It is currently Fri Oct 02, 2026 6:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: 2007 factory fog lights: Question on replacment
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:29 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:07 pm
Posts: 81
Location: Concord, NH
Hi Guys,

One of my factory fog lights just went out in my 2007 limited kj. My dad said I should just go to a garage and have them replace it...But I just can't justify that.

Am I right to assume that I have to take off my front grille to replace the fog light? And does anyone have a guide to replace it? Pictures would be nice.

Thanks,

-Chris

_________________
-- I like to ask questions --

--Not all are smart questions --


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:29 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:33 am
Posts: 425
Location: British Columbia
If the fog light bulb just burned out, then you replace the bulb. I think it is a 9045. Any auto parts store will stock it. If the foglight itself is damaged / broken, then that will have to be repaired or replaced.

_________________
2006 KJ Sport, Dark Khaki, 3.7 Litre
NSG370 6 Speed Manual Transmission | NP241J Command Trac HD Part Time 4wd | 3.55s | 245/70R16 Firestone Destination A/Ts | Mopar Tow Hooks & Skids | Powerslot Brake Rotors | ARB Rear Differential Cover


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:59 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:57 am
Posts: 251
Location: Raleigh, NC
yea you need to pull the grill off then there is a few screws to remove the housing to get to the socket. open the hood, the grill is a snap on style with four or five clips. pull them up then the grill is out exposing the screws. it takes litteraly 2 minutes to replace.

_________________
L.O.S.T.#85291
Silver '05 KJ Sport 2wd
LSD
Rusty's 2.5" Lift
245-75-16 Goodyear Wrangler DuraTracs
16x8 Soft 8 Rims
K&N Drop In
Magnaflow Exhaust
Beretta Cougar .357SIG
Taurus Mil Pro 9mm


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:37 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:33 am
Posts: 425
Location: British Columbia
Just to clarify my post, replacing a burned out bulb is done from inside the engine compartment. The bulb is on a twist fitting. Twist out, make sure you keep track of the blue "spacer", replace bulb and re-insert the twist fitting.

To replace a damaged foglight lens or housing you have to remove the grill.

_________________
2006 KJ Sport, Dark Khaki, 3.7 Litre
NSG370 6 Speed Manual Transmission | NP241J Command Trac HD Part Time 4wd | 3.55s | 245/70R16 Firestone Destination A/Ts | Mopar Tow Hooks & Skids | Powerslot Brake Rotors | ARB Rear Differential Cover


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:08 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:07 pm
Posts: 81
Location: Concord, NH
Granted I'm still a beginer when it comes to vehicles...But you guys make it seem so easy. I see 6 clips that are part of the Chrome Grille. I Can't easily budge the grille...And I don't really want to pull to hard and snap it. It feels like its being held in the middle of the grille to something...

Can I get some more help, sorry to be a pain but Im not having such an easy time with getting it out without brute force.

Thanks.

_________________
-- I like to ask questions --

--Not all are smart questions --


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:39 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:57 am
Posts: 251
Location: Raleigh, NC
Pm me ur email and I'll email some pics. Can't post them to the board from my phone.

_________________
L.O.S.T.#85291
Silver '05 KJ Sport 2wd
LSD
Rusty's 2.5" Lift
245-75-16 Goodyear Wrangler DuraTracs
16x8 Soft 8 Rims
K&N Drop In
Magnaflow Exhaust
Beretta Cougar .357SIG
Taurus Mil Pro 9mm


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:18 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:07 pm
Posts: 81
Location: Concord, NH
Thanks will do

_________________
-- I like to ask questions --

--Not all are smart questions --


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com