It is currently Wed Oct 07, 2026 5:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Mopar Remote Start Kit?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:10 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:27 pm
Posts: 762
Location: Oklahoma
First, I have a 2WD and no remote start... I would like remote start especially in the wintery months it would be nice, yes.. :P

Second, how hard would it be to put this kit in? It comes with everything to put it in and would you recommend it?

_________________
Past: 95 Dodge Neon 2.0L Stage 4 Turbo (Street Tuner) *Wrecked/Sold*
Present: 05 Jeep Liberty (KJ) 2WD 3.7L, LTT CAI, Weight Reduction, SS Ultra Lights, and many more mods

If I don't stir the pot then no body will and the world would be boring, watch this guy for extreme sarcasm though :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:11 am 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 5:47 pm
Posts: 16
Location: tucson, AZ
the wiring isnt too difficult as long as you have past experience doing wiring like this, it is something totally different than installing a stereo, ive never installed a Mopar R/S but ive done hundreds of the vipers, but the end result should be the same, youll have to find and tag the running lights wire, the 12+ constant, IGN, Starter will have to be cut in half and wired correctly, and the Tach wire, im sure it comes with a manual on how to program the tach, but it probably wont come with wire locations or colors. as long as you have a good DMM it should be too hard

_________________
98 TJ
4" rough country S lift
32x11.50 BFG ATs
homemade bumpers/rock sliders
CB radio
http://s124.photobucket.com/albums/p2/bubbaedc/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:46 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:24 am
Posts: 48
My vote would be to skip the overpriced Mopar unit and get yourself a DEI 561T (or 561R). Basically the same amount of work, but I think the DEI is better plus it's cheaper.

_________________
Kevin
'07 Jeep Green Sport 4x4
Factory: Select-Trac/"C" Package/Off-Road Package/Tow Package
Add Ons:
Electronics: JVC KD-A805/10" Kappa Perfect/Lanzar Vibe 211, 2006 EVIC, Midland 75-822
Suspension: OME 926/947 w/extra's, 235/75 Toyo Open Country A/T's


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:13 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:14 pm
Posts: 415
Location: Hanover Park, IL
gonna cost you more money, but you get the exact same thing that the dealership would get if you had them do it. Nothing special and only a few wires to splice.

I personally didn't think it was that hard at all, except for getting the wires through the firewall, because of this it too me all day to get this done, granted I was also doing a couple other things at the same time. I installed one on my 07 KJ before I got rid of it and got a KK.

_________________
Bill and the divided Danette

2009 Liberty Sport 4x4
Sky Slider
Factory Tow Package
Super Expensive Gutter Screen Grill Inserts
24" of PPF on the front
Factory skids
AEM intake, Scanguage II
Skink Super Sliders, 3/8" Boiler Shims
Stops here for now....baby here!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:00 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:26 pm
Posts: 1325
Location: Casper, Wyoming
I just got a Bulldog R/S kit for my birthday. Never installed anything like this so I have a couple questions, also. Do I need the security bypass module? Will I have to hide a 2nd transponder key in the KJ? Thanks.

_________________
Ron


"There are few problems in life the liberal application of duct tape can't solve."


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com