It is currently Fri Oct 02, 2026 11:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Paint the "LIBERTY" on the side molding
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:54 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict

Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:36 pm
Posts: 3143
Location: OKLAHOMA
I am wandering how I would go about painting the "LIBERTY" letters on the side molding on the front doors.
I have a silver KJ and the molding is dark grey/blackish, so would the silver look good in the "LIBERTY"?

Thanks!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:59 pm 
Offline
clean machine
clean machine

Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:52 pm
Posts: 1211
Probably going to end up being just careful hand-painting with a fine brush. Might be easier if you could take the panel off the door and paint it on the kitchen table...not sure how hard it is getting that moulding off though, or putting it back on. Just be sure to prep the letters good first to get off wax, etc. But it would look very cool, IMO.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:15 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:38 pm
Posts: 785
Location: watervliet MI
just lay some tape over it, and cut around the letters with a razor blade..


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:09 pm 
Offline
Jeep-O-Caching
Jeep-O-Caching
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:41 am
Posts: 1815
Location: Northern Virginia
I have a limited so the whole side strip is "chrome". I got a touch up bottle of Dark Khaki from the dealer to match the body color. It came with a brush/lid like you use to get with White-Out. I painted both sides in with 1 bottle and had plenty to spare.

Image

_________________
Jason
----------
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:44 pm 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:54 pm
Posts: 2787
Location: Jacksonville, FL
I painted mine. I used a sponge dipped in the paint and then pressed it over the "liberty" to get the same depth of paint on it.

Not the best pics but...
Image
Image

_________________
- Mike
'12 JK

Jeep Tech Files


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:49 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:07 am
Posts: 6220
Location: Colorado Baby!
daspes wrote:
I painted mine. I used a sponge dipped in the paint and then pressed it over the "liberty" to get the same depth of paint on it.

Not the best pics but...
Image
Image


While I don't like the Wheels I do LOVE the black trim. I just think the grey trim looks like crap, the black trim gives nice contrast.

_________________
http://www.Colorado4Wheel.com
"Its not about what you can DO with your Jeep, its about where you can GO with your Jeep."
Knowledgeable - But Caustic


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:30 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:03 pm
Posts: 765
Location: Homeless in Vegas
Both of those look nice!

_________________
Jeep, its a way of life.

06 KJ Limited
10 JK Unlimited Rubicon
14 JK Unlimited Rubicon
14 KL Cherokee Trail Hawk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:14 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:51 pm
Posts: 253
Location: Atlanta, GA
daspes what size tires are you running? are those 15'' wheels?

_________________
2010 JK Sport 6spd

2002 Liberty Sport ---> SOLD :(

For Sale: Skid Row transmission skid plate and rear headrests


ABSENCE OF EVIDENCE IS NOT EVIDENCE OF ABSENCE


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:22 pm 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:54 pm
Posts: 2787
Location: Jacksonville, FL
ChiroKJ wrote:
daspes what size tires are you running? are those 15'' wheels?


265/75R16's

_________________
- Mike
'12 JK

Jeep Tech Files


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com