jeepaddict wrote:
I have a 2005 KJ Renegade 2.8 CRD with 109000kms on the clock. My problem: When the engine is running hot (specially after sitting in traffic jams), and I get to accelerate on open road (simple steady acceleration), the engine will give a 1/2 second hiccup-jerk (only way I can describe it), it's as if it's trying to change down from Drive to 2nd or 1st gear. Very scary, as it is as if the vehicle wants to stop, but doesn't. It will hiccup-jerk violently for about 1/2 sec and then continue. If it is running really hot, it may do this another few times, always and only when accelerating. It never shows this symptom when cold. At first, I used to be worried to see the water temp running close to the red line after being stuck in traffic, but the fan kicks in and the water levels are fine. The 'hiccup' issue is very worrying. Desperate for advice/suggestions.
PS. This is my 4th Jeep - previously owned Grand Cherokees, with not a single problem. This is my 1st diesel and I have had lots of niggly issues. (Recently replaced both inlet and outlet turbo hoses (of course, they blew in the middle of nowhere, within a month of each other, on two separate out of town trips). Didn't know some rubber hoses would be so darn expensive to replace!
Cheers
Could be a number of things including TCM needs reflashed, air in fuel head needs burped, TC might be trying to freeze up. Blead the air out of your fuel system, and if it continues, best to take it in and have it plugged in.