It is currently Thu Oct 08, 2026 10:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 10:58 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict

Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:36 pm
Posts: 3143
Location: OKLAHOMA
how did you cut the stock muffler off...
I don't think I have the proper tool./


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 7:10 am 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:19 pm
Posts: 260
Location: Milford, CT
i think i am going to try to use a reciprocating saw but i remember someone saying they used a hack saw

_________________
First Car 03' Sport 4x4; air deflector; debadged; Frankenlifted; Gen 4.5 UCA's; Custom Mesh Grille Inserts; Flowmaster Super 44; 265/70/16 General Grabber AT2's; Unique Series 42 "D" Wheels; Sony T330 CD Receiver Head Unit;Kicker 12" sub;Kicker 400.1 Amp

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3158614


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 6:19 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:20 am
Posts: 371
Location: Rosholt,SD
Hack saw would be slow and a pain in the stupid. A reciprocating saw is what I used, cut through it in a matter of seconds. Hack saw would be fine but would take a little bit of time.

_________________
06' Liberty Sport, herculined all plastic, ome/rancho front with clevis and 3/8" top plate, 927 OME with to extra isolators, 265/75R16 howlers, 40 series flowmaster, front tow hooks, http://s852.photobucket.com/albums/ab82/JMSMN/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 9:59 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict

Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:36 pm
Posts: 3143
Location: OKLAHOMA
WOWWWWW!!! i LOVE THE SOUND I AM GETTING FROM THIS MUFFLER!
IT IS LOUD AT THE START AND THEN QUIETS DOWN AFTER ABOUT 3K RPM!

I can't say enough good things about this muffler!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 10:03 am 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:19 pm
Posts: 260
Location: Milford, CT
i love this muffler also...i cannot complain about anything

_________________
First Car 03' Sport 4x4; air deflector; debadged; Frankenlifted; Gen 4.5 UCA's; Custom Mesh Grille Inserts; Flowmaster Super 44; 265/70/16 General Grabber AT2's; Unique Series 42 "D" Wheels; Sony T330 CD Receiver Head Unit;Kicker 12" sub;Kicker 400.1 Amp

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3158614


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 12:31 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:45 pm
Posts: 384
Location: Montana (Rocky Mountain Side)
http://performancepeddler.com/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=FLO942547

I found this link and it looks like the right In/Out to me, cheapest price i could find, the only concern i have, it clamping the new muffler on the old pipe without welding could have adverse long term effects. Without sealing the pipes I'm worried about excessive corrosion, water build up, and the clamps will eventually wear out and rust off (especially with trail use.)

Of course you could go the alternative route and replace the everything from the headers back and replace it with a dual pipe / mufler setup. Use pure stainless steel piping and the stainless steel muffler, then you never worry about replacing it.

Honestly it's not that much more i'd be tempted to go for
http://www.truckcustomizers.com/products/R4FLW799.3.html
The Center/in Offset/out 2.5in. Should be the right one, and it's really what, only 30 bucks more?

_________________
05 o|||||||o Liberty 4x4 Patriot Blue w/Custom Black Trim
Kenwood Excellon KDC-X693 w/Alpine 500w AMP Bridged dual Alpine Subs
Frankenlift I w/Extra Isolator - ARB with Warn M8000
Goodyear Duratrac's 245/75/R16 on Cregar soft 8's, Full Skids


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 1:26 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict

Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:36 pm
Posts: 3143
Location: OKLAHOMA
I'm not too worried about anything down there rusting, considering it only really rains for a couple months here, and we never get snow.
I clamped mine on b/c it was a heck-of-a-lot cheaper, and I got to do it myself!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 1:27 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:20 am
Posts: 371
Location: Rosholt,SD
riptricket wrote:
I'm not too worried about anything down there rusting, considering it only really rains for a couple months here, and we never get snow.
I clamped mine on b/c it was a heck-of-a-lot cheaper, and I got to do it myself!




Sounds like it all worked out for you. How did the install go?

_________________
06' Liberty Sport, herculined all plastic, ome/rancho front with clevis and 3/8" top plate, 927 OME with to extra isolators, 265/75R16 howlers, 40 series flowmaster, front tow hooks, http://s852.photobucket.com/albums/ab82/JMSMN/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 1:31 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict

Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:36 pm
Posts: 3143
Location: OKLAHOMA
It took my brother and myself ~2 hours. Mostly because he is a perfectionist and wanted everything level and ground down smooth. I can't say enough good things that he does, but man I thought we were never gunna finish.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 4:00 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:19 pm
Posts: 260
Location: Milford, CT
JMSMN wrote:
riptricket wrote:
I'm not too worried about anything down there rusting, considering it only really rains for a couple months here, and we never get snow.
I clamped mine on b/c it was a heck-of-a-lot cheaper, and I got to do it myself!




Sounds like it all worked out for you. How did the install go?


my install went great took about 45 min

_________________
First Car 03' Sport 4x4; air deflector; debadged; Frankenlifted; Gen 4.5 UCA's; Custom Mesh Grille Inserts; Flowmaster Super 44; 265/70/16 General Grabber AT2's; Unique Series 42 "D" Wheels; Sony T330 CD Receiver Head Unit;Kicker 12" sub;Kicker 400.1 Amp

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3158614


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 5:05 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:20 am
Posts: 371
Location: Rosholt,SD
Do you like the sound of the muffler. The first time I started mine up I loved it. Had the wife drive around the block and drive buy the house to see what it sounds like. Am very happy with it.

_________________
06' Liberty Sport, herculined all plastic, ome/rancho front with clevis and 3/8" top plate, 927 OME with to extra isolators, 265/75R16 howlers, 40 series flowmaster, front tow hooks, http://s852.photobucket.com/albums/ab82/JMSMN/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 5:10 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:19 pm
Posts: 260
Location: Milford, CT
JMSMN wrote:
Do you like the sound of the muffler. The first time I started mine up I loved it. Had the wife drive around the block and drive buy the house to see what it sounds like. Am very happy with it.


i love the sound...i still need someone to drive it so i could hear it

_________________
First Car 03' Sport 4x4; air deflector; debadged; Frankenlifted; Gen 4.5 UCA's; Custom Mesh Grille Inserts; Flowmaster Super 44; 265/70/16 General Grabber AT2's; Unique Series 42 "D" Wheels; Sony T330 CD Receiver Head Unit;Kicker 12" sub;Kicker 400.1 Amp

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3158614


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 1:01 am 
Offline
LOST Addict

Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:36 pm
Posts: 3143
Location: OKLAHOMA
have you guys noticed that now it run up to ~3000 RPM before dropping off to second gear, then shoots back up

It is quite different than stock... just making sure I am not going crazy or that I broke something!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 2:17 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:17 pm
Posts: 250
riptricket wrote:
have you guys noticed that now it run up to ~3000 RPM before dropping off to second gear, then shoots back up

It is quite different than stock... just making sure I am not going crazy or that I broke something!


Simply put, either you lost gobs of low end power ( I believe mine lost a little by opening up the 2.25" sections) , or you're accelerating harder

_________________
Patriot Blue 04 KJ
OME HD lift w/ 1/8" Clevis lift
LT 245/75/16 Revo's
Husky liners
Aeroturbine 2525
Amsoil


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 1:17 am 
Offline
LOST Addict

Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:36 pm
Posts: 3143
Location: OKLAHOMA
well... it is actually increasing my mpg!!!
I am at half a tank and at 175miles. I used to get 150 at half a tank, but I'll see for sure when I fill up!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 2:17 am 
LOL, sorry, but a muffler is not going to give you an extra 3+ mpg...


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 4:09 am 
Offline
LOST Addict

Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:36 pm
Posts: 3143
Location: OKLAHOMA
i am just saying it is kinda weird... not saying it gave me 3 extra mpg. I am waiting for the fill-up to calculate it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 11:11 am 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:17 pm
Posts: 250
Can't jump to conclusions about one tank. Different conditions, different driving. Take data for 10,000 miles both ways then compare

_________________
Patriot Blue 04 KJ
OME HD lift w/ 1/8" Clevis lift
LT 245/75/16 Revo's
Husky liners
Aeroturbine 2525
Amsoil


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SUPER 44
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:56 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:09 pm
Posts: 886
Location: Dixie, Maryland
I love my super 44 and how it sounds and performs. But Im not happy with the fact that it rotted in less then a year. I went with a dynomax ultraflow and hopefully getting it installed tomorrow. Hopefully it sounds and performs as well as the super 44 did with less rot. Hopefully you wont have the same results as I did. Oh an grats on the muffler/bday. :JEEPIN:

_________________
Fran:2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7 quadra drive. 31in General Grabber AT2, OME HD, bilstein, IRO sway links, addco rear sway. Kolak 3in cat back flowmaster SUV 50, magnaflow 3in cat, airaid JR kit, ram air, P.I.E. aux adapter, surco 45x50, husky liners.http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=65276&p=719908#p719908


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SUPER 44
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:55 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 6:09 pm
Posts: 584
Location: Clayton, North Carolina
....you know this post if from may of 2009 right?

_________________
Zack A.
2005 Rocky Mountain Ed.
W4ZWA


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com