It is currently Fri Oct 02, 2026 12:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Daystar ComfortRide 2.5"
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:26 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:33 pm
Posts: 54
Location: Nor-Cal
I have a stock 2004 Sport and I am looking to add the Daystar ComfortRide 2.5" leveling kit. Does anyone have any experience with this kit, if so is it worth doing this?

I don't off-road enough to justify a suspension lift. The 3-4 time I do go a year I wish I had a bit more ground clearance. From DayStar's website this seems like the perfect fit for me but can't find any reviews on it.

Comfortride.
http://www.daystarweb.com/productlisting.php?selMake=Jeep&selModel=KJ+Liberty&selYear=2004&txtPartNo=&search.x=7&search.y=7

Thanks!

_________________
04 Silver Sport


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:36 pm 
Offline
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:49 pm
Posts: 27226
Location: NOW Southeastern Ohio/ Tanzania
First how many miles do you have on it. 04 is 5 years old so the springs are already sagging and if you have over 30,000/35,000 miles your springs and shocks need replaced anyways.

Its not about not doing a lot of off roading its about upgrading your suspension to ride and handle better then stock. I like it when people say I don't off road enough to justify a full spring kit, you drive it everyday don't you?

You have to tear the front and rear apart anyways, You should at least replace the shocks all around right? So for the price of two more springs over the cost of the daystar you have a full brand new suspension set up which will ride way better than stock

Sermon over for the day

Rev. Mudd :arrow:

_________________
MUDD'S MOTORSPORT'S We do IFS lift installs ,
03 OVERLAND EDITION /Kilby-Skidrow-Mopar-4XGuard skids/ 2.5 inch TOTAL CONTROL JBA coilovers -JBA Arms/MOABS-31 FALKEN WILDPEAK AT3W / 4.10's etc, 04 Kilimanjaro Edition loaded, plus 05 KJ limited


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:38 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:49 pm
Posts: 210
Location: Cedar Springs, MI
Here's a write up about the kit you're referring to.

http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=26190

_________________
2004 Liberty - 2009 JKU


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:44 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:33 pm
Posts: 54
Location: Nor-Cal
Thanks for the advice. I didn't think about the day-to-day driving and the overall ride handling - good point! I just hit 38k miles which I was thinking none of that needs to be replaced, but the handling is horrible and when I go over say, speed bumps there's a loud klak coming from the rear and I can't figure it out.

Thanks for the word of the wise - much appreciated.

_________________
04 Silver Sport


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:00 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:33 pm
Posts: 54
Location: Nor-Cal
Thanks, Geojeeper. I was doing a search in this forum.

_________________
04 Silver Sport


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:25 pm 
Offline
JACKRABBIT
JACKRABBIT

Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:26 pm
Posts: 3970
Location: Phoenix, AZ
lj0913 wrote:
Thanks, Geojeeper. I was doing a search in this forum.


i have had the daystar for 5 months nd im switching over to the frankenlift because of sagging

_________________
Steve
2018 RAM 1500 Rebel
2003 KJ
Mods:Exterior: Frankenlift + 2 extra rear iso, JBA UCAs, ARB Bumper w/XRC8, Safari Snorkel, 265/75/16 AT, Mopar Skids, Boulderbars, RL Gecko Sport Rack
Interior: Infinity Reference speakers, 12" Alpine Type R Sub, Alpine radio, Gauge Pods (Oil, Volts), Cobra Cb, All J Interior Rack


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:04 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:13 pm
Posts: 243
Location: Yuma, AZ
Tommudd is right. I replaced my stock springs with about 10,000 miles on the odo. The difference on the street was incredible, especially over speed bumps and drainage dips. If you are doing the shocks and struts too, the cost difference between the spacer lift and the springs is quite small. You defenitely won't regret it.

_________________
2007 KJ Limited 4x4

29G, Tow pkg, full skids, bun warmers, moon roof
Amsoil Air Filter, CB, custom cargo box
OME / Rancho Lift / Rockcrusher rear Diff Cover / Super Skink Sliders (not installed yet)
245/75R16 GY MT/R's with Crager 16 x 8 x 5" BS wheels
L.O.S.T. # 005465


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com