It is currently Fri Oct 09, 2026 4:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: left foot rest
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:39 am 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:10 pm
Posts: 13
Location: Aztec NM
Just purchase an 06 CRD but this applies to all Liberties I believe.

Has anyone made or is there a pre-fabbed "rest" for your left foot to go on when driving?

My leg is very uncomfortable when tucked up and my foot is flat and its also bad when completely stretched out to almost touching the firewall. On my other vehicles there is a "dummy pedal" or a raised spot on the side/firewall to rest your left foot so its in the same position as your right one.

Was thinking about just getting some wood blocks and cutting them down to make something fit to rest my foot one.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:47 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:29 am
Posts: 5956
Location: Hillsborough, NC / Corolla NC
I think I know what you mean. Usually there is a hump there, same spot they used to put hi-low dimmer switches. I think you're already on the right track. I don't know if you put custom pedals in yours, if you did, get another gas pedal like you have cut the block to a comfortable angle and attach the pedal to the block. Shouldn't be too hard to atleast semi permantly mount the block with either 2 long countersunk bolts or something. Just don't liquid nails it to your carpet :lol: :oops: ahh,, um I don't know whose done something like that with liquid nails ...

_________________
03 Renegade (Black)
177k miles 3.7L gas - 45RFE
Command Trac / 4.10s
Lift: ft. 790+ rr. JBA4+
The last of the TrailReady Front&Rear Bumpers and TR Rock Rails
Jarhead Offroad light covers
31x10.5R15 RedLetter Grabbers on Blackrock Dunes
L.O.S.T #KD098632


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:03 am 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:54 pm
Posts: 2787
Location: Jacksonville, FL
I hate that they don't have dead pedals anymore...

In the KJ I used a 3" framing joist, bedlined it, and mounted to the plastic kick panel with three screws. Has held up to daily driving for over about a year now. The JK I made one wiht scrap wood, completely covered it with black diamond plate and mounted it to the same place. It's sturdy still after two months.

_________________
- Mike
'12 JK

Jeep Tech Files


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:28 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member! LIBERTY OR DEATH
Lifetime Member!  LIBERTY OR DEATH
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:55 am
Posts: 2548
Location: VA Beach, VA
I was thinking about trying to use a motorcycle rear-passenger footpeg. You would be able to flip it up out of the way and flip it down when you wanted a sort of dead-pedal. Fabbing up the mount would be the tough part.

Maybe something like this...
Image

_________________
Image
_______________________DogDomain_______________________


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:54 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:38 pm
Posts: 450
Location: Norfolk, VA
i broke the side panel where the brake pedal is. because i used to use that as a resting spot for my left foot. i learned the hardway just to leave it flat. it took me a while to get acostumed to it.

_________________
Image
Cooper Discover ATRs 235/70/16


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:53 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:10 pm
Posts: 13
Location: Aztec NM
daspes wrote:
I hate that they don't have dead pedals anymore...

In the KJ I used a 3" framing joist, bedlined it, and mounted to the plastic kick panel with three screws. Has held up to daily driving for over about a year now. The JK I made one wiht scrap wood, completely covered it with black diamond plate and mounted it to the same place. It's sturdy still after two months.


So a framing joist is like a triangle right? I think thats the way I am gonna try.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:09 pm 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:54 pm
Posts: 2787
Location: Jacksonville, FL
area52 wrote:
daspes wrote:
I hate that they don't have dead pedals anymore...

In the KJ I used a 3" framing joist, bedlined it, and mounted to the plastic kick panel with three screws. Has held up to daily driving for over about a year now. The JK I made one wiht scrap wood, completely covered it with black diamond plate and mounted it to the same place. It's sturdy still after two months.


So a framing joist is like a triangle right? I think thats the way I am gonna try.
it's the 4" wide 90 degree metal frame

_________________
- Mike
'12 JK

Jeep Tech Files


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com