It is currently Sun Oct 04, 2026 7:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Extended Bumpstops Installed
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 1:17 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:41 am
Posts: 687
Location: Canada
I have an OTT lift on my Libby so I felt it necessary to order a pair of Teraflex extended bumpstops. My front shock struts have failed twice since installing the OTT lift and I suspect I've bottomed out the shocks.

Getting out the old ones took some effort and getting the new ones in took some effort & some soap.
Image
Image

Can't wait to ditch the OTT lift for a proper Frankenlift. A buddy of mine installed one and I like the look of it.

_________________
my trail & highway ride (and occasional tow rig)
04 Liberty Sport with a 2.5" lift, ProComp 245/75R16 AT's and two Hella700FF lamps (more accessories to come)

my trail queen
95 YJ with a RE 4" lift, 33" ProComp Extreme's, M8000 Winch, Lockrite Locker up front, Super35 in the rear and 4.88 gears


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 1:21 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:59 pm
Posts: 275
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
looks good. That's the only thing I haven't done. I don't think I'll ever bottom out. I don't go off road at all and I don't have any extra weight in front.

_________________
2008 KK GREEN
OME HD springs and shocks all around
LT245/75R16 Goodyear Duratracs
Aries 1051 black grille guard


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 1:23 pm 
Offline
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:49 pm
Posts: 27226
Location: NOW Southeastern Ohio/ Tanzania
BjBnet wrote:
looks good. That's the only thing I haven't done. I don't think I'll ever bottom out. I don't go off road at all and I don't have any extra weight in front.


do you go across speed bumps, pot holes or curbs etc. If so then you need them. People do not realize how much a suspension works just doing daily driving

_________________
MUDD'S MOTORSPORT'S We do IFS lift installs ,
03 OVERLAND EDITION /Kilby-Skidrow-Mopar-4XGuard skids/ 2.5 inch TOTAL CONTROL JBA coilovers -JBA Arms/MOABS-31 FALKEN WILDPEAK AT3W / 4.10's etc, 04 Kilimanjaro Edition loaded, plus 05 KJ limited


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com