It is currently Fri Oct 02, 2026 12:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Converting Dock Icons to PNG
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:07 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2005 9:42 pm
Posts: 392
Location: NY Mid-Hudson Valley
I'm doing weather forecast for my Mets Paradise game threads this year and the best set of weather icons that I have found so far are these . . . .

Image

. . . . but they seem to come only in OS X Dock file format.

So does anyone know how I can download and convert these to png format?

_________________
Image

'04 Khaki Renegade
L.O.S.T. Northeast #001947
Cold Spring, New York


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Converting Dock Icons to PNG
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:20 am 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:07 am
Posts: 6220
Location: Colorado Baby!
whats the file you are working with?

I have no idea what your trying to do, but you might be able to right click on the file a view package contents, and look for the icon files in there.

_________________
http://www.Colorado4Wheel.com
"Its not about what you can DO with your Jeep, its about where you can GO with your Jeep."
Knowledgeable - But Caustic


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Converting Dock Icons to PNG
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:39 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2005 9:42 pm
Posts: 392
Location: NY Mid-Hudson Valley
File type is *.odock. The file full name is NovaconWeatherIcons.odock

_________________
Image

'04 Khaki Renegade
L.O.S.T. Northeast #001947
Cold Spring, New York


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Converting Dock Icons to PNG
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:06 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:07 am
Posts: 6220
Location: Colorado Baby!
Drucifer wrote:
File type is *.odock. The file full name is NovaconWeatherIcons.odock


Are these the ones you want?
http://colorado4wheel.com/images/misc/N ... therIcons/

_________________
http://www.Colorado4Wheel.com
"Its not about what you can DO with your Jeep, its about where you can GO with your Jeep."
Knowledgeable - But Caustic


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Converting Dock Icons to PNG
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:51 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2005 9:42 pm
Posts: 392
Location: NY Mid-Hudson Valley
Sir Sam wrote:
Drucifer wrote:
File type is *.odock. The file full name is NovaconWeatherIcons.odock


Are these the ones you want?
http://colorado4wheel.com/images/misc/N ... therIcons/
Yes.

I grab 'em. Did notice some numbers were skipped. Wonder if there is another file somewhere.

Now what the hell is an 'odock' file? I spend a large part of the day looking for the program the odock files are for and all I keep finding are 'doc' & 'dock' references.

_________________
Image

'04 Khaki Renegade
L.O.S.T. Northeast #001947
Cold Spring, New York


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Converting Dock Icons to PNG
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:20 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:07 am
Posts: 6220
Location: Colorado Baby!
Drucifer wrote:
Sir Sam wrote:
Drucifer wrote:
File type is *.odock. The file full name is NovaconWeatherIcons.odock


Are these the ones you want?
http://colorado4wheel.com/images/misc/N ... therIcons/
Yes.

I grab 'em. Did notice some numbers were skipped. Wonder if there is another file somewhere.

Now what the hell is an 'odock' file? I spend a large part of the day looking for the program the odock files are for and all I keep finding are 'doc' & 'dock' references.


It would be really helpful if you posted your original file you are working with.

EDIT: I also went back and double checked the file I was working with, I didn't miss any, thats all that came in the file, if a number is missing it wasn't in the file I found online.

_________________
http://www.Colorado4Wheel.com
"Its not about what you can DO with your Jeep, its about where you can GO with your Jeep."
Knowledgeable - But Caustic


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Converting Dock Icons to PNG
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:17 am 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2005 9:42 pm
Posts: 392
Location: NY Mid-Hudson Valley
This is the only place I found the file.

Even its creator doesn't list it on his site.

_________________
Image

'04 Khaki Renegade
L.O.S.T. Northeast #001947
Cold Spring, New York


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Converting Dock Icons to PNG
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:31 am 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:07 am
Posts: 6220
Location: Colorado Baby!
ok yes, thats where I found the file, then thats all the images it contained

_________________
http://www.Colorado4Wheel.com
"Its not about what you can DO with your Jeep, its about where you can GO with your Jeep."
Knowledgeable - But Caustic


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Converting Dock Icons to PNG
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:39 am 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2005 9:42 pm
Posts: 392
Location: NY Mid-Hudson Valley
But what is an 'odock' file?

_________________
Image

'04 Khaki Renegade
L.O.S.T. Northeast #001947
Cold Spring, New York


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Converting Dock Icons to PNG
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:13 am 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:07 am
Posts: 6220
Location: Colorado Baby!
Drucifer wrote:
But what is an 'odock' file?


fancy way to refer to a zip file, OSX does the same thing with with .crd files that are actually .iso's

_________________
http://www.Colorado4Wheel.com
"Its not about what you can DO with your Jeep, its about where you can GO with your Jeep."
Knowledgeable - But Caustic


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Converting Dock Icons to PNG
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:40 am 
Offline
Master of the Blender
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:21 pm
Posts: 2804
Location: Margaritaville
Sir Sam wrote:
Drucifer wrote:
But what is an 'odock' file?


fancy way to refer to a zip file, OSX does the same thing with with .crd files that are actually .iso's

Wow the stuff you learn on this site :)

Just for grins I downloaded the file and changed the extension to .zip, then I was able to extract all the png images into a folder. Nice little tidbit of info to file away for the future ;)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Converting Dock Icons to PNG
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:23 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2005 9:42 pm
Posts: 392
Location: NY Mid-Hudson Valley
corwyyn wrote:
Sir Sam wrote:
Drucifer wrote:
But what is an 'odock' file?


fancy way to refer to a zip file, OSX does the same thing with with .crd files that are actually .iso's

Wow the stuff you learn on this site :)

Just for grins I downloaded the file and changed the extension to .zip, then I was able to extract all the png images into a folder. Nice little tidbit of info to file away for the future ;)
Thanks, there is a lot dock files I kinda breezed over. Now I'm going back for a second look, especially at those folder types.

_________________
Image

'04 Khaki Renegade
L.O.S.T. Northeast #001947
Cold Spring, New York


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com