It is currently Thu Oct 08, 2026 1:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Question
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 1:51 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:05 am
Posts: 499
Location: AAFB, MD
I just got done installing my Frankenlift. I have some contact issues as seen in the pic. Is this normal prior to an alingment? This is the only problem I am seeing at the moment. Everything else looks great & rides great. It is a bit stiff but I expected that. The front end is sitting higher than the rear it seems also but I figure everything will settle into place after awhile right? Thanks in advance. Pics to follow shortly...

Image
Image
Image

_________________
2010 Unlimited Rubicon


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 3:03 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:05 am
Posts: 499
Location: AAFB, MD
20 views & no input :?

_________________
2010 Unlimited Rubicon


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 3:07 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:41 am
Posts: 296
need to repalce the upper arms some on ever lift out there they all hit the sprinng jeep by al and get a set of his arms and will be all set


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 3:11 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 11, 2006 9:47 pm
Posts: 60
Location: Georgia
Due to the height, I can only assume that is common. I would suggest replacing the upper a-arm with the one from All J Products. Your issue is the reason why I didn't go with the Frankenlift although it would be true with any tall lift. Along with that, it also puts the cv's at a tight angle. These are just some of the things that we have to deal with if we want height.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 3:26 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2006 5:27 pm
Posts: 328
Location: St. Catharines Ontario Canada
I have OME HDs over Ranchos so I don't have that big bottom isolator sticking out(stock bottom isolator reused), but why wouldn't they put the part that sticks out facing the inside where there is plenty of room for it instead of facing the outside where it does now? Or is it specifically there to act as a bumper to prevent the UCA from making contact with the coil?

_________________
-------------------------------------------------------
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2434197
2002 Liberty Renegade
-OME 927-Rancho RSX 17505-3 Ring Clevis-JBA UCA-Teraflex Bump Stop
-JBA-LIB25R Rear Coil-2 Upper/Lower Iso-Skyjacker H7088 Shocks-3 Hockey Puck Bump Stops
-Powerslot Rotors-Moab Rims-BFG TA/KO 265-75-R16
-ARB Bumper-Rock Rails
-Super 44 Exhaust
+ Some More Crap


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 4:26 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:05 am
Posts: 499
Location: AAFB, MD
Great I knew that was the answere I was going to get. Need to replace upper A-arms with JBA's :roll: .......

_________________
2010 Unlimited Rubicon


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 9:40 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:40 pm
Posts: 630
Location: Southern New Jersey
Is it me or that UBJ not seated properly? :o

_________________
“You cannot solve a problem from the same consciousness that created it."

“Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 9:47 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:20 pm
Posts: 502
Location: Corona, CA
nosnorb_808 wrote:
20 views & no input :?


You might get fewer views but better input with a more specific subject line.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 9:49 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:31 pm
Posts: 182
LIV42DY wrote:
Is it me or that UBJ not seated properly? :o


Does look a little off.



Mine was the same until my frankenlift settled in a bit


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 10:05 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict

Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:12 pm
Posts: 2476
Location: Jamestown PA
nosnorb_808 wrote:
Great I knew that was the answere I was going to get. Need to replace upper A-arms with JBA's :roll: .......



i have a franky and stock a-arm's.. i had contact to begin with but once it settles it'll be fine. and when it's on the ground with the weight of the jeep on it there wont be contact.. however when you hit a bumper and the wheel drops it will contact. but like i said it will stop sooner or later

_________________
2006 Renegade. Completely stock.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 2:06 am 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:05 am
Posts: 499
Location: AAFB, MD
2006 KJ wrote:
nosnorb_808 wrote:
Great I knew that was the answere I was going to get. Need to replace upper A-arms with JBA's :roll: .......



i have a franky and stock a-arm's.. i had contact to begin with but once it settles it'll be fine. and when it's on the ground with the weight of the jeep on it there wont be contact.. however when you hit a bumper and the wheel drops it will contact. but like i said it will stop sooner or later


Thats good news I suppose. :D I am probablly going to get new A-arms soon anyway.

_________________
2010 Unlimited Rubicon


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 2:08 am 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:05 am
Posts: 499
Location: AAFB, MD
LIV42DY wrote:
Is it me or that UBJ not seated properly? :o


It was not fully tightened in the pic & lift is nowhere near being settled.

_________________
2010 Unlimited Rubicon


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 2:10 am 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:05 am
Posts: 499
Location: AAFB, MD
jeepskate wrote:
nosnorb_808 wrote:
20 views & no input :?


You might get fewer views but better input with a more specific subject line.


I will take that into consideration for next time. Thank you for pointing that out :D

_________________
2010 Unlimited Rubicon


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 7:30 am 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:59 pm
Posts: 275
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
yup it's normal at first. It'll clear more after driving around a bit.
I still have the stocks a-arms

_________________
2008 KK GREEN
OME HD springs and shocks all around
LT245/75R16 Goodyear Duratracs
Aries 1051 black grille guard


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com