STINGN wrote:
Tom, if you want me to help install this, I will be more than happy too

I'll probably go with these.
Alpine SPR-17C 6-3/4" 2-way car speakers (pair)
hybrid layered-pulp woofer with rubber surround
1" swiveling silk ring-dome tweeter
power range: 2-100 watts RMS (300 watts peak power)
frequency response: 65-27,000 Hz
sensitivity: 87 dB
top-mount depth: 2-1/2"
$85 a pair (EBay new) 2 pair.
I searched the whole forum for the specs on the factory stereo
to no avail. I looked for what power output the HU put out.
These will handle 2-100 watts RMS (300 watts peak power).
The POLK AUDIO DB651S will handle 6-55 watts RMS (165 watts peak power).
I can get those for $65 a pair (EBay new) 2 pair.
Not sure which are better quality, can only go by the old adage
"You get what you pay for".
But do I need to spend the extra $40?
Again, anyone feel free to chime in opinions between now and Mon/Tues.
Need to decide by then to get them for the 29th.
Just saw this:
STINGN wrote:
he has the fancy liberty with the but warmers and steering buttons, and so he has to keep the stock head unit.
That's me, Mr. Fancypants.

_________________
Tom (& Cody, that's my dog)
02 Black KJ LTD, 6/01
lots of stuff...can always use more


Previous: 95ZJ 92XJ 90XJ 80CJ5