It is currently Sun Oct 04, 2026 4:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:26 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:54 am
Posts: 5827
Location: 7,000 feet, Zuni Mountains, New Mexico
Hood297 wrote:

I want to! but I'm unsatisfied with the height at the moment. do you want some anyway? the rear is perfect. unless is settles.


Yeah, launch some photos................... :wink:

_________________
2015 Ram Ecodiesel/Big Horn/4x4/Quad Cab
2016 Arctic Fox 22G/Onboard 2500 LP Cummins Onan Generator/160 Watt Solar Panel

I took the road less traveled. Now I'm LOST.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:40 am 
Offline
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:49 pm
Posts: 27226
Location: NOW Southeastern Ohio/ Tanzania
OR since you think your rear looks good post of pics of it!

_________________
MUDD'S MOTORSPORT'S We do IFS lift installs ,
03 OVERLAND EDITION /Kilby-Skidrow-Mopar-4XGuard skids/ 2.5 inch TOTAL CONTROL JBA coilovers -JBA Arms/MOABS-31 FALKEN WILDPEAK AT3W / 4.10's etc, 04 Kilimanjaro Edition loaded, plus 05 KJ limited


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:04 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:32 pm
Posts: 1776
Location: Metairie,Mt.Hermon La.
Hood297 wrote:
Ok so the front is done. I've got 21 3/4 in the front now with, OME 790's, ranchos, and rustys upper strut plate.

It rides soooo much better than the old set up. But i want to gain about another 1/2- 5/8" how many conduit nuts should i use?


Make sure they're steel and not cast.
Mabe able to use the locknut from a steel myers hub.They're thicker.

_________________
Bub
06 Inop Edition CRD Silver
06 Inop Edition CRD Green


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:08 am 
Offline
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:49 pm
Posts: 27226
Location: NOW Southeastern Ohio/ Tanzania
KJ 119 wrote:
Hood297 wrote:
Ok so the front is done. I've got 21 3/4 in the front now with, OME 790's, ranchos, and rustys upper strut plate.

It rides soooo much better than the old set up. But i want to gain about another 1/2- 5/8" how many conduit nuts should i use?


Make sure they're steel and not cast.
Mabe able to use the locknut from a steel myers hub.They're thicker.


regular run of the mill conduit nuts work just fine, they do not hold any weight are only used to measure and get the same side to side, hundreds have been used on here with no problems no need to spend the extra money :wink:

_________________
MUDD'S MOTORSPORT'S We do IFS lift installs ,
03 OVERLAND EDITION /Kilby-Skidrow-Mopar-4XGuard skids/ 2.5 inch TOTAL CONTROL JBA coilovers -JBA Arms/MOABS-31 FALKEN WILDPEAK AT3W / 4.10's etc, 04 Kilimanjaro Edition loaded, plus 05 KJ limited


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:06 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:32 pm
Posts: 1776
Location: Metairie,Mt.Hermon La.
tommudd wrote:
KJ 119 wrote:
Hood297 wrote:
Ok so the front is done. I've got 21 3/4 in the front now with, OME 790's, ranchos, and rustys upper strut plate.

It rides soooo much better than the old set up. But i want to gain about another 1/2- 5/8" how many conduit nuts should i use?


Make sure they're steel and not cast.
Mabe able to use the locknut from a steel myers hub.They're thicker.


regular run of the mill conduit nuts work just fine, they do not hold any weight are only used to measure and get the same side to side, hundreds have been used on here with no problems no need to spend the extra money :wink:


I'm an electrician and throw away locknuts on a daily basis,so wasn't aware of cost.I do know that the zinc cast locknuts can break,where steel won't.
If locknuts cost more than a dollar a piece,I'd gladly mail some to whoever would like some for free.

Bub

_________________
Bub
06 Inop Edition CRD Silver
06 Inop Edition CRD Green


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:20 pm 
Offline
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:49 pm
Posts: 27226
Location: NOW Southeastern Ohio/ Tanzania
KJ 119 wrote:
tommudd wrote:
KJ 119 wrote:
Hood297 wrote:
Ok so the front is done. I've got 21 3/4 in the front now with, OME 790's, ranchos, and rustys upper strut plate.

It rides soooo much better than the old set up. But i want to gain about another 1/2- 5/8" how many conduit nuts should i use?


Make sure they're steel and not cast.
Mabe able to use the locknut from a steel myers hub.They're thicker.


regular run of the mill conduit nuts work just fine, they do not hold any weight are only used to measure and get the same side to side, hundreds have been used on here with no problems no need to spend the extra money :wink:


I'm an electrician and throw away locknuts on a daily basis,so wasn't aware of cost.I do know that the zinc cast locknuts can break,where steel won't.
If locknuts cost more than a dollar a piece,I'd gladly mail some to whoever would like some for free.

Bub


I buy them by the bulk as well, the cast ones can break yes , but we are not putting any weight on them. Lowes I think has 2 for 90 cents or something like that, so they are cheaper than mailing free ones almost
I worked as a state certified electrician as well in a past life but we didn't throw things away

_________________
MUDD'S MOTORSPORT'S We do IFS lift installs ,
03 OVERLAND EDITION /Kilby-Skidrow-Mopar-4XGuard skids/ 2.5 inch TOTAL CONTROL JBA coilovers -JBA Arms/MOABS-31 FALKEN WILDPEAK AT3W / 4.10's etc, 04 Kilimanjaro Edition loaded, plus 05 KJ limited


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:13 am 
Offline
Got Groceries?
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:47 pm
Posts: 1117
Location: ORANGE BEACH, AL.
OK so I did the front clevis lift with 3 conduit lock nuts. I went from
21 1/2 with the RC, and CRD springs
21 3/4 with OME 790's, and Rustys upper strut plate
22 7/8 - 23 with OME 790, Rustys upper strut plate, and 3 conduit lock nuts

will post pics when i get some sun

_________________
2003 limited 3.7L V6
Vader Edition

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3219059


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:14 am 
Offline
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:49 pm
Posts: 27226
Location: NOW Southeastern Ohio/ Tanzania
Hood297 wrote:
OK so I did the front clevis lift with 3 conduit lock nuts. I went from
21 1/2 with the RC, and CRD springs
21 3/4 with OME 790's, and Rustys upper strut plate
22 7/8 - 23 with OME 790, Rustys upper strut plate, and 3 conduit lock nuts

will post pics when i get some sun


some of the CV angles as well please :wink:

_________________
MUDD'S MOTORSPORT'S We do IFS lift installs ,
03 OVERLAND EDITION /Kilby-Skidrow-Mopar-4XGuard skids/ 2.5 inch TOTAL CONTROL JBA coilovers -JBA Arms/MOABS-31 FALKEN WILDPEAK AT3W / 4.10's etc, 04 Kilimanjaro Edition loaded, plus 05 KJ limited


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:17 am 
Offline
Got Groceries?
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:47 pm
Posts: 1117
Location: ORANGE BEACH, AL.
dont worry, I will. they are not bad. From what ive seen on here it seems acceptable. I am also going to remeasure the front tomorrow.

Keep in mind the springs only have a couple hundred miles on them. They will have been on a week tomorrow.

_________________
2003 limited 3.7L V6
Vader Edition

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3219059


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:22 am 
Offline
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:49 pm
Posts: 27226
Location: NOW Southeastern Ohio/ Tanzania
Hood297 wrote:
dont worry, I will. they are not bad. From what ive seen on here it seems acceptable. I am also going to remeasure the front tomorrow.

Keep in mind the springs only have a couple hundred miles on them. They will have been on a week tomorrow.


so how is the overall ride compared to what you had?

_________________
MUDD'S MOTORSPORT'S We do IFS lift installs ,
03 OVERLAND EDITION /Kilby-Skidrow-Mopar-4XGuard skids/ 2.5 inch TOTAL CONTROL JBA coilovers -JBA Arms/MOABS-31 FALKEN WILDPEAK AT3W / 4.10's etc, 04 Kilimanjaro Edition loaded, plus 05 KJ limited


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:26 am 
Offline
Got Groceries?
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:47 pm
Posts: 1117
Location: ORANGE BEACH, AL.
tommudd wrote:
Hood297 wrote:
dont worry, I will. they are not bad. From what ive seen on here it seems acceptable. I am also going to remeasure the front tomorrow.

Keep in mind the springs only have a couple hundred miles on them. They will have been on a week tomorrow.


so how is the overall ride compared to what you had?


MUCH IMPROVED . No bottoming out the strut going over speed bumps fast, Much tighter around corners, and has excellent travel. Night in day between OME and RC.

_________________
2003 limited 3.7L V6
Vader Edition

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3219059


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:31 pm 
Offline
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:49 pm
Posts: 27226
Location: NOW Southeastern Ohio/ Tanzania
Hood297 wrote:
tommudd wrote:
Hood297 wrote:
dont worry, I will. they are not bad. From what ive seen on here it seems acceptable. I am also going to remeasure the front tomorrow.

Keep in mind the springs only have a couple hundred miles on them. They will have been on a week tomorrow.


so how is the overall ride compared to what you had?


MUCH IMPROVED . No bottoming out the strut going over speed bumps fast, Much tighter around corners, and has excellent travel. Night in day between OME and RC.


so you can say you have a 4 inch lift now, 03KJSPORT with the JBA 4 inch had about 23 to the bottom of his flare from the middle of the hub

_________________
MUDD'S MOTORSPORT'S We do IFS lift installs ,
03 OVERLAND EDITION /Kilby-Skidrow-Mopar-4XGuard skids/ 2.5 inch TOTAL CONTROL JBA coilovers -JBA Arms/MOABS-31 FALKEN WILDPEAK AT3W / 4.10's etc, 04 Kilimanjaro Edition loaded, plus 05 KJ limited


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:53 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict

Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:12 pm
Posts: 2476
Location: Jamestown PA
Hood297 wrote:
dont worry, I will. they are not bad. From what ive seen on here it seems acceptable. I am also going to remeasure the front tomorrow.

Keep in mind the springs only have a couple hundred miles on them. They will have been on a week tomorrow.


dont expect them to lose much height.. if you lose any at all i'd be suprised. mine hasnt yet and hasn't changed in ride at all either. still perfect
:D

_________________
2006 Renegade. Completely stock.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:04 pm 
Offline
Got Groceries?
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:47 pm
Posts: 1117
Location: ORANGE BEACH, AL.
OK so here are the long awaited pics...

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

_________________
2003 limited 3.7L V6
Vader Edition

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3219059


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:22 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict

Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:12 pm
Posts: 2476
Location: Jamestown PA
looks great!!! my CV's are at close to that and have been fine for the 18,000 miles i have on my lift.

_________________
2006 Renegade. Completely stock.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:52 pm 
Offline
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:49 pm
Posts: 27226
Location: NOW Southeastern Ohio/ Tanzania
well
1) it's the right color
2) got a great stance
3) over all I would say it looks pretty good! :wink:
can tell you are getting up there though with the rear tires being sucked up closer to the flare
CVs don't look bad at all
great job!

_________________
MUDD'S MOTORSPORT'S We do IFS lift installs ,
03 OVERLAND EDITION /Kilby-Skidrow-Mopar-4XGuard skids/ 2.5 inch TOTAL CONTROL JBA coilovers -JBA Arms/MOABS-31 FALKEN WILDPEAK AT3W / 4.10's etc, 04 Kilimanjaro Edition loaded, plus 05 KJ limited


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:00 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:54 am
Posts: 5827
Location: 7,000 feet, Zuni Mountains, New Mexico
The OME CRD coils might be the trick…………….. :wink:

_________________
2015 Ram Ecodiesel/Big Horn/4x4/Quad Cab
2016 Arctic Fox 22G/Onboard 2500 LP Cummins Onan Generator/160 Watt Solar Panel

I took the road less traveled. Now I'm LOST.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:48 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 6:28 pm
Posts: 3880
Location: Wichita/ Pittsburg, Kansas
it sure does look good. :)

_________________
1980 Jeep CJ7 Buggy
SOA, D44/ FF14B, SBC 350, SM465, NP205, 108" WB, 37" MTs

http://www.dpgoffroad.com/
http://www.ucora.org/
http://www.christianoffroad.com/
http://jeepinbyal.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:10 am 
Offline
Got Groceries?
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:47 pm
Posts: 1117
Location: ORANGE BEACH, AL.
Well thanks for all the comments guys! I definitely think the OME 790's are a very good solution for those overweight KJ's :lol:

I am very happy with the height, and plan to go and flex it out on a local place soon and see how everything works out. The ride is not even comparable to that of the RC lift.

Tom, I may have to get some longer rear control arms, and the rear diff link extender thing. The JBA 4" kit includes that correct?

I HIGHLY recommend this to anyone.

_________________
2003 limited 3.7L V6
Vader Edition

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3219059


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:28 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:54 am
Posts: 5827
Location: 7,000 feet, Zuni Mountains, New Mexico
2006 KJ and Hood, any updates?

_________________
2015 Ram Ecodiesel/Big Horn/4x4/Quad Cab
2016 Arctic Fox 22G/Onboard 2500 LP Cummins Onan Generator/160 Watt Solar Panel

I took the road less traveled. Now I'm LOST.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com