It is currently Sun Sep 27, 2026 10:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: antenna ground plane
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:50 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:29 am
Posts: 5956
Location: Hillsborough, NC / Corolla NC
I recently installed a groundplane on my antenna that I figured I'd give a try from http://www.cbradiostore.com/servlet/the ... ial/Detail

I was skeptical of it but as cheep as it was I figured what the heck

I noticed about a 30% increase with it still all mounted on my roof rail on the passenger side, after mounting to the crossbar i built, it is about 200% better than previously experienced

you can see both the crossrail and the groundplane under the WQD and Wilson Flex-4 on this fabrication thread

http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/vie ... hp?t=43767

_________________
03 Renegade (Black)
177k miles 3.7L gas - 45RFE
Command Trac / 4.10s
Lift: ft. 790+ rr. JBA4+
The last of the TrailReady Front&Rear Bumpers and TR Rock Rails
Jarhead Offroad light covers
31x10.5R15 RedLetter Grabbers on Blackrock Dunes
L.O.S.T #KD098632


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com