jdumont wrote:
Oh man thats good news. So its only the rear diff that you cant move the drive shaft on while the axles are out cause of the clip.... Good to know.
I dont think my back could handle being on the cement for that much longer if i had to re-do that side.
Im in tough shape. On the plus side, i got a killer sunburn/tan today. I was outside working on this from 7:30am-7:00pm. I dont know how the hell you did one in 4 hours, you must have wrenches for fingers!
Thanks, ill post some pics and a write up tomorrow under a new post for future searchers.
I think im gonna do my u-joints tomorrow too!
And think that was my 1st steering rack done in a KJ also but turning wrenches for so long I can visually look at something and know what needs to be removed to get a part out and in.You can ask daspes about the time it took,he was there and did help since it was his KJ.At least now you know what is involved and why that is a $1200 job at a shop.