I actually placed a pipefitter a couple of years ago straight out of the Navy. He was a steamfitter on submarines for 6 years, and was honorably discharged about 6 months before he came to see me. He aced our written craft test, and I put him on a turnaround at $26.00/ hr working 7 10's. They liked him so much they kept him on maintenance out at that plant, and I believe he's still there. IIRC he worked as a foreman for them on their last turnaround - probably learned that leadership ability in the Navy, since he was 24 or 25 years old when I hired him.
You learn a lot more than just a trade in the military.
_________________
In this war of lines, so many have been crossed. Where will it all stop?
2006 Deep Beryl Green CRD Sport
*SOLD 1/22/12*Provent, V6 Airbox, Fumoto, Samcos, GDE ECO & TCM Tune, Euro JK TC, Magnaflow Catback
245/70/16 Destination A/T's
Boiler's Radiator Skid PlateJeepin' By Al 2.5 inch Adjust-A-Strut Lift, JBA Gen 4.5 UCA's (6/5/10)
