It is currently Sat Oct 03, 2026 6:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

MPG
12 mpg 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
13 mpg 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
14 mpg 9%  9%  [ 5 ]
15 mpg 16%  16%  [ 9 ]
16 mpg 10%  10%  [ 6 ]
17 mpg 17%  17%  [ 10 ]
18 mpg 16%  16%  [ 9 ]
19 mpg 12%  12%  [ 7 ]
20 mpg 9%  9%  [ 5 ]
21 mpg 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
22 mpg 3%  3%  [ 2 ]
23 mpg 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
24 mpg 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
25 mpg 5%  5%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 58
Author Message
 Post subject: MPG
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:30 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:24 pm
Posts: 628
Location: Burbank, CA
I know this must be somewhere, but could not find it.

What is everyone getting for mpg?

My average since I got my liberty is 17 mpg.
Los Angeles Area
Tow in summers a few times.
Don't use cruise control.
Cruise on the freeway about 70-75
Drive on highway and streets about the same maybe more highway say 60%
I like to floor it on starts from time to time.
Best mpg 20.1 mpg and worse 14.7 mpg why not sure? 20.1 mpg freeway.

_________________
LIFTED 2008 Liberty Sport 4x4 - Automatic - Select Trac - Skid Plates - Tow Package - Sirius Radio - Popular Group Package
4" JBA Lift v2.1 with 265/75r16, a Dual Band 144 / 440 Mobile Ham Radio with SBB-5 antenna. KD6TAV
PICTURES OF MY RIG
Lifted by JEEPIN BY AL - Get yours by following my link


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MPG
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:40 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:28 am
Posts: 10686
Location: Some where in Colorado
KM2's on steel... 14 to 15 city
KO's on Alumi. 15 to 16 city

_________________
2008 KK Liberty Sport NIGHT OPS EDITION + GILLS
OEM & Custom Skids - Factory Tow Package - Rock Lizard Skink Super Sliders
Prototype JBA 4 Inch Lift - JBA UCA's - Flowmaster Super 44 OR - Whacked Resonator
Jet Stage 2 - RL Gecko Basket Rack - Custom Winch Bumper - Recon 10.5K Winch
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MPG
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:00 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:50 pm
Posts: 610
Location: Stoneham, Massachusetts
Whats the best way to calculate without the EVIC, i usually fill up and drive to half a tank, multiple the tripometer by 2 then divide by 19.5? Any other ideas?

_________________
2008 KK Liberty
Inferno Red
Daystar 2" Spacer Lift With SkyJacker Hydro Shocks
JBA Gen 5.5 Upper Control Arms
Rokmen Riddler 8.25 Differential Cover
2 KC Slimlite 100 Watt Driving Lights on JK Light Bar
245/75/16 All Terrains
Mopar Front Tow Hooks
Mopar Rear Tow Hook
Mopar Skids


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MPG
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:02 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:59 pm
Posts: 2127
Location: Navarre FL
i usually get about 16.5 mpg, ive bought an intake and a jet chip to hopefully help. best way to figure is start with a full take and reset your trip. run it down and fill it back up. divide number of miles on the trip by how many gallons it took to fill.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MPG
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:21 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:38 pm
Posts: 12988
Location: Colorado Springs
If you have larger then stock tires your trip/odo will be off.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MPG
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:09 am 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:24 pm
Posts: 628
Location: Burbank, CA
DirtyKK wrote:
i usually get about 16.5 mpg, ive bought an intake and a jet chip to hopefully help. best way to figure is start with a full take and reset your trip. run it down and fill it back up. divide number of miles on the trip by how many gallons it took to fill.


Yeah what he said. I write down my mileage and the amount of gallons each time a fill up. I fill up the entire tank, I am not sure but I think it does not matter, but not going to figure it out right now. So I have about 21k on my liberty KK and recored all the times I filled up and get 17 mpg I wish it was more like 19, how can I get there? I know the oil thickness makes a difference, but not sure what the dealership uses. Also gas in winter versus summer is different. Also California gas versus Arizona gas is different. Thoughts?

_________________
LIFTED 2008 Liberty Sport 4x4 - Automatic - Select Trac - Skid Plates - Tow Package - Sirius Radio - Popular Group Package
4" JBA Lift v2.1 with 265/75r16, a Dual Band 144 / 440 Mobile Ham Radio with SBB-5 antenna. KD6TAV
PICTURES OF MY RIG
Lifted by JEEPIN BY AL - Get yours by following my link


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MPG
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:34 am 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:29 am
Posts: 12
Location: Sagamore Hills Ohio
I get around 17-18 combined.I only have 3000 miles so expect it to get a little better.I installed a scan gauge about a month ago and I have improved mileage by keeping my foot off the gas.One thing scangauge tells you is to fill up at the same pump to get the true mileage.Makes sense,angle of tank/nozzle auto shut off etc. I have noticed that the cold weather (12-15 F here) can make a difference of -1 to -2 mpg. I calculated 20mpg on 1 tankful a couple of weeks ago but it could be that I used a different gas station.

_________________
________
| l ,[____],
l----L[]lllllll[]-
()_)-()_)-o-)_) 2009 KK 4x4 Sport.Rocky Mountain Edition.Inferno Red.Front Tow Hook.HID's Heads and Fogs.Tinted front door glass.Gutter Screen Grille.SS Nerf bars.My-Gig REN with Mopar back up Camera.Self dimming mirror with Homelink.Scangauge2.Garmin GPS.Rear cargo power outlet.Tow hitch.Geolandars.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MPG
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:48 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:37 am
Posts: 235
Location: twinsburg, ohio
Average 20 MPG
Highway - 70 -75 mph - 23 mpg

_________________
2009 Liberty Sport, Black, Polished Aluminum Nerf Bars, Popular Equipment Group, K&N Cold Air Intake, Stage 1 Jet Chip, Magniflow Muffler


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MPG
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:57 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:42 pm
Posts: 57
Location: Whitmore Lake, MI
When I fill up I set the trip to 0. Then the next time I fill up, I divide the miles I've gone by the amount of gas it took to fill the Jeep full. I'm I on high end of 19 (19.5-19.8).

_________________
KK 4x4 auto.- 18mpg
07 Patriot CVT- 30mpg


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MPG
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:45 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie

Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:56 am
Posts: 645
Location: Santa Clara, CA
On freeways we get 20 when driving 75 and under
on streets we get 15.5

Sadly it gets driving on streets 90% of the time

_________________
2008 Liberty Limited 4X4 Command Trac 2
All stock Auto with 235/60/18


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MPG
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:55 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:24 pm
Posts: 628
Location: Burbank, CA
onlyina wrote:
I get around 17-18 combined.I only have 3000 miles so expect it to get a little better.I installed a scan gauge about a month ago and I have improved mileage by keeping my foot off the gas.One thing scangauge tells you is to fill up at the same pump to get the true mileage.Makes sense,angle of tank/nozzle auto shut off etc. I have noticed that the cold weather (12-15 F here) can make a difference of -1 to -2 mpg. I calculated 20mpg on 1 tankful a couple of weeks ago but it could be that I used a different gas station.


That's pretty good. The first few tanks during the break in stage I got 14.5 to 16.6 mpg then after the 3000 miles oil change then started gettting 17-20 mpg

_________________
LIFTED 2008 Liberty Sport 4x4 - Automatic - Select Trac - Skid Plates - Tow Package - Sirius Radio - Popular Group Package
4" JBA Lift v2.1 with 265/75r16, a Dual Band 144 / 440 Mobile Ham Radio with SBB-5 antenna. KD6TAV
PICTURES OF MY RIG
Lifted by JEEPIN BY AL - Get yours by following my link


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MPG
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:56 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:24 pm
Posts: 628
Location: Burbank, CA
tools113 wrote:
Average 20 MPG
Highway - 70 -75 mph - 23 mpg



I wonder if your chip and air filter made the difference? Did you see this 20 mpg after? what was it before?

_________________
LIFTED 2008 Liberty Sport 4x4 - Automatic - Select Trac - Skid Plates - Tow Package - Sirius Radio - Popular Group Package
4" JBA Lift v2.1 with 265/75r16, a Dual Band 144 / 440 Mobile Ham Radio with SBB-5 antenna. KD6TAV
PICTURES OF MY RIG
Lifted by JEEPIN BY AL - Get yours by following my link


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MPG
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:49 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:50 pm
Posts: 610
Location: Stoneham, Massachusetts
So basically, if you have larger than stock tires and dont have the EVIC the only way to calculate mileage would be to get like a code reader or equivelent that tells you MPGs in real time?

_________________
2008 KK Liberty
Inferno Red
Daystar 2" Spacer Lift With SkyJacker Hydro Shocks
JBA Gen 5.5 Upper Control Arms
Rokmen Riddler 8.25 Differential Cover
2 KC Slimlite 100 Watt Driving Lights on JK Light Bar
245/75/16 All Terrains
Mopar Front Tow Hooks
Mopar Rear Tow Hook
Mopar Skids


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MPG
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:21 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:50 pm
Posts: 610
Location: Stoneham, Massachusetts
The average Revs Per Mile for a 245/75/16 is about 684 and for the original 225/75/16 is 708. Would the 245/75 have worse or better MPG based on Revs Per Mile?

_________________
2008 KK Liberty
Inferno Red
Daystar 2" Spacer Lift With SkyJacker Hydro Shocks
JBA Gen 5.5 Upper Control Arms
Rokmen Riddler 8.25 Differential Cover
2 KC Slimlite 100 Watt Driving Lights on JK Light Bar
245/75/16 All Terrains
Mopar Front Tow Hooks
Mopar Rear Tow Hook
Mopar Skids


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MPG
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:24 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:38 pm
Posts: 12988
Location: Colorado Springs
Elt31987 wrote:
So basically, if you have larger than stock tires and dont have the EVIC the only way to calculate mileage would be to get like a code reader or equivelent that tells you MPGs in real time?

Both those and the evics are notoriously incorrect.Use a GPS to track your actual driven miles and divide by how many gallons used is the only way.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MPG
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:44 am 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:57 am
Posts: 496
Location: Monument, Colorado
I've only had my KK about 5 weeks and it has 2,000 miles on it. From what I hear, I should wait a bit longer to get an accurate reading since mileage changes over the first few thousand miles so I'll wait a bit longer before voting in the poll.

So far the mileage has been great compared to the EPA estimate of 15/21. The lowest I have gotten for a tankful is about 19 MPG and the highest is 23. I do a mix of city and highway driving. My EVIC seems a little inconsistent.The first time I checked it against dividing miles driven by gallons used it was right on. The second time it was about 5% lower than the actual MPG. I don't have enough data points to have a firm opinion of it yet.

On one trip to Denver (about 50 miles) my EVIC said I got 27.5 MPG. :shock: I was trying to maximize mileage on that trip but I think that reading had to be high (although it would be great if it was accurate).

_________________
2010 Liberty 4x4 Limited
Trailer Tow Group, Sunroof, Skid Plates

1999 Wrangler Sahara
2" Teraflex lift with flexarms, ARB air lockers Front/Rear, Skid Plates, BFG 31x10.50 ATKOs


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MPG
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:47 am 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:28 am
Posts: 10686
Location: Some where in Colorado
wecwbe wrote:
I've only had my KK about 5 weeks and it has 2,000 miles on it. From what I hear, I should wait a bit longer to get an accurate reading since mileage changes over the first few thousand miles so I'll wait a bit longer before voting in the poll.

So far the mileage has been great compared to the EPA estimate of 15/21. The lowest I have gotten for a tankful is about 19 MPG and the highest is 23. I do a mix of city and highway driving. My EVIC seems a little inconsistent.The first time I checked it against dividing miles driven by gallons used it was right on. The second time it was about 5% lower than the actual MPG. I don't have enough data points to have a firm opinion of it yet.

On one trip to Denver (about 50 miles) my EVIC said I got 27.5 MPG. :shock: I was trying to maximize mileage on that trip but I think that reading had to be high (although it would be great if it was accurate).



Ah, if your motor act like mine, you will notice it free up around 5K

_________________
2008 KK Liberty Sport NIGHT OPS EDITION + GILLS
OEM & Custom Skids - Factory Tow Package - Rock Lizard Skink Super Sliders
Prototype JBA 4 Inch Lift - JBA UCA's - Flowmaster Super 44 OR - Whacked Resonator
Jet Stage 2 - RL Gecko Basket Rack - Custom Winch Bumper - Recon 10.5K Winch
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MPG
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:46 am 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:29 am
Posts: 12
Location: Sagamore Hills Ohio
It seems like the 2010 changes with the fuel saving devices really work!

_________________
________
| l ,[____],
l----L[]lllllll[]-
()_)-()_)-o-)_) 2009 KK 4x4 Sport.Rocky Mountain Edition.Inferno Red.Front Tow Hook.HID's Heads and Fogs.Tinted front door glass.Gutter Screen Grille.SS Nerf bars.My-Gig REN with Mopar back up Camera.Self dimming mirror with Homelink.Scangauge2.Garmin GPS.Rear cargo power outlet.Tow hitch.Geolandars.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MPG
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:57 am 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:59 pm
Posts: 2127
Location: Navarre FL
Elt31987 wrote:
The average Revs Per Mile for a 245/75/16 is about 684 and for the original 225/75/16 is 708. Would the 245/75 have worse or better MPG based on Revs Per Mile?


your mileage would show worse. since your tires are larger you will have driven more miles then your trip would say you had. when you divide with the # of gallons of gas you would be dividing by a lower number then what is accurate. making it seem as if your mileage is actually worse then it is.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MPG
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:23 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:50 pm
Posts: 610
Location: Stoneham, Massachusetts
DirtyKK wrote:
Elt31987 wrote:
The average Revs Per Mile for a 245/75/16 is about 684 and for the original 225/75/16 is 708. Would the 245/75 have worse or better MPG based on Revs Per Mile?


your mileage would show worse. since your tires are larger you will have driven more miles then your trip would say you had. when you divide with the # of gallons of gas you would be dividing by a lower number then what is accurate. making it seem as if your mileage is actually worse then it is.


HMM ill have to try and do the math, my friend said if i divide 708 by 684, then multiply that by the miles my Tripometer says that will give me a more accurate mileage. Any mathmagicians want to comment?

_________________
2008 KK Liberty
Inferno Red
Daystar 2" Spacer Lift With SkyJacker Hydro Shocks
JBA Gen 5.5 Upper Control Arms
Rokmen Riddler 8.25 Differential Cover
2 KC Slimlite 100 Watt Driving Lights on JK Light Bar
245/75/16 All Terrains
Mopar Front Tow Hooks
Mopar Rear Tow Hook
Mopar Skids


Last edited by Elt31987 on Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com