It is currently Fri Oct 09, 2026 10:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Would you like to see some parts for your CRD?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:29 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 5:09 pm
Posts: 8
Location: Earth
What I am looking at is some go fast goodies for your CRD.

Upgraded stock turbo (new compressor wheel with clipped turbine side to balance the pressure ratio)
Intake to turbo inlet
Exhaust
????

What would you like to see? Admin let me know if this is OK to run or if I need to be a vendor on the site in order to make a post like this. Thanks.

_________________
Call us for any needs, thanks.
253-277-3843


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:55 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict

Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2006 1:54 am
Posts: 1064
Location: WI
I would like to see my trans lock in overdrive at 50mph without grenading. I would like to see the engine lug instead of running like a two-stroke Detroit all day. I don't need any go-fast stuff, it's plenty fast. More mpg is what I want. No one has done that yet.

_________________
2005 sport crd-SOLD No regrets


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:32 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict

Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:42 am
Posts: 2122
Location: Fort Collins, CO
I think the MAF to turbo inlet hose could be improved on. I remember thinking the stock one looked kind of pinched and contorted.

_________________
05CRD: GDE Hot ECU & TCM tunes, Provent, Cat filter, Facet lift pump, TransGo kit, Florida TC, Samcos, stainless brake lines, HDS thermostat, Renegade light bar,
Bilstein adjustables, Al's Gen 4.5 Arms, 235/85-16 Duratracs, DTT rear, Elocker front, EVIC+TPMS, Turbo timer, McNally pillar gauges, Weeks Stage II kit.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:52 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:54 am
Posts: 46
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada
I want to see a bigger turbo replacement, so when my turbo grenades I can scrap all that vacuum controlled pitch crap.

_________________
2006 Jeep Liberty Limited CRD - DRL's activated, Moab wheels and 215/85/16 Goodyear Duratracs, Frankenlifted, Cummins Lift pump, Magnaflow 2.5" all the way back, no cat , suncoast, Viper command start, Valentine One.
1967 Jeep M725 - a real cream puff


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:54 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:03 pm
Posts: 1866
Location: Houston, TX
CATCRD wrote:
I think the MAF to turbo inlet hose could be improved on. I remember thinking the stock one looked kind of pinched and contorted.


x2. Maybe a mandrel-bent stainless steel intake?

_________________
In this war of lines, so many have been crossed. Where will it all stop?

2006 Deep Beryl Green CRD Sport *SOLD 1/22/12*
Provent, V6 Airbox, Fumoto, Samcos, GDE ECO & TCM Tune, Euro JK TC, Magnaflow Catback
245/70/16 Destination A/T's
Boiler's Radiator Skid Plate
Jeepin' By Al 2.5 inch Adjust-A-Strut Lift, JBA Gen 4.5 UCA's (6/5/10)

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:00 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Tue May 29, 2007 2:02 pm
Posts: 307
Location: Fall City, Wa
onthehunt wrote:
I would like to see my trans lock in overdrive at 50mph without grenading. I would like to see the engine lug instead of running like a two-stroke Detroit all day.


I agree completely. I would really like the ability to lug the vehicle more...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:10 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:51 pm
Posts: 6302
Location: Somewhere between Heaven and Hell... But it is really hot here on Earth...
Absolutely. This engine has SO much extra power available that if you aren't towing, there really isn't any reason why the top overdrive can't be the gear you are always in. Even better, would be an upgrade part option that would replace that top gear with a .5 OD ratio to REALLY increase the MPG. Another option, provided the space exists, is a way to fit a Gear Vendors OD unit to the tailhousing of the 545 to add another .78 OD ratio to the mix.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Old-Navy CCV filter
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:52 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:15 pm
Posts: 2733
Location: Atlanta GA
I'd still like to see and Old-Navy CCV filter made for the 2.8 VM engine. It's such a simple idea and works well in TDIs. I like my provent, but I'd love to get rid of all the extra plumbing.

Dan

_________________
Image
2005 Silver CRD Limited :JEEPIN:
245/75R16 GoodYear Duratracs
Fumoto drain | ProVent CCV Filter
Stanadyne FM100 filter | Cummins fuel pump
GDE Eco | SEGR | BoulderBars | FrankenLift | Frankenskids


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Old-Navy CCV filter
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:41 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:03 pm
Posts: 1866
Location: Houston, TX
dgeist wrote:
I'd still like to see and Old-Navy CCV filter made for the 2.8 VM engine. It's such a simple idea and works well in TDIs. I like my provent, but I'd love to get rid of all the extra plumbing.

Dan


How come oldnavy wasn't able to produce one for the VM? When I clicked his link in one of the threads in the tech section, it went to a dead site.

_________________
In this war of lines, so many have been crossed. Where will it all stop?

2006 Deep Beryl Green CRD Sport *SOLD 1/22/12*
Provent, V6 Airbox, Fumoto, Samcos, GDE ECO & TCM Tune, Euro JK TC, Magnaflow Catback
245/70/16 Destination A/T's
Boiler's Radiator Skid Plate
Jeepin' By Al 2.5 inch Adjust-A-Strut Lift, JBA Gen 4.5 UCA's (6/5/10)

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Old-Navy CCV filter
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:53 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:51 pm
Posts: 151
Location: Palm City, FL
linewarbr wrote:
How come oldnavy wasn't able to produce one for the VM? When I clicked his link in one of the threads in the tech section, it went to a dead site.


If you want to contact the shop that made them for ON here is their info:

Young's Design and Manufacturing
518 Old Highway B
Poplar Bluff, MO 63901
573 778 9200

_________________
2005 CRD rolled August 2009


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:09 am 
Offline
Oilburner
Oilburner
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:54 am
Posts: 2788
Location: Barcelona Spain
OP...make the CAC hose pipe stuff first....lets take it from there, ok?

If all works out well you build up a good reputation and can fab up/ sell more stuff for our CRD's.

For now....not to many people will hand $1000(?) to a perfect stranger for a tuned turbo.

_________________
Cherokee 2,5 CRD: sold - Wrangler TJ 2.5: gone - Touareg V10 TDI: new toy

Solo Liberty en Español: Jeepliberty.es


Last edited by tonycrd on Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:28 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:17 pm
Posts: 1334
Location: Cle Elum, Washington
Id sure like to see a Six speed manual transmission kit so I could dump this auto!!!
Big down pipe.
Bigger intercooler.
High performance injectors.

Etc etc etc.

All the stuff available for TDI's and diesel trucks.

_________________
2006 KJ CRD Ltd - Suncoast, GDE Eco, EGR Delete, After market T-Stat, Skid Row skids, V6 airbox, 2.5" Turbo back
2005 KJ CRD Sport-Suncoast, Transco, GDE Hot-GDE Trans, EGR Delete, Skid Row skids, V6 airbox, 2.5" Turbo back, After market S-Stat
1987 Suzuki LWB Samurai -diesel powered, custom 4 link coil suspension 38.5 SX Swampers


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:24 am 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:26 am
Posts: 254
Location: Bethesda, MD
yeah im waiting on the intercooler pipes first. need to workmanship before anything else.
You can get a 6 speed from over seas

_________________
2005 Liberty CRD
235/75R16 Firestone Destination's, Fumoto Valve
Boiler's Aluminum Roof Rack


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Six speed is too weak for 2.8L used in the auto
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:54 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:49 pm
Posts: 3554
Location: Aurora, IL
CRD Joe wrote:
Id sure like to see a Six speed manual transmission kit so I could dump this auto!!!
Big down pipe.
Bigger intercooler.
High performance injectors.

Etc etc etc.

All the stuff available for TDI's and diesel trucks.


According to Mr Mopar or Danoid, the KJ 6 speed can't handle the torque. Of Course there is nothing stopping some one from fitting a stronger manual behind the engine, but it will not be a bolt on fit. The other problem would be the ECM will need to be replaced and chip tuned to revive the torque lost to prevent trashing the factory 6 speed.

Another case where Bean Counters destroyed the creativity of the Engineers and Technicians.

_________________
2006 Pearl Green CRD
Magnaflow 2 1/2" Cat Back
KJ Extra Leg Room Brackets, Carter Lift Pump, V6 Airbox, ORM
Fuel cooler, Oil Separator, Progard 7
Gauges EGT Boost Trans Temp Oil Pres, Michelin LXT AT2 245 70 R16
7,000# Draw Tight hitch, PML EX Deep Trans Pan
Centrifuge, SunCoast, Transgo, RAM TCM, InMotion Stage 2
Wife's 99 TDI VW Beetle


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:02 pm 
Offline
Oilburner
Oilburner
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:54 am
Posts: 2788
Location: Barcelona Spain
tonycrd wrote:
OP...make the CAC hose pipe stuff first....lets take it from there, ok?

If all works out well you build up a good reputation and can fab up/ sell more stuff for our CRD's.

For now....not to many people will hand $1000(?) to a perfect stranger for a tuned turbo.


BTW: you took into considaration eliminating the boost sensor? Overboost makes it go into 'limp home mode'...

_________________
Cherokee 2,5 CRD: sold - Wrangler TJ 2.5: gone - Touareg V10 TDI: new toy

Solo Liberty en Español: Jeepliberty.es


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:25 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:25 pm
Posts: 1306
Location: Colorado USA
tonycrd wrote:
tonycrd wrote:
OP...make the CAC hose pipe stuff first....lets take it from there, ok?

If all works out well you build up a good reputation and can fab up/ sell more stuff for our CRD's.

For now....not to many people will hand $1000(?) to a perfect stranger for a tuned turbo.


BTW: you took into considaration eliminating the boost sensor? Overboost makes it go into 'limp home mode'...
You wouldn't want to eliminate it, you just need to raise the allowable values in the software. Or use a 3 bar unit, and retune.

_________________
'05 Liberty CRD B100, SEGR - SOLD

'01 Beetle TDi B100, EGR delete
'83 Mercedes 240D B100, no EGR

--- SEGR Builder ---


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Old-Navy CCV filter
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:17 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:15 pm
Posts: 2733
Location: Atlanta GA
linewarbr wrote:
dgeist wrote:
I'd still like to see and Old-Navy CCV filter made for the 2.8 VM engine. It's such a simple idea and works well in TDIs. I like my provent, but I'd love to get rid of all the extra plumbing.

Dan


How come oldnavy wasn't able to produce one for the VM? When I clicked his link in one of the threads in the tech section, it went to a dead site.


I think it was a combination of not having a CRD anymore, having issues with the prototyping, and wanting to work with a local fab shop that went a little south. It's still worth doing (IMHO) if there's a decent machine shop to do it. I may speak to an M.E. friend at rugged ridge to see what's involved in a process like that.

_________________
Image
2005 Silver CRD Limited :JEEPIN:
245/75R16 GoodYear Duratracs
Fumoto drain | ProVent CCV Filter
Stanadyne FM100 filter | Cummins fuel pump
GDE Eco | SEGR | BoulderBars | FrankenLift | Frankenskids


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:21 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:51 pm
Posts: 151
Location: Palm City, FL
That shop was sold and the new owners are reportedly still making the units for TDIs.

_________________
2005 CRD rolled August 2009


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:22 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:33 pm
Posts: 1766
Location: Wisconsin Northwoods
I would sure like to have an old fashioned wastegated turbo availible as a drop-in option for when the OE unit goes south. Of course it would require the appropriate alteration to the ECM, etcetra, etcetra. I guess I'm just a little old school about having the fewest possible electronics on the vehicle.

I'm with geordi about a better OD on this little beast also. Most of my driving is unloaded and most of the air/fuel being pumped through the engine is wasted heat. I would like to see an RPM around 1300-1500 at 70MPH, with the ability do easily down shift for steep hills.

_________________
Manure green 2005 CRD sport4x4, GDE Hot tune, Cat Gut, OE skids, Draw tight hitch, Duramax lift pump, 160K on multiple varieties of fuel, XM radio, Escort live with Redline, fog light mod, GPS, Icom IC7000 all band radio call sign KC9QPF, Grabber AT2s on Soft 8s, FIA grill blanket.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:58 pm 
Offline
Oilburner
Oilburner
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:54 am
Posts: 2788
Location: Barcelona Spain
Bit of a waste ..a waste gate.

You now have a variable vane turbo, that picks up much sooner at lower rev's.

That's what I would like to have on my 2.5...

_________________
Cherokee 2,5 CRD: sold - Wrangler TJ 2.5: gone - Touareg V10 TDI: new toy

Solo Liberty en Español: Jeepliberty.es


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com