It is currently Fri Oct 02, 2026 5:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:25 am 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 11, 2006 10:20 am
Posts: 1667
Ok, here is an update.
I tried the back seat bolts, it was impossible to loosen due to tight space (on both sides) and there was a big one holding the center, but my O ring was too small and I was not going to go through with cutting and clamping a new O ring... So I used the spot black lil liberty showed above with a picture, however I did not drill a new hole.
On his picture you can see a little tab right here, basically I used a matching screw and a washer and screwed it down there, it caught something underneath and secured pretty good, and I just cut the clip tab off the trim, the other clips hold it down securely and one clip won't be missed:

I sanded it pretty good until the metal was revealed a little.

Image

_________________
NYC L.O.S.T.# 022174 -
Check out my Image CarDomain


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:53 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:27 pm
Posts: 762
Location: Oklahoma
:D Glad I could be of help.. Sometimes the stupidest little things someone thinks of that in reality shouldn't work.. works.. I'm quite amazed at what I do sometimes :lol: I think it's just that Okieinjunewity :P :lol:

_________________
Past: 95 Dodge Neon 2.0L Stage 4 Turbo (Street Tuner) *Wrecked/Sold*
Present: 05 Jeep Liberty (KJ) 2WD 3.7L, LTT CAI, Weight Reduction, SS Ultra Lights, and many more mods

If I don't stir the pot then no body will and the world would be boring, watch this guy for extreme sarcasm though :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:19 am 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 11, 2006 10:20 am
Posts: 1667
Image

Image

_________________
NYC L.O.S.T.# 022174 -
Check out my Image CarDomain


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:15 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:27 pm
Posts: 762
Location: Oklahoma
Good looking job!! Used Electrical tape too! :lol:

_________________
Past: 95 Dodge Neon 2.0L Stage 4 Turbo (Street Tuner) *Wrecked/Sold*
Present: 05 Jeep Liberty (KJ) 2WD 3.7L, LTT CAI, Weight Reduction, SS Ultra Lights, and many more mods

If I don't stir the pot then no body will and the world would be boring, watch this guy for extreme sarcasm though :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:20 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:38 am
Posts: 1593
Location: Muncie Indiana
hyedipin wrote:
...it caught something underneath...


scary :lol:

_________________
2005 KJ Renegade
Fabrications for sale: Aluminum Roof Rack (See Page 9)
Aluminum Gas Tank Skid -- Radiator Skid -- Front Strut Shims
Coming Soon: Rear Bumpers with lots of options


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:36 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:27 pm
Posts: 762
Location: Oklahoma
Nothing's too scary for a Jeep! :P

_________________
Past: 95 Dodge Neon 2.0L Stage 4 Turbo (Street Tuner) *Wrecked/Sold*
Present: 05 Jeep Liberty (KJ) 2WD 3.7L, LTT CAI, Weight Reduction, SS Ultra Lights, and many more mods

If I don't stir the pot then no body will and the world would be boring, watch this guy for extreme sarcasm though :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:59 am 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 11, 2006 10:20 am
Posts: 1667
Boiler wrote:
hyedipin wrote:
...it caught something underneath...


scary :lol:


If you peek through the gap that holds the clips, you can see there is a tiny metal piece, I don't know what it is, but the screw I used was not too long at all, so I could not have punctured anything... but I did smell some gas and saw greenish fluid on the garage floor, I thought nothing of it.. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

_________________
NYC L.O.S.T.# 022174 -
Check out my Image CarDomain


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:53 am 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 5:25 am
Posts: 2019
Location: El Paso TX/Friedrichsdorf DE
I went behind the DS tail light where there are several ground points. I used this to ground my 2GA ground which is about 18" long. You need maximum grounding surface as possible, remeber you can always paint over the terminal after you have tightened everything down. if you want to right them paint with zinc paint wait till it is dry and them follow up with under body coating to prevent any possible metal to metal contact with later installs. A little over kill is good, too much is not. Plan it out and follow your plan, do it right the first time. I am not a fan of taping anything unless it is wire harnesses to keep it neat and tidy. We always use cloth tape as it sticks better and allows the cables to flex. It is also what the OEM cable makers use.

_________________
No longer a CRD or Jeep owner. Selling everything I have, needs to go as I need the room for a project.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com