It is currently Fri Oct 02, 2026 12:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:13 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:39 am
Posts: 996
Location: Halifax. Nova Scotia
just want to add a update to this. I got pissed off with the mag roof mount falling off so I attached it to a cross bar I built, which then caused my 2' wilson to snap in 2 with a garage door. I'm gonna get a 4' wilson on a spring mount and find a new location for it near the rear next month.

_________________
02 KJ "Frank The Turtle"
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3111598


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:01 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 12:17 pm
Posts: 94
Location: Northern Virginia
ObiHann wrote:
just want to add a update to this. I got pissed off with the mag roof mount falling off so I attached it to a cross bar I built, which then caused my 2' wilson to snap in 2 with a garage door. I'm gonna get a 4' wilson on a spring mount and find a new location for it near the rear next month.


Just bought mine and i think im going to mount my 3' in the rear door jamb on the right with a Firestick door edge swivel mount. the antenna is the easy part, hard part is the dang CB :(

_________________
04 kj sport
New:
Grille and side paint
tow hooks & strap
CB
Mud
Upcoming:
1. tires and lift
2. armor!
3. rack and lights
4. other mods to fit my style.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:54 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:39 am
Posts: 996
Location: Halifax. Nova Scotia
TruLiberty wrote:
ObiHann wrote:
just want to add a update to this. I got pissed off with the mag roof mount falling off so I attached it to a cross bar I built, which then caused my 2' wilson to snap in 2 with a garage door. I'm gonna get a 4' wilson on a spring mount and find a new location for it near the rear next month.


Just bought mine and i think im going to mount my 3' in the rear door jamb on the right with a Firestick door edge swivel mount. the antenna is the easy part, hard part is the dang CB :(


The CB is pretty easy, what part do you find hard? I mounted it to the right of the console and it has been solid ever since, and the wiring was just hooking to a ground post and then using a add-a-fuse. I would stay away from a 3' firestick, ive read a lot of bad things about them, most people I talk to swear by the 2' or the 4' but have had nothing but failure with the 3'. I'm sure some foalks will chime in with a different opinion now haha.

_________________
02 KJ "Frank The Turtle"
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3111598


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:43 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:29 am
Posts: 5956
Location: Hillsborough, NC / Corolla NC
ya not going to hit anything with a 4 foot antenna mounted on the back, i got a 4 foot flex-4 on my roof smack tree limbs and what not goin down the road and still talkin DX to california :)

_________________
03 Renegade (Black)
177k miles 3.7L gas - 45RFE
Command Trac / 4.10s
Lift: ft. 790+ rr. JBA4+
The last of the TrailReady Front&Rear Bumpers and TR Rock Rails
Jarhead Offroad light covers
31x10.5R15 RedLetter Grabbers on Blackrock Dunes
L.O.S.T #KD098632


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:30 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:39 am
Posts: 996
Location: Halifax. Nova Scotia
JeepinJarhead03 wrote:
ya not going to hit anything with a 4 foot antenna mounted on the back, i got a 4 foot flex-4 on my roof smack tree limbs and what not goin down the road and still talkin DX to california :)


Well I still hit stuff, low trees, and plenty in parking garages, but not enough to annoy me. What does piss me off is something I didn't think out enough. I mounted my 4' antenna on a heavy duty spring and installed it behind my spare tire, it looks awesome BUT the spare tire limits the flex and makes my spring useless! This is a big risk of breaking my antenna, so I'm hoping I find a better solution one of these days. I'm gonna chance it, and if it breaks, I will find a new place, but for now, I'm just waiting to see what happens.

_________________
02 KJ "Frank The Turtle"
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3111598


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com