It is currently Thu Oct 08, 2026 6:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: How often do you guys/girls grease your JBA GEN. 4.5 A-Arms?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:35 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:54 am
Posts: 5827
Location: 7,000 feet, Zuni Mountains, New Mexico
How often do you guys/girls grease your JBA GEN. 4.5 ball joints? I just made 4 pumps on each side until I could see it swell. The 5th pump probably would have broke the seal. It’s been about 11 months and 5,000 miles since my last lube job.

_________________
2015 Ram Ecodiesel/Big Horn/4x4/Quad Cab
2016 Arctic Fox 22G/Onboard 2500 LP Cummins Onan Generator/160 Watt Solar Panel

I took the road less traveled. Now I'm LOST.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:53 am 
Offline
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:49 pm
Posts: 27226
Location: NOW Southeastern Ohio/ Tanzania
I give them some every oil change , plus every time I have it tore apart for "testing" so not sure, avg every 3000 miles
I also do it before a long trip and know that I maybe going through water , ( do the ujoints, front upper and lower, muffler bearings)

_________________
MUDD'S MOTORSPORT'S We do IFS lift installs ,
03 OVERLAND EDITION /Kilby-Skidrow-Mopar-4XGuard skids/ 2.5 inch TOTAL CONTROL JBA coilovers -JBA Arms/MOABS-31 FALKEN WILDPEAK AT3W / 4.10's etc, 04 Kilimanjaro Edition loaded, plus 05 KJ limited


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:28 am 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:28 am
Posts: 10686
Location: Some where in Colorado
Every oil change or tear down :roll:

_________________
2008 KK Liberty Sport NIGHT OPS EDITION + GILLS
OEM & Custom Skids - Factory Tow Package - Rock Lizard Skink Super Sliders
Prototype JBA 4 Inch Lift - JBA UCA's - Flowmaster Super 44 OR - Whacked Resonator
Jet Stage 2 - RL Gecko Basket Rack - Custom Winch Bumper - Recon 10.5K Winch
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:53 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 9:19 pm
Posts: 4129
Location: Saint Augustine, FL
tommudd wrote:
I give them some every oil change , plus every time I have it tore apart for "testing" so not sure, avg every 3000 miles
I also do it before a long trip and know that I maybe going through water , ( do the ujoints, front upper and lower, muffler bearings)


I haven't heard about them muffler bearings in a long time! :lol: You do have to keep an eye on those little rascals!

Terry

_________________
Image2011 Ford F-150 XLT 4X4


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com