ridah011 wrote:
So i ruined my front diff while I was wheeling out in Rausch Creek in Central PA. The vent hose ripped and I got water into it. So I was hoping for peoples input. I am probably going to upgrade. My mechanic said I will need new bearings. Now I know the bearings can be rebuilt, but where can I get new ones? Will the be compatible with the LSD Detroit front diff? If I get the LSD is that include the carrier? Any help and direction is appreciated.
Who determined your front diff. is ruined from getting water in it? What is it doing that you feel you need to replace it?
There are many of us that have had water get in to the differential and I can't remember anyone having to replace the carrier including myself because of it. I just drained the contaminated gear oil, replaced my my bad axle seal where water was getting in, refilled it, and all was good to go.
_________________
Slightly modified Lt. Khaki 3.7 2004 LTD 4X4. Purchased new 8/6/03.
What I don't have....A Mag light mounted to my seat.
Original Old L.O.S.T. #000354
Nick's Pics & Mods click here:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/531173http://www.survivaltopics.com/forums/