It is currently Thu Oct 08, 2026 2:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:37 am 
Offline
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:49 pm
Posts: 27226
Location: NOW Southeastern Ohio/ Tanzania
dirt pig wrote:
Now, I know that you use 2 hockey pucks per side in the rear.
what adhesive is used to laminate the pucks together?
And what adhesive is used to stick the 2 pucks to the mount?

(Sorry about all the stupid questions, I'm a newby afterall)


you can use some glue made for gluing most everything or drill them and down through the lower spring pad and bolt them on Thats what I did simple and fast :wink:

_________________
MUDD'S MOTORSPORT'S We do IFS lift installs ,
03 OVERLAND EDITION /Kilby-Skidrow-Mopar-4XGuard skids/ 2.5 inch TOTAL CONTROL JBA coilovers -JBA Arms/MOABS-31 FALKEN WILDPEAK AT3W / 4.10's etc, 04 Kilimanjaro Edition loaded, plus 05 KJ limited


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:00 am 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:40 pm
Posts: 630
Location: Southern New Jersey
Just some advise, when replacing the front bump stops, do not use grease, good old dish washing detergent, works much better.

_________________
“You cannot solve a problem from the same consciousness that created it."

“Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:03 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 6:28 pm
Posts: 3880
Location: Wichita/ Pittsburg, Kansas
LIV42DY wrote:
Just some advise, when replacing the front bump stops, do not use grease, good old dish washing detergent, works much better.


soap does work great I used Dawn green apple scented lol I could smell it on my Jeep for a couple days after I installed the bump stops lol

_________________
1980 Jeep CJ7 Buggy
SOA, D44/ FF14B, SBC 350, SM465, NP205, 108" WB, 37" MTs

http://www.dpgoffroad.com/
http://www.ucora.org/
http://www.christianoffroad.com/
http://jeepinbyal.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:16 am 
Offline
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:49 pm
Posts: 27226
Location: NOW Southeastern Ohio/ Tanzania
jsc7002 wrote:
LIV42DY wrote:
Just some advise, when replacing the front bump stops, do not use grease, good old dish washing detergent, works much better.


soap does work great I used Dawn green apple scented lol I could smell it on my Jeep for a couple days after I installed the bump stops lol


:lol: :lol: :lol: then when it rained you left a trail of green apple scented bubbles

_________________
MUDD'S MOTORSPORT'S We do IFS lift installs ,
03 OVERLAND EDITION /Kilby-Skidrow-Mopar-4XGuard skids/ 2.5 inch TOTAL CONTROL JBA coilovers -JBA Arms/MOABS-31 FALKEN WILDPEAK AT3W / 4.10's etc, 04 Kilimanjaro Edition loaded, plus 05 KJ limited


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:14 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:59 pm
Posts: 275
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
tommudd wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: then when it rained you left a trail of green apple scented bubbles

you guys need help :roll: :lol: :lol:
I'll try to put an order in again since you guys seem to have faith in Trailquest.
My springs and shocks should be in the second week of Feb from All Js (I asked them to wait till then)

_________________
2008 KK GREEN
OME HD springs and shocks all around
LT245/75R16 Goodyear Duratracs
Aries 1051 black grille guard


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:42 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 6:28 pm
Posts: 3880
Location: Wichita/ Pittsburg, Kansas
BjBnet wrote:
tommudd wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: then when it rained you left a trail of green apple scented bubbles

you guys need help :roll: :lol: :lol:
I'll try to put an order in again since you guys seem to have faith in Trailquest.
My springs and shocks should be in the second week of Feb from All Js (I asked them to wait till then)


they really are great I called and ordered my gears from them, and got them 2 or 3 days later, great little mom and pop shop!

_________________
1980 Jeep CJ7 Buggy
SOA, D44/ FF14B, SBC 350, SM465, NP205, 108" WB, 37" MTs

http://www.dpgoffroad.com/
http://www.ucora.org/
http://www.christianoffroad.com/
http://jeepinbyal.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:55 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:25 pm
Posts: 1361
Location: Grafton, Ohio
BjBnet wrote:
tommudd wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: then when it rained you left a trail of green apple scented bubbles

you guys need help :roll: :lol: :lol:
I'll try to put an order in again since you guys seem to have faith in Trailquest.
My springs and shocks should be in the second week of Feb from All Js (I asked them to wait till then)


Just pick up the phone and call 1 800 770-2617

_________________
Slightly modified Lt. Khaki 3.7 2004 LTD 4X4. Purchased new 8/6/03.
What I don't have....A Mag light mounted to my seat.
Original Old L.O.S.T. #000354

Nick's Pics & Mods click here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/531173
http://www.survivaltopics.com/forums/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:28 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:59 pm
Posts: 275
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
KJ04 wrote:

Just pick up the phone and call 1 800 770-2617

will do :D

_________________
2008 KK GREEN
OME HD springs and shocks all around
LT245/75R16 Goodyear Duratracs
Aries 1051 black grille guard


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:40 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:59 pm
Posts: 5171
Location: Austin, TX
The first time I called they were out
The second time - she was packing bumpstops for KJ's to send out - so she packed a set for me too
took about 2 days to get.

_________________
2005 CRD
stuff
Skeptic quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:12 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 9:19 pm
Posts: 4129
Location: Saint Augustine, FL
Fulltimer wrote:
Fulltimer wrote:
How tall are they?

Terry


Anybody?

Terry


I give up. :?

Terry

_________________
Image2011 Ford F-150 XLT 4X4


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:24 pm 
Offline
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:49 pm
Posts: 27226
Location: NOW Southeastern Ohio/ Tanzania
Fulltimer
:wink:
jsc7002 wrote:
Fulltimer wrote:
How tall are they?

Terry


a little over 3"

_________________
MUDD'S MOTORSPORT'S We do IFS lift installs ,
03 OVERLAND EDITION /Kilby-Skidrow-Mopar-4XGuard skids/ 2.5 inch TOTAL CONTROL JBA coilovers -JBA Arms/MOABS-31 FALKEN WILDPEAK AT3W / 4.10's etc, 04 Kilimanjaro Edition loaded, plus 05 KJ limited


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:43 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 9:19 pm
Posts: 4129
Location: Saint Augustine, FL
Thank you! :lol:

Terry

_________________
Image2011 Ford F-150 XLT 4X4


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:14 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:59 pm
Posts: 275
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
I think Tom was letting you know that your answer was on page one. :wink:

_________________
2008 KK GREEN
OME HD springs and shocks all around
LT245/75R16 Goodyear Duratracs
Aries 1051 black grille guard


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:47 pm 
How much longer is the Teraflex front bumpstop than stock? I was thinking of modifying the stock one to the right length.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:49 pm 
oops - 3 inches. didn't see that. :lol:


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:36 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 9:19 pm
Posts: 4129
Location: Saint Augustine, FL
Yep, I missed the first one. :oops:

Terry

_________________
Image2011 Ford F-150 XLT 4X4


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:23 pm 
Offline
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:49 pm
Posts: 27226
Location: NOW Southeastern Ohio/ Tanzania
Fulltimer wrote:
Yep, I missed the first one. :oops:

Terry



Do we need to get you a LARGE PRINT SCREEN there Terry

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

_________________
MUDD'S MOTORSPORT'S We do IFS lift installs ,
03 OVERLAND EDITION /Kilby-Skidrow-Mopar-4XGuard skids/ 2.5 inch TOTAL CONTROL JBA coilovers -JBA Arms/MOABS-31 FALKEN WILDPEAK AT3W / 4.10's etc, 04 Kilimanjaro Edition loaded, plus 05 KJ limited


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:05 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:54 am
Posts: 5827
Location: 7,000 feet, Zuni Mountains, New Mexico
Yep, I got my bump stops the same day I got my gears, rebuild kit, and Cragar soft 8's. It was like Christmas! :D Trailquest will be getting more of my business. I'm looking to order my ARB lockers, onboard compressor, and hoses from them as well. Excellent customer service! :D

_________________
2015 Ram Ecodiesel/Big Horn/4x4/Quad Cab
2016 Arctic Fox 22G/Onboard 2500 LP Cummins Onan Generator/160 Watt Solar Panel

I took the road less traveled. Now I'm LOST.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:29 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 6:28 pm
Posts: 3880
Location: Wichita/ Pittsburg, Kansas
icarl wrote:
How much longer is the Teraflex front bumpstop than stock? I was thinking of modifying the stock one to the right length.


the Terraflex ones are twice the length as the OEM ones, I modded my OEM ones to be extended, now how good they are I dont have a clue but they are atleast the correct length

_________________
1980 Jeep CJ7 Buggy
SOA, D44/ FF14B, SBC 350, SM465, NP205, 108" WB, 37" MTs

http://www.dpgoffroad.com/
http://www.ucora.org/
http://www.christianoffroad.com/
http://jeepinbyal.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:51 am 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:59 pm
Posts: 275
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
dieselenthusiast wrote:
I'm looking to order my ARB lockers, onboard compressor, and hoses from them as well. Excellent customer service! :D

which onboard compressors are most of you guys using and are there any out there that can be mounted inside the motor compartment? Seems to be alot of room near the rad overflow

_________________
2008 KK GREEN
OME HD springs and shocks all around
LT245/75R16 Goodyear Duratracs
Aries 1051 black grille guard


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com