0311_DoC wrote:
KJ kyle wrote:
well what are you working with now?
I have the Franky premium II, but I also have a CRD and a Trail Ready bumper at 110# plus a M8000 winch I just need a lil push to get er back up a tad.
got this from JBA:
http://jeepinbyal.com/prod-JBA_Spring_Ring-589.aspx
It puts more pressure on the spring for compensating for the heavy bumper.
I spent most of my time in January 08 re engineering the 4 inch strut, we made a new strut tower mount with 5 spring settings. (4 spacer rings can go between the spring and strut mount.)
Setting
1. 4” lift base line 22.50 inches from center line of axle to under side of fender flare
2. 1 ring = 176.7 lbs of force over base
3. 2 rings = 353.4 lbs of force over base (CRD)
4. 3 rings = 530.1 lbs of force over base
5. 4 rings = 706.8 lbs of force over base
Examples:
§ If you have skid plates and a ARB bumper, you would use the #2 setting on the tower
§ If you have a CRD, you would use the #3 setting on the tower
§ If you have a CRD, Skid plates and a ARB you would use #4
This system gives you the owner the ability to customize your ride height, compensating for the extra weight you added to the front of your KJ.
I still need to figure out how to get my front end up a tad. Tom I sent you 2 PM's did you ever get them? you asked me for measurements....