It is currently Fri Oct 02, 2026 7:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Oh how I wish I had my camara!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:08 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 9:19 pm
Posts: 4129
Location: Saint Augustine, FL
It was a nice warm, sunny day here in Saint Augustine yesterday. So I thought I would take a ride on the beach and look at the bikinis. BTW, there were a LOT of very well stuffed ones to look at!! But at any rate. I came upon a 4X4 Liberty stuck down to it's axles, front and back. So I pulled up beside them to see if they needed some help. It was very obvious they needed a pull. They had their hood up. It was 2 young college students. Well, they were about as smart as the sand they were buried in. They blew their tranny trying to get out of the mess they got them selves in. Rocking back and forth at full throttle. They called a tow truck = $$$$$$$!

Just to rub salt in an open wound when I left them I didn't even spin a tire.

Terry

_________________
Image2011 Ford F-150 XLT 4X4


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Oh how I wish I had my camara!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:17 am 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:55 pm
Posts: 1044
Location: Elgin, IL (Chicago burb)
Did you let them know about us? Sometimes the dumb can be educated.

_________________
Aaron

A vehicle isn't yours till you learn to wrench on it yourself.

2002 Jeep Liberty Sport (Eugene, I am the Passenger, And I ride and I ride.)
1999 Chev Astro 2WD (Green, Daily Driver)
1997 Chev Astro AWD (Grumpy "The Heep", $250 Rally Van, 335k miles, 2" lift, 31" tires)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Oh how I wish I had my camara!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:46 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 9:19 pm
Posts: 4129
Location: Saint Augustine, FL
Yes, I told them about this place. He was interested in a lift kit and front bumper.

Terry

_________________
Image2011 Ford F-150 XLT 4X4


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Oh how I wish I had my camara!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:08 am 
Offline
Banned For Abuse on LostJeeps.com

Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:44 pm
Posts: 1856
Location: Buena Vista, CO
Sounds like he just needed to air down to 15-20 psi.

_________________
2006 Sport CRD

Could the Aztecs have known, that in 2012 after a 4 year experiment, our country would cease to exist?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Oh how I wish I had my camara!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:54 am 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:07 am
Posts: 6220
Location: Colorado Baby!
BVCRD wrote:
Sounds like he just needed to air down to 15-20 psi.


Wait, air down to, doesn't everyone drive like that? :?:

_________________
http://www.Colorado4Wheel.com
"Its not about what you can DO with your Jeep, its about where you can GO with your Jeep."
Knowledgeable - But Caustic


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Oh how I wish I had my camara!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:55 am 
Offline
Banned For Abuse on LostJeeps.com

Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:44 pm
Posts: 1856
Location: Buena Vista, CO
Sir Sam wrote:
BVCRD wrote:
Sounds like he just needed to air down to 15-20 psi.


Wait, air down to, doesn't everyone drive like that? :?:





No! Well, some do that don't regularly check their air pressure.

_________________
2006 Sport CRD

Could the Aztecs have known, that in 2012 after a 4 year experiment, our country would cease to exist?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Oh how I wish I had my camara!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:56 am 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:07 am
Posts: 6220
Location: Colorado Baby!
BVCRD wrote:
Sir Sam wrote:
BVCRD wrote:
Sounds like he just needed to air down to 15-20 psi.


Wait, air down to, doesn't everyone drive like that? :?:





No! Well, some do that don't regularly check their air pressure.


How do I do that?

_________________
http://www.Colorado4Wheel.com
"Its not about what you can DO with your Jeep, its about where you can GO with your Jeep."
Knowledgeable - But Caustic


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Oh how I wish I had my camara!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:27 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:20 pm
Posts: 1881
Location: Orange Park, FL
Oh man, I wish I coulda seen that!! lol.

What beach was it you were driving on?
I thought the only beach down there to drive on was vilano? And thats all sea shells. lol

_________________
'02 Jeep KJ 4x4- Gone
'92 YJ- lift, swampers, bumpers....yeah, its pretty sweet.
*DISCLAIMER*: I can not be held liable for anything I say on the forums or in real life.
I also can not be held liable for any jeep breakage or life problems caused due to my advice being taken.
:D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Oh how I wish I had my camara!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:05 pm 
Offline
Banned For Abuse on LostJeeps.com

Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:44 pm
Posts: 1856
Location: Buena Vista, CO
Sir Sam wrote:
BVCRD wrote:
[quote="Sir Sam




No! Well, some do that don't regularly check their air pressure.


How do I do that?





Ask someone to assist you. :goink:

_________________
2006 Sport CRD

Could the Aztecs have known, that in 2012 after a 4 year experiment, our country would cease to exist?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Oh how I wish I had my camara!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:18 pm 
Offline
I live here
I live here
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2005 6:59 pm
Posts: 5839
Location: Aurora, CO
Terry, no cell phone? :banghead: Nearly all cell phones have a camera. :ALONE:

Time to get with the times. A cheap digital camera always kept in your Jeep is necessary.......so.....

This thread is worthless without pics....... :BANANA: :pepper:

_________________
===
New KJ Gear - Desert Armor Flak

2004 Renegade Light Khaki - 4" JBA Lift - Rock Lizard Products: Komodo Dragon Rear Bumper, Prototype Winch-mount Front Bumper, Super Skink Sliders - All J's Super Tranny Skid II - 31" Firestone Destination AT's on Moab wheels - Cobra 75W CB w/ stock Antenna mod

[b]Retired, US Military


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Oh how I wish I had my camara!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:18 pm 
Offline
Banned For Abuse on LostJeeps.com

Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:44 pm
Posts: 1856
Location: Buena Vista, CO
A friend of mine drove down a beach in Texas and got stuck one evening. Caught a ride out and the next day, he returned with a tow truck. His Toyota was gone. Tide took it. :ROTFL: :ROTFL: :ROTFL:

_________________
2006 Sport CRD

Could the Aztecs have known, that in 2012 after a 4 year experiment, our country would cease to exist?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Oh how I wish I had my camara!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:35 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 9:19 pm
Posts: 4129
Location: Saint Augustine, FL
I thought about the cell phone after I got home. Senior moment!! :lol: We have miles of sandy beach in Saint Augustine, on Anastasia Island. I have never aired down to go on the beach. Never gotten stuck either.

Terry

_________________
Image2011 Ford F-150 XLT 4X4


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Oh how I wish I had my camara!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:52 pm 
Offline
Banned For Abuse on LostJeeps.com

Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:44 pm
Posts: 1856
Location: Buena Vista, CO
Depends on the sand. Up in Alaska, we could drive wherever we wanted. It was black sand. Here at the sand dunes, airing down is a must.

_________________
2006 Sport CRD

Could the Aztecs have known, that in 2012 after a 4 year experiment, our country would cease to exist?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Oh how I wish I had my camara!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:38 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 9:19 pm
Posts: 4129
Location: Saint Augustine, FL
yellocoyote wrote:
Fulltimer wrote:
I have never aired down to go on the beach. Never gotten stuck either.


That's 'cause you have mad skillz, Terry. 8) :JEEPIN:


Part of your statement is true. The mad part! I agree in some types of sand you must air down. Sand dunes is a very good example!

Terry

_________________
Image2011 Ford F-150 XLT 4X4


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com