It is currently Thu Oct 08, 2026 1:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Is there a good clear protective covering for stickers?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:48 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:13 pm
Posts: 243
Location: Yuma, AZ
I was recently given a sticker from my gold prospecting club. I'd like to put it in the back window but have a few concerns. The factory tint on the glass is too dark to let the sticker show up well if I was to mount it on the inside using clear tape as a backing. The sticker was meant for outside-the-glass use but is on a paper base. I doubt it would hold up very long to the elements.

Does anyone know of a clear covering I could use to affix and protect the sticker?

Thanks,

Paul

_________________
2007 KJ Limited 4x4

29G, Tow pkg, full skids, bun warmers, moon roof
Amsoil Air Filter, CB, custom cargo box
OME / Rancho Lift / Rockcrusher rear Diff Cover / Super Skink Sliders (not installed yet)
245/75R16 GY MT/R's with Crager 16 x 8 x 5" BS wheels
L.O.S.T. # 005465


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:35 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2005 10:26 pm
Posts: 2133
Location: Sin City USA
I would just get some clear laminate or clear shipping tape..

_________________
2016 JKU RUBICON

other mods coming soon...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:41 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:13 pm
Posts: 243
Location: Yuma, AZ
I have clear packing tape but I doubt that it would hold up to the elements for very long. I suppose what I'm looking for is some type of laminate but I just don't know where to find it.

_________________
2007 KJ Limited 4x4

29G, Tow pkg, full skids, bun warmers, moon roof
Amsoil Air Filter, CB, custom cargo box
OME / Rancho Lift / Rockcrusher rear Diff Cover / Super Skink Sliders (not installed yet)
245/75R16 GY MT/R's with Crager 16 x 8 x 5" BS wheels
L.O.S.T. # 005465


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:43 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2005 10:26 pm
Posts: 2133
Location: Sin City USA
sandracer wrote:
I have clear packing tape but I doubt that it would hold up to the elements for very long. I suppose what I'm looking for is some type of laminate but I just don't know where to find it.


im sure office max or the like has that stuff

_________________
2016 JKU RUBICON

other mods coming soon...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:05 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:52 am
Posts: 20
I don't know if this anwsers your question but when I had a YJ the inspection sticker on the inside of the windshield used to always get wet and peel off because I did run a top most of the time. I found that if I put clear packing tape over it that sholved the problem. So it might yours as well.

Charlie


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:10 pm 
Offline
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:12 pm
Posts: 428
Location: Mundelein, IL (for now at least)
You could try using contact paper. That's what my brother has used in the past to help protect stickers on vehicles.

_________________
2005 Liberty Sport 4x4

Frankenlift; Skink Sliders; Skid Row front skid; Mopar trans, t-case, and gas tank skids; f/r recovery points; Cobra 75 WX ST; Renegade light bar; hardwired radar detector; 245/75 Guard Dog MTs; Optima Red Top, Amsoil air filter


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:59 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:13 pm
Posts: 243
Location: Yuma, AZ
Thanks folks. I bombed out at Staples. I'll go ahead and give the packing tape a try. Have lots of it left over from our Ebay days.

_________________
2007 KJ Limited 4x4

29G, Tow pkg, full skids, bun warmers, moon roof
Amsoil Air Filter, CB, custom cargo box
OME / Rancho Lift / Rockcrusher rear Diff Cover / Super Skink Sliders (not installed yet)
245/75R16 GY MT/R's with Crager 16 x 8 x 5" BS wheels
L.O.S.T. # 005465


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:51 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:50 am
Posts: 261
Location: Keswick, Ontario
I wonder if the vinyl that they make decals with comes in clear? Maybe check with a sign shop if the packing tape doesn't work out :-)

_________________
Black '05 KJ Sport


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:11 am 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:48 am
Posts: 23
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Clear duct tape. :idea:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:43 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:59 pm
Posts: 275
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
you're kidding right? :roll: It's a sticker.... keep it safe at home or stick it.
Even if you cover it, water will get in between....even with the laminate stuff water gets in.

_________________
2008 KK GREEN
OME HD springs and shocks all around
LT245/75R16 Goodyear Duratracs
Aries 1051 black grille guard


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:24 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:13 pm
Posts: 243
Location: Yuma, AZ
mikes07kj wrote:
Clear duct tape. :idea:


Sounds just like something my youngest son would say. Does this mean that you, too........... have "The Knack"? :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmYDgncMhXw

_________________
2007 KJ Limited 4x4

29G, Tow pkg, full skids, bun warmers, moon roof
Amsoil Air Filter, CB, custom cargo box
OME / Rancho Lift / Rockcrusher rear Diff Cover / Super Skink Sliders (not installed yet)
245/75R16 GY MT/R's with Crager 16 x 8 x 5" BS wheels
L.O.S.T. # 005465


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:18 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:03 pm
Posts: 1786
Location: Australia with the Kangaroos
Go to a copy place, get them to scan it and print it on a Poly label material, then laminate that, put it on the car. Keep your good original copy safe at home..

_________________
SOME SAY

I'm Toight... Toight lik a Toiger.

And

When I go to the Toilet, Chuck Norris is there to tear the squares off for me.

"Pass me another one Chuck, and keep em coming!! On sencond thoughts..Go get the hose"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:56 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:48 am
Posts: 23
Location: Cincinnati, OH
sandracer wrote:
mikes07kj wrote:
Clear duct tape. :idea:


Sounds just like something my youngest son would say. Does this mean that you, too........... have "The Knack"? :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmYDgncMhXw


You should have seen my daugther when she discovered what a screw driver was used for. Every light switch cover and outlet cover in the house had a screw missing. :o


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com