It is currently Sat Oct 03, 2026 6:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: $169 marked down to $139 for lifetime alignment at Firestone
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:29 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:54 am
Posts: 5827
Location: 7,000 feet, Zuni Mountains, New Mexico
I was told that Firestone is having a special on their lifetime alignment, so I took the XJ down to get it done. I now have a lifetime alignment on both the KJ and XJ. This is a good time to get it done for those of you who have been putting it off. :wink: I assume this is nationwide "special", but I could be wrong...... You better call first. :lol: :lol:

_________________
2015 Ram Ecodiesel/Big Horn/4x4/Quad Cab
2016 Arctic Fox 22G/Onboard 2500 LP Cummins Onan Generator/160 Watt Solar Panel

I took the road less traveled. Now I'm LOST.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:38 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:38 am
Posts: 1593
Location: Muncie Indiana
The nearest one to me is about 1 hr away. There is one about an hour away in about six different directions...

:(

_________________
2005 KJ Renegade
Fabrications for sale: Aluminum Roof Rack (See Page 9)
Aluminum Gas Tank Skid -- Radiator Skid -- Front Strut Shims
Coming Soon: Rear Bumpers with lots of options


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:53 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:38 pm
Posts: 12988
Location: Colorado Springs
That's odd,the store I work at offers the lifetime alignment option for $140 all the time(same goes for every store here in the springs),last month we had it on sale for $110.I paid $50 for mine 8) ,gotta love that employee discount.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:02 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:54 am
Posts: 5827
Location: 7,000 feet, Zuni Mountains, New Mexico
tjkj2002 wrote:
That's odd,the store I work at offers the lifetime alignment option for $140 all the time(same goes for every store here in the springs),last month we had it on sale for $110.I paid $50 for mine 8) ,gotta love that employee discount.


Troy, I went back and looked at how much I paid for the alignment in Colorado Springs and I paid $149. So I guess the prices do vary..... :oops: The Firestone in Sheridan, Wyoming had it posted as $169 on their normal service board up on the wall. :?

_________________
2015 Ram Ecodiesel/Big Horn/4x4/Quad Cab
2016 Arctic Fox 22G/Onboard 2500 LP Cummins Onan Generator/160 Watt Solar Panel

I took the road less traveled. Now I'm LOST.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:55 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:32 pm
Posts: 1839
Location: Lost in Illinois
tjkj2002 wrote:
I paid $50 for mine 8) ,gotta love that employee discount.

You actually have to pay for a alignment? :?

_________________
2004 TJ Rubicon.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:05 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:38 pm
Posts: 12988
Location: Colorado Springs
oddball wrote:
tjkj2002 wrote:
I paid $50 for mine 8) ,gotta love that employee discount.

You actually have to pay for a alignment? :?
Well yeah.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:38 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:32 pm
Posts: 1839
Location: Lost in Illinois
tjkj2002 wrote:
oddball wrote:
tjkj2002 wrote:
I paid $50 for mine 8) ,gotta love that employee discount.

You actually have to pay for a alignment? :?
Well yeah.

Are you a mechanic? If so, I find that odd you have to pay.

I have a friend who owns a Tuffy Auto Center. Out of curiosity, I'm going to ask him if he makes his guys pay to do their own wheel alignments.

Regardless, I also know a guy who manages a branch of a large (midwest) wholesale auto parts company, and he often sells me parts at his cost. Example, I got a oem direct replacement radiator for $85.00 so I sort-of know what you mean when it comes to employee discounts. Matter of fact, I've decided to replace my Flowmaster OR 44 muffler with a Dynomax cat-back system. His cost (he'll sell to me) = $199.00 8)

_________________
2004 TJ Rubicon.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:44 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:54 am
Posts: 5827
Location: 7,000 feet, Zuni Mountains, New Mexico
oddball wrote:
Matter of fact, I've decided to replace my Flowmaster OR 44 muffler with a Dynomax cat-back system.


Not to get too far off topic, but how do you like your Dynomax cat-back system? I thought about getting one for my XJ because it's not too loud.

_________________
2015 Ram Ecodiesel/Big Horn/4x4/Quad Cab
2016 Arctic Fox 22G/Onboard 2500 LP Cummins Onan Generator/160 Watt Solar Panel

I took the road less traveled. Now I'm LOST.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:48 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:32 pm
Posts: 1839
Location: Lost in Illinois
I haven't replaced my exhaust system yet. I'n still running the Flowmaster 44 muffler (with a short down-turn) tail pipe. I do know some guys who have Dynomax systems on various vehicles (pick-up trucks) and they are very happy.

_________________
2004 TJ Rubicon.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:55 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:38 pm
Posts: 12988
Location: Colorado Springs
oddball wrote:
tjkj2002 wrote:
oddball wrote:
tjkj2002 wrote:
I paid $50 for mine 8) ,gotta love that employee discount.

You actually have to pay for a alignment? :?
Well yeah.

Are you a mechanic? If so, I find that odd you have to pay.

I have a friend who owns a Tuffy Auto Center. Out of curiosity, I'm going to ask him if he makes his guys pay to do their own wheel alignments.

Regardless, I also know a guy who manages a branch of a large (midwest) wholesale auto parts company, and he often sells me parts at his cost. Example, I got a oem direct replacement radiator for $85.00 so I sort-of know what you mean when it comes to employee discounts. Matter of fact, I've decided to replace my Flowmaster OR 44 muffler with a Dynomax cat-back system. His cost (he'll sell to me) = $199.00 8)
Yeah I'm a technician,every shop I've worked at the employee's had to pay for work and parts,discounted of course but still had to pay.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:06 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:17 pm
Posts: 96
Location: clinton twp MI
every shop i worked at was free, i used to like the a/c rechagres.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com