It is currently Sat Oct 03, 2026 9:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:06 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:38 pm
Posts: 12988
Location: Colorado Springs
SweepnChoke wrote:
tjkj2002 wrote:
SweepnChoke wrote:
^^^ X2 please, thinking of tearing out the carpet, but haven't decided on bedlining the floor or installing a vinyl one.

http://www.jeep4x4center.com/jeep-carpe ... iberty.htm

Image
Dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just ordered one,sucks though I wanted orange but settled for black :wink: .


I hear ya, I want urban camo but I'll have to settle for black as well. I would definately be interested in seeing some installation pics when you get it.
It wouldn't be until the SFA swap since I would need to remove the carpet anyways to replace the parking brake cables,but I will take pics.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:20 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2005 8:23 am
Posts: 3544
Location: New Braunfels, Texas
You can turn off the "Chime"...I did mine...forgot exactly how but I think it was in the Owners Manual.

_________________
Founder of L.O.S.T.
2006 CRD Sport

Mods: GDE Hot Tune w/ 364#@2000rpm/Air Box /3" Str8 Exhaust/ASFIR Alum Skids/245-75R-16 Cooper STT PRO/OME LIFT w/Clevis & 4 Spring Isos/AirTabs/Rigid 10" S2 LED/4xGuard Ctr Matrix Bumper
Drag Strip:Reac=.1078_60ft=2.224_1/8=10.39@64.8mph_1/4+16.46@80.8mph


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:32 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:32 pm
Posts: 42
Location: Memphis, TN
DarbyWalters wrote:
You can turn off the "Chime"...I did mine...forgot exactly how but I think it was in the Owners Manual.


Naw, that's just for the selt belt warning. Removing the passenger seat creates a false Air Bag warning and there is no procedure to turn off the warning chime for that reason.

Has anybody ever opened up their instrument panel? I think I have determined that the audio tone transducer is located between the mask and the rear cover of the EMIC unit, and I'm wondering if there is room to put some sound insulation material around it to reduce the volume.

_________________
06 Sport stock so far


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:13 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict

Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:27 am
Posts: 2247
Location: Woodward Ave
On the 2006 models there is a weight sensor in the passenger seat. By unplugging the seat, seatbelt anchor and the harness, you have thrown a trouble code indicating that the passenger seat sensor is malfunctioning. The only way to correct the issue would be to reinstall the seat and the seat belt components.

You can not take out the airbag.

_________________
02 Liberty Limited
Silver Outside & Taupe Inside
Heated Seats, Sunroof & Infinity speakers
USA Spec I-Pod adaptor, Mopar Sub, Garmin GPS
Tow Package, Select-Trac
Rock Rails, Tow Hooks


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:26 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:32 pm
Posts: 42
Location: Memphis, TN
sleeve84028 wrote:
On the 2006 models there is a weight sensor in the passenger seat. By unplugging the seat, seatbelt anchor and the harness, you have thrown a trouble code indicating that the passenger seat sensor is malfunctioning. The only way to correct the issue would be to reinstall the seat and the seat belt components.

You can not take out the airbag.


True.

Do you also know that you cannot remove or modify the center console without running into similar airbag troubles? The owners manual even says this is so many words - "Do not modify the center console."

Can you believe this? A jeep whose manual says "do not modify"? Why, old Wilifong Jeepster must be turning in his grave.

IMHO, if we allow this to stand, this is the time from which to date the demise of Jeep. Not IFS, not Chrysler's takeover, but the first time that they printed "do not modify" and jeep owners complied. At least, that's how I feel, so I'm going to keep looking for ways to do what I want - take the seat out w/o losing airbag protection, get rid of chimes and, yes, modify the center console. It might take an unreasonable amount of work to do all that, and it's not very important to wheeling so it might take a long time, but I'm going to keep trying. One day I'll get there.

Can we start a movement? "Fight the power - modify your console!" 8)

_________________
06 Sport stock so far


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:34 pm 
Offline
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:49 pm
Posts: 27226
Location: NOW Southeastern Ohio/ Tanzania
old Wilifong Jeepster??????? :shock: :? :? :? :?

_________________
MUDD'S MOTORSPORT'S We do IFS lift installs ,
03 OVERLAND EDITION /Kilby-Skidrow-Mopar-4XGuard skids/ 2.5 inch TOTAL CONTROL JBA coilovers -JBA Arms/MOABS-31 FALKEN WILDPEAK AT3W / 4.10's etc, 04 Kilimanjaro Edition loaded, plus 05 KJ limited


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:39 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:32 pm
Posts: 42
Location: Memphis, TN
tommudd wrote:
old Wilifong Jeepster??????? :shock: :? :? :? :?


John North Willys' right hand man and inventor of the jeep idea. Worked briefly for Bantam Car Co before joining John. :wink:

_________________
06 Sport stock so far


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:35 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:32 pm
Posts: 42
Location: Memphis, TN
tjkj2002 wrote:
SweepnChoke wrote:
tjkj2002 wrote:
SweepnChoke wrote:
^^^ X2 please, thinking of tearing out the carpet, but haven't decided on bedlining the floor or installing a vinyl one.

http://www.jeep4x4center.com/jeep-carpe ... iberty.htm

Image
Dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just ordered one,sucks though I wanted orange but settled for black :wink: .


I hear ya, I want urban camo but I'll have to settle for black as well. I would definately be interested in seeing some installation pics when you get it.
It wouldn't be until the SFA swap since I would need to remove the carpet anyways to replace the parking brake cables,but I will take pics.



I think I'm getting ready to buy one of these - are you still waiting for your SFA swap before installing yours? How didi ti look when you got it? The floor has a lot of intricate little places. Does it look like the vinyl mold is going to fit all these perfectly?

Are you going to try to use drain plugs in the floor, or leave it one piece and try to keep it dry underneath? Even if you leave it one piece, it seems like there's a chance water will accumulate underneath it. When I pulled my carpet, there was a small amount of standing water in the driver side floorboards. I am planning to use drain plugs, so I know I will have water under the vinyl, so I'm planning to cut the vinyl flooring into pieces that I can easily remove for drying, without having to remove the front seats. Thus, I would have cuts under each front seat, and the console area would be cut out. Based on that description and what you received, do you see any problems I might have?

_________________
06 Sport stock so far


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:24 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:38 pm
Posts: 12988
Location: Colorado Springs
hollysprings wrote:
tjkj2002 wrote:
SweepnChoke wrote:
tjkj2002 wrote:
SweepnChoke wrote:
^^^ X2 please, thinking of tearing out the carpet, but haven't decided on bedlining the floor or installing a vinyl one.

http://www.jeep4x4center.com/jeep-carpe ... iberty.htm

Image
Dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just ordered one,sucks though I wanted orange but settled for black :wink: .


I hear ya, I want urban camo but I'll have to settle for black as well. I would definately be interested in seeing some installation pics when you get it.
It wouldn't be until the SFA swap since I would need to remove the carpet anyways to replace the parking brake cables,but I will take pics.



I think I'm getting ready to buy one of these - are you still waiting for your SFA swap before installing yours? How didi ti look when you got it? The floor has a lot of intricate little places. Does it look like the vinyl mold is going to fit all these perfectly?

Are you going to try to use drain plugs in the floor, or leave it one piece and try to keep it dry underneath? Even if you leave it one piece, it seems like there's a chance water will accumulate underneath it. When I pulled my carpet, there was a small amount of standing water in the driver side floorboards. I am planning to use drain plugs, so I know I will have water under the vinyl, so I'm planning to cut the vinyl flooring into pieces that I can easily remove for drying, without having to remove the front seats. Thus, I would have cuts under each front seat, and the console area would be cut out. Based on that description and what you received, do you see any problems I might have?
It's heavy,it's about 1/8" thick.It looks like a good form but there are no holes cut in it so for all the bolts(seats)and center console area will need to be cut out.It comes with a separate piece for the rear cargo area also and a foam piece for the front floor board area.I'm not installing any drain plugs as I will still use my Husky liners as well though I will have to cut off all the spikes.I also will be rubberize undercoat the floor with a very heavy coat.I'm hoping to have it installed in a month or so.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 4:51 pm 
tjkj2002 wrote:
SweepnChoke wrote:
^^^ X2 please, thinking of tearing out the carpet, but haven't decided on bedlining the floor or installing a vinyl one.

http://www.jeep4x4center.com/jeep-carpe ... iberty.htm

Image
Dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just ordered one,sucks though I wanted orange but settled for black :wink: .


TJKJ did you get yours yet? What does it look like? Because i got mine but its just a big rectangular piece of vinyl that is not molded and had not been cut to shape. :shock: Is that what yours looks like? I think i may have to send mine back. :(


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 4:57 pm 
tjkj2002 wrote:
It's heavy,it's about 1/8" thick.It looks like a good form but there are no holes cut in it so for all the bolts(seats)and center console area will need to be cut out.It comes with a separate piece for the rear cargo area also and a foam piece for the front floor board area.I'm not installing any drain plugs as I will still use my Husky liners as well though I will have to cut off all the spikes.I also will be rubberize undercoat the floor with a very heavy coat.I'm hoping to have it installed in a month or so.


Ok yours was like that too. Boy is it not like advertised though. You see that picture of molded vinyl and what you get is nothing like what is advertised. You could probably do just as well to buy some vinyl at the carpet store and cut it to shape yourself. :x

Update: it does have some molding in the vinyl but it is slight and it just looks like a big piece of crumpled up vinyl from being shipped. The only molding that i can clearly make out is where the cross beams go that the seats bolt into.


Last edited by Guest on Sun May 10, 2009 6:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 5:03 pm 
tjkj2002 wrote:
It comes with a separate piece for the rear cargo area also and a foam piece for the front floor board area


That foam piece looks to me like it goes in the cargo area as well, no? It fits perfectly there. I don't think i will install any foam under the drivers feet as it will just hold water if any gets under there.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 8:14 pm 
Okay, now that i've installed it i can say that do not install this floor unless you know what you are doing. I made lots of mistakes and there are gaps. It is a pain in the booty to put in and i cut too much material away trying to get it to go in place. It would be better to have a professional carpet installer put it in for you. Hopefully when i put the seats in it will cover up some of my mistakes. As far as protecting your floor board from water - forget it. Water will just leak past the sides and go down underneath anyways. I sprayed the floor down with asphvault rubber sealer stuff to protect it from water before i put this on. Overall, I give this product a thumbs down for ease of install. I should have sent it back before i installed it but my rug had already been thrown out. I think a better idea would be to just spray the floor with bedline or something like that.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 10:29 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:38 pm
Posts: 12988
Location: Colorado Springs
icarl wrote:
Okay, now that i've installed it i can say that do not install this floor unless you know what you are doing. I made lots of mistakes and there are gaps. It is a pain in the @$#% to put in and i cut too much material away trying to get it to go in place. It would be better to have a professional carpet installer put it in for you. Hopefully when i put the seats in it will cover up some of my mistakes. As far as protecting your floor board from water - forget it. Water will just leak past the sides and go down underneath anyways. I sprayed the floor down with asphvault rubber sealer stuff to protect it from water before i put this on. Overall, I give this product a thumbs down for ease of install. I should have sent it back before i installed it but my rug had already been thrown out. I think a better idea would be to just spray the floor with bedline or something like that.
Any carpet replacement is going to be a royal pain.Done some interior stuff before so installing is nothing new to me.What I wanted this for is not for any type of water proofing,I just hate carpet that looks tacky and never can be kept clean,traps oders,and again looks like s#$t in a vehicle.Bedlining is just not a good idea with the amount of wiring under the carpet in a KJ.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 12:36 am 
tjkj2002 wrote:
icarl wrote:
Okay, now that i've installed it i can say that do not install this floor unless you know what you are doing. I made lots of mistakes and there are gaps. It is a pain in the @$#% to put in and i cut too much material away trying to get it to go in place. It would be better to have a professional carpet installer put it in for you. Hopefully when i put the seats in it will cover up some of my mistakes. As far as protecting your floor board from water - forget it. Water will just leak past the sides and go down underneath anyways. I sprayed the floor down with asphvault rubber sealer stuff to protect it from water before i put this on. Overall, I give this product a thumbs down for ease of install. I should have sent it back before i installed it but my rug had already been thrown out. I think a better idea would be to just spray the floor with bedline or something like that.
Any carpet replacement is going to be a royal pain.Done some interior stuff before so installing is nothing new to me.What I wanted this for is not for any type of water proofing,I just hate carpet that looks tacky and never can be kept clean,traps oders,and again looks like s#$t in a vehicle.Bedlining is just not a good idea with the amount of wiring under the carpet in a KJ.


The wiring can be relocated down the center. But you are right for a cleaner look leave wiring where it is and put the vinyl down. I've got it mostly on now but there is some gaps around the center console. It doesn't look that bad now that i got all the molding in. I found out you need to leave a lot of the material up there so there is no gaps around the console. It was deceiving. I will have to make a skirt around the console now to cover the gaps. Should look okay then. The flooring itself is nice but if i had to do it again i would do it differently but hindsight is 20/20. For one thing if i had the old rug i could of used it as a template for where to cut the center console.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 4:30 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2006 5:27 pm
Posts: 328
Location: St. Catharines Ontario Canada
Any install pics?

_________________
-------------------------------------------------------
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2434197
2002 Liberty Renegade
-OME 927-Rancho RSX 17505-3 Ring Clevis-JBA UCA-Teraflex Bump Stop
-JBA-LIB25R Rear Coil-2 Upper/Lower Iso-Skyjacker H7088 Shocks-3 Hockey Puck Bump Stops
-Powerslot Rotors-Moab Rims-BFG TA/KO 265-75-R16
-ARB Bumper-Rock Rails
-Super 44 Exhaust
+ Some More Crap


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 5:26 pm 
Just after spraying the floor down
Image

Just before putting the vinyl in. wires back in place.
Image

Here is the vinyl that was shipped to me. It is very crumpled and hard to see the molding. At first i thought they sent me the wrong one. It does look better now that it is installed.
Image

Here is a pic during install.
Image

I will take some more pics later for you to see. The seats and side molding are in place now. I still need to fix the gaps and to install the rear vinyl but that is the easy part.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 7:32 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2006 5:27 pm
Posts: 328
Location: St. Catharines Ontario Canada
Thanks for the pics, please keep me updated as I am extremely interested in seeing how this turns out, and have been considering buying one of these for a year or two.

I have to admit the picture in shipped condition is not what I was expecting and definately would have had me concerned.

What dimensions were the box it was shipped in? I have a friend that picks up all my stuff from a PO box in the states so I need to make sure it will fit in his truck.

_________________
-------------------------------------------------------
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2434197
2002 Liberty Renegade
-OME 927-Rancho RSX 17505-3 Ring Clevis-JBA UCA-Teraflex Bump Stop
-JBA-LIB25R Rear Coil-2 Upper/Lower Iso-Skyjacker H7088 Shocks-3 Hockey Puck Bump Stops
-Powerslot Rotors-Moab Rims-BFG TA/KO 265-75-R16
-ARB Bumper-Rock Rails
-Super 44 Exhaust
+ Some More Crap


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 10:40 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:38 pm
Posts: 12988
Location: Colorado Springs
SweepnChoke wrote:
Thanks for the pics, please keep me updated as I am extremely interested in seeing how this turns out, and have been considering buying one of these for a year or two.

I have to admit the picture in shipped condition is not what I was expecting and definately would have had me concerned.

What dimensions were the box it was shipped in? I have a friend that picks up all my stuff from a PO box in the states so I need to make sure it will fit in his truck.
It's a big box,about 12"(H)x48"(W)x18"(D).Mine didn't near as bad as his in the pic.I unfolded mine in my living room and let it "relax" for about a week then loosely rolled it until I'm ready to install it in a few weeks.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 11:16 pm 
As you can see mine was molded around a dinosaur excavation site instead of a kj. :lol:

After i complained they gave me a $40 discount coupon for my next purchase. :roll:


Top
  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com