It is currently Sat Oct 03, 2026 3:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Summer gas already?!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:00 am 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:07 pm
Posts: 242
Location: ANF, Colorado
Just tanked up at the place I normally do here south of Denver - same grade and whatnot - but the KK is running way better than usual. Both down here and up at the house (5300' and 9600'). Can't think of anything else it would be... Just passed 26K miles - 2K miles since the last oil change. Dunno... What do you guys think?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:18 am 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:16 pm
Posts: 1391
Location: Felton, DE
my mpg has increased which is a good thing since my foot has been getting heavy on the pedal lately. :)

_________________
06 White KJ Sport 4x4 :JEEPIN:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2432458/1


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:21 am 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:11 pm
Posts: 1885
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Has the temperature gone up recently? Colder temps also hurt MPGs. I just wish I could find a gas station that doesn't sell E10.

_________________
2002 Jeep KJ Sport 3.7L 4x4

245/75-16 Mastercraft Courser HSX, 16x7 Cragar, 2" OME MD Lift, ARB Bumper
AEM Brute Force Cold Air Intake, Flowmaster Super 44 Muffler

Currently working on: Full service on transmission & bed-lining ARB bumper

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=84650


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:43 am 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:07 pm
Posts: 242
Location: ANF, Colorado
jeepkj02 wrote:
Has the temperature gone up recently? Colder temps also hurt MPGs. I just wish I could find a gas station that doesn't sell E10.


Not really... It's been pretty mild all winter. It got cold for a couple of days, but that would have been the test, not the control.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:11 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:29 am
Posts: 5956
Location: Hillsborough, NC / Corolla NC
My jeep got REEEALLLLY excited a few weeks ago on one of the first warm days we had for several months

it was chirpin tires and growlin at other cars and acting like it actually preferred to run 85 instead of 65

then it got over it

it only hit 60 the next day

_________________
03 Renegade (Black)
177k miles 3.7L gas - 45RFE
Command Trac / 4.10s
Lift: ft. 790+ rr. JBA4+
The last of the TrailReady Front&Rear Bumpers and TR Rock Rails
Jarhead Offroad light covers
31x10.5R15 RedLetter Grabbers on Blackrock Dunes
L.O.S.T #KD098632


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:05 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:33 pm
Posts: 223
Location: Sierra Vista, AZ
Not sure if it's the gas or what. I just had my jeep out of commission for three days with the front end apart.(took out the franky poly spacers) The battery was out as well. When I put it back together and started it, some white smoke briefly came out of the exhaust and it was running like a beast. I took it for a drive and it seemed like it had way more power than normal. I figured it could be one of three things: A) The computer is relearning, B) Gas (I had just filled it up prior to disassembly) or C) I had just gotten used to my wife's 4 banger Honda. I guess it could be a combination of all three. All I know is that I like it. :)

_________________
02' KJ Limited/Frankenlift I HD Coils
245/75 Big Foot A/T's on Soft 8's
EBC Greenstuffs 7000
K&N Air Filter
Full set Mopar skids
Sirius Sat Radio
Cheapa$$ Subwoofer
Custom pinstripes:)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:10 pm 
Offline
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:49 pm
Posts: 27226
Location: NOW Southeastern Ohio/ Tanzania
It seems as if when you do have the battery disconnected for a while it does run better or something while it is relearning. but could of been like you stated combo of all three.

Tom

_________________
MUDD'S MOTORSPORT'S We do IFS lift installs ,
03 OVERLAND EDITION /Kilby-Skidrow-Mopar-4XGuard skids/ 2.5 inch TOTAL CONTROL JBA coilovers -JBA Arms/MOABS-31 FALKEN WILDPEAK AT3W / 4.10's etc, 04 Kilimanjaro Edition loaded, plus 05 KJ limited


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:04 am 
Offline
JACKRABBIT
JACKRABBIT

Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:26 pm
Posts: 3970
Location: Phoenix, AZ
yellocoyote wrote:
I haven't noticed a difference here yet. :? I wish it would change soon though.


no kidding chicago is being brutal right now, today was alright tho

_________________
Steve
2018 RAM 1500 Rebel
2003 KJ
Mods:Exterior: Frankenlift + 2 extra rear iso, JBA UCAs, ARB Bumper w/XRC8, Safari Snorkel, 265/75/16 AT, Mopar Skids, Boulderbars, RL Gecko Sport Rack
Interior: Infinity Reference speakers, 12" Alpine Type R Sub, Alpine radio, Gauge Pods (Oil, Volts), Cobra Cb, All J Interior Rack


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:55 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:29 am
Posts: 5956
Location: Hillsborough, NC / Corolla NC
shame we couldn't have muscle jeeps just by installing a rv style battery disconnect

_________________
03 Renegade (Black)
177k miles 3.7L gas - 45RFE
Command Trac / 4.10s
Lift: ft. 790+ rr. JBA4+
The last of the TrailReady Front&Rear Bumpers and TR Rock Rails
Jarhead Offroad light covers
31x10.5R15 RedLetter Grabbers on Blackrock Dunes
L.O.S.T #KD098632


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:50 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:33 pm
Posts: 898
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
my jeep was getting loud and fast for a few days but we had some snow and now it seems sluggish again

_________________
Image Image Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com