JBA Arms/MOABS-31 FALKEN WILDPEAK AT3W / 4.10's etc, 04 Kilimanjaro Edition loaded, plus 05 KJ limited


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:59 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:02 am
Posts: 2053
Location: Michigan City, IN
tommudd wrote:
501 wrote:
I don't think I can use the daystar spacer and the OME coils. Right?

no :wink:

It was worth a try!

_________________
Blood Clot Red 03 Punisher Edition
245/75-16 Duratracs, Soft 8's, Ironman/clevis Lift, Monroe Sensa-trac rear shocks, JBA 3.5, GTP Hood Louvers, Roof Basket & Light bar, Mudd's Garage Rear Bumper
custom made items: cross rails, grill inserts, cargo shelf, lightbar, pin stripping & rock rails.
L.O.S.T. #DW090501


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:44 am 
Offline
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:49 pm
Posts: 27226
Location: NOW Southeastern Ohio/ Tanzania
501 wrote:
tommudd wrote:
501 wrote:
I don't think I can use the daystar spacer and the OME coils. Right?

no :wink:

It was worth a try!

or we could cut them down, redo, reshape, :wink: but the effort ya know

_________________
MUDD'S MOTORSPORT'S We do IFS lift installs ,
03 OVERLAND EDITION /Kilby-Skidrow-Mopar-4XGuard skids/ 2.5 inch TOTAL CONTROL JBA coilovers -JBA Arms/MOABS-31 FALKEN WILDPEAK AT3W / 4.10's etc, 04 Kilimanjaro Edition loaded, plus 05 KJ limited


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:47 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:02 am
Posts: 2053
Location: Michigan City, IN
tommudd wrote:
501 wrote:
tommudd wrote:
501 wrote:
I don't think I can use the daystar spacer and the OME coils. Right?

no :wink:

It was worth a try!

or we could cut them down, redo, reshape, :wink: but the effort ya know


Got a band saw?!? :twisted:





Naaa, I'll go buy some regular ones.

_________________
Blood Clot Red 03 Punisher Edition
245/75-16 Duratracs, Soft 8's, Ironman/clevis Lift, Monroe Sensa-trac rear shocks, JBA 3.5, GTP Hood Louvers, Roof Basket & Light bar, Mudd's Garage Rear Bumper
custom made items: cross rails, grill inserts, cargo shelf, lightbar, pin stripping & rock rails.
L.O.S.T. #DW090501


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com