It is currently Fri Oct 02, 2026 3:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: An Email I got today
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:58 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:49 pm
Posts: 3554
Location: Aurora, IL
The South - You Gotta Love the Southerners


Alabama
A group of Alabama friends went deer hunting and paired off in twos for the day. That night, one of the hunters returned alone, staggering under the weight of an eight-point buck. "Where's Henry?" the others asked.

"Henry had a stroke of some kind. He's a couple of miles back up the trail," the successful hunter replied.
"You left Henry laying out there and carried the deer back?" they inquired.
"A tough call," nodded the hunter. "But I figured no one is going to steal Henry!"



Georgia

The owner of a golf course in Georgia was confused about paying an invoice, so he decided to ask his secretary for some mathematical help. He called her into his office and said, "You graduated from the University of Georgia and I nee d some help.. If I were to give you $20,000, minus 14%, how much would you take off?"

The secretary thought a moment, and then replied, "Everything but my earrings."



Louisiana

A senior at Louisiana was overheard saying ... "When the end of the world comes, I hope to be in Louisiana . "When asked why, he replied, "I'd rather be in Louisiana because everything happens in Louisiana 20 years later than in the rest of the civilized world."



Mississippi

The young man from Mississippi came running into the store and said to his buddy, "Bubba, somebody just stole your pickup truck from the parking lot!" Bubba replied, "Did you see who it was?"

The young man answered, "I couldn't tell, but I got the license number."



South Carolina


A man in South Carolina had a flat tire, pulled off on the side of the road, and proceeded to put a bouquet of flowers in front of the car and one behind it. Then he got back in the car to wait. A passerby studied the scene as he drove by and was so curious he turned around and went back. He asked the fellow what the problem was.

The man replied, "I have a flat tire."
The passerby asked, "But what's with the flowers?"
The man responded, "When you break down they tell you to put flares in the front and flares in the back. I never did understand it neither."



Tennessee

A Tennessee State trooper pulled over a pickup on I-65. The trooper asked, "Got any ID?" The driver replied, "Bout whut?"



Texas

The Sheriff pulled up next to the guy unloading garbage out of his pick-up into the ditch..
The Sheriff asked, "Why are you dumping garbage in the ditch?
Don't you see that sign right over your head."
"Yep", he replied. "That's why I dumpin it here, cause it says: 'Fine For Dumping Garbage'."




You can say what you want about the South,
But you never hear of anyone retiring and moving North.
:ROTFL: :ROTFL: :ROTFL:

_________________
2006 Pearl Green CRD
Magnaflow 2 1/2" Cat Back
KJ Extra Leg Room Brackets, Carter Lift Pump, V6 Airbox, ORM
Fuel cooler, Oil Separator, Progard 7
Gauges EGT Boost Trans Temp Oil Pres, Michelin LXT AT2 245 70 R16
7,000# Draw Tight hitch, PML EX Deep Trans Pan
Centrifuge, SunCoast, Transgo, RAM TCM, InMotion Stage 2
Wife's 99 TDI VW Beetle


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: An Email I got today
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:31 pm 
Offline
I live here
I live here
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2005 6:59 pm
Posts: 5839
Location: Aurora, CO
Yes you do. Come to Colorado.

_________________
===
New KJ Gear - Desert Armor Flak

2004 Renegade Light Khaki - 4" JBA Lift - Rock Lizard Products: Komodo Dragon Rear Bumper, Prototype Winch-mount Front Bumper, Super Skink Sliders - All J's Super Tranny Skid II - 31" Firestone Destination AT's on Moab wheels - Cobra 75W CB w/ stock Antenna mod

[b]Retired, US Military


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: An Email I got today
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:48 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:03 pm
Posts: 1866
Location: Houston, TX
warp2diesel wrote:
Louisiana

A senior at Louisiana was overheard saying ... "When the end of the world comes, I hope to be in Louisiana . "When asked why, he replied, "I'd rather be in Louisiana because everything happens in Louisiana 20 years later than in the rest of the civilized world."


:-)r :-)r

True dat. But we have the BEST food in the whole country!!

_________________
In this war of lines, so many have been crossed. Where will it all stop?

2006 Deep Beryl Green CRD Sport *SOLD 1/22/12*
Provent, V6 Airbox, Fumoto, Samcos, GDE ECO & TCM Tune, Euro JK TC, Magnaflow Catback
245/70/16 Destination A/T's
Boiler's Radiator Skid Plate
Jeepin' By Al 2.5 inch Adjust-A-Strut Lift, JBA Gen 4.5 UCA's (6/5/10)

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: An Email I got today
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:57 am 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:53 pm
Posts: 116
One of the best meals I ever had was in a restaurant there....can't remember the name of it, but when you say it, I'll know it.

Stuffed pepper, Baton Rouge style: Big green pepper, battered & deepfried, full of crawfish etouffe, and some frog legs on the side. You really DO have the best food!

_________________
2006 Libby Sport, Jeep green, all stock - Purchased 7/1/09 with 33K miles
2003 Renegade, Cactus green - Destination MT's in 245/16, skid plates, tow hooks, Alpine w/iPOD, side window air deflectors, Rennie light bar, Daystar 2.5" lift.
Purchased 12/28/09 with 53K miles
"Never hit a man with glasses. Hit him with a baseball bat."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: An Email I got today
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:17 pm 
Offline
Banned For Abuse on LostJeeps.com

Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:44 pm
Posts: 1856
Location: Buena Vista, CO
Tokyojoe wrote:
Yes you do. Come to Colorado.



:ROTFL: :ROTFL: :ROTFL: I think I heard you right. We gotta lotta southern folks coming in lately. :banghead: :furious: :ALONE:

_________________
2006 Sport CRD

Could the Aztecs have known, that in 2012 after a 4 year experiment, our country would cease to exist?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: An Email I got today
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:30 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:03 pm
Posts: 1866
Location: Houston, TX
haulin5 wrote:
One of the best meals I ever had was in a restaurant there....can't remember the name of it, but when you say it, I'll know it.

Stuffed pepper, Baton Rouge style: Big green pepper, battered & deepfried, full of crawfish etouffe, and some frog legs on the side. You really DO have the best food!


If you were in Baton Rouge, that could be a lot of places! Ralph & Kacoo's? Boutin's? Juban's? Do you remember what part of Baton Rouge?

BVCRD wrote:
Tokyojoe wrote:
Yes you do. Come to Colorado.



:ROTFL: :ROTFL: :ROTFL: I think I heard you right. We gotta lotta southern folks coming in lately. :banghead: :furious: :ALONE:


I've actually had Colorado on my "relocation list" for a few years. I like Louisiana, but I would like to go somewhere with 4 full seasons and scenery, instead of cold and hot with flat land. Know anyone looking for an HR/ Staffing person with a construction/ industrial background?

_________________
In this war of lines, so many have been crossed. Where will it all stop?

2006 Deep Beryl Green CRD Sport *SOLD 1/22/12*
Provent, V6 Airbox, Fumoto, Samcos, GDE ECO & TCM Tune, Euro JK TC, Magnaflow Catback
245/70/16 Destination A/T's
Boiler's Radiator Skid Plate
Jeepin' By Al 2.5 inch Adjust-A-Strut Lift, JBA Gen 4.5 UCA's (6/5/10)

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: An Email I got today
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:46 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:54 pm
Posts: 408
Location: North Carolina
Haha. That Georgia one is good. :ROTFL:

_________________
I'm right 97% of the time. Who cares about the other 4%.

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's all about?

2005 Jeep Liberty Limited - Bright Silver Metallic


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: An Email I got today
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:53 pm 
Offline
Banned For Abuse on LostJeeps.com

Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:44 pm
Posts: 1856
Location: Buena Vista, CO
linewarbr wrote:
haulin5 wrote:
One of the best meals I ever had was in a restaurant there....can't remember the name of it, but when you say it, I'll know it.

Stuffed pepper, Baton Rouge style: Big green pepper, battered & deepfried, full of crawfish etouffe, and some frog legs on the side. You really DO have the best food!


If you were in Baton Rouge, that could be a lot of places! Ralph & Kacoo's? Boutin's? Juban's? Do you remember what part of Baton Rouge?

BVCRD wrote:
Tokyojoe wrote:
Yes you do. Come to Colorado.



:ROTFL: :ROTFL: :ROTFL: I think I heard you right. We gotta lotta southern folks coming in lately. :banghead: :furious: :ALONE:


I've actually had Colorado on my "relocation list" for a few years. I like Louisiana, but I would like to go somewhere with 4 full seasons and scenery, instead of cold and hot with flat land. Know anyone looking for an HR/ Staffing person with a construction/ industrial background?




We're BROKE man. They are raising taxes on everything they can. Laying off peeps, mandatory leave without pay....We are leaving in another year. Wyoming or Alaska probably. The "southern folks" I was referring to originate a bit further south than you.

_________________
2006 Sport CRD

Could the Aztecs have known, that in 2012 after a 4 year experiment, our country would cease to exist?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: An Email I got today
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:21 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:20 pm
Posts: 1881
Location: Orange Park, FL
Notice theres nothing about Florida. :wink:

_________________
'02 Jeep KJ 4x4- Gone
'92 YJ- lift, swampers, bumpers....yeah, its pretty sweet.
*DISCLAIMER*: I can not be held liable for anything I say on the forums or in real life.
I also can not be held liable for any jeep breakage or life problems caused due to my advice being taken.
:D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: An Email I got today
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:32 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:03 pm
Posts: 1866
Location: Houston, TX
BVCRD wrote:
The "southern folks" I was referring to originate a bit further south than you.


Lol, I got you. How's your Spanish, BV?

_________________
In this war of lines, so many have been crossed. Where will it all stop?

2006 Deep Beryl Green CRD Sport *SOLD 1/22/12*
Provent, V6 Airbox, Fumoto, Samcos, GDE ECO & TCM Tune, Euro JK TC, Magnaflow Catback
245/70/16 Destination A/T's
Boiler's Radiator Skid Plate
Jeepin' By Al 2.5 inch Adjust-A-Strut Lift, JBA Gen 4.5 UCA's (6/5/10)

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: An Email I got today
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:18 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:53 pm
Posts: 116
Linewarbr,

It was Boutin's. Knew I'd remember as soon as I heard it. We took a party of about 30 in there & had a BLAST!

The night after, we did a crawfish boil at a friend's house in Plaquemines parish.

Just couldn't beat the hospitality of everyone there, from the people we knew right down to the waitress at Waffle House. (mmmm, Waffle house eggs & grits with hot sauce!)

_________________
2006 Libby Sport, Jeep green, all stock - Purchased 7/1/09 with 33K miles
2003 Renegade, Cactus green - Destination MT's in 245/16, skid plates, tow hooks, Alpine w/iPOD, side window air deflectors, Rennie light bar, Daystar 2.5" lift.
Purchased 12/28/09 with 53K miles
"Never hit a man with glasses. Hit him with a baseball bat."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: An Email I got today
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:41 pm 
Offline
Banned For Abuse on LostJeeps.com

Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:44 pm
Posts: 1856
Location: Buena Vista, CO
linewarbr wrote:
BVCRD wrote:
The "southern folks" I was referring to originate a bit further south than you.


Lol, I got you. How's your Spanish, BV?




Not worth a darn. :furious: :ROTFL:

_________________
2006 Sport CRD

Could the Aztecs have known, that in 2012 after a 4 year experiment, our country would cease to exist?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: An Email I got today
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:20 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:32 pm
Posts: 1839
Location: Lost in Illinois
Budke wrote:
Notice theres nothing about Florida. :wink:

Residents walk into a polling place during the Presidential elections... enuff said. :ROTFL:

But seriously Budke, you're not "Southern". Then again, neither are those from Texas.

_________________
2004 TJ Rubicon.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: An Email I got today
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:32 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:20 pm
Posts: 1881
Location: Orange Park, FL
oddball wrote:
Budke wrote:
Notice theres nothing about Florida. :wink:

Residents walk into a polling place during the Presidential elections... enuff said. :ROTFL:

But seriously Budke, you're not "Southern". Then again, neither are those from Texas.


I agree, Florida isn't 'southern'. Well, parts of the state are, but thats a slim percentage.
We're just Floridians.....lol
Thats why Floridians get discounts at Universal Studios and Disney, and 'southerners' don't. :goink:

_________________
'02 Jeep KJ 4x4- Gone
'92 YJ- lift, swampers, bumpers....yeah, its pretty sweet.
*DISCLAIMER*: I can not be held liable for anything I say on the forums or in real life.
I also can not be held liable for any jeep breakage or life problems caused due to my advice being taken.
:D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: An Email I got today
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:07 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:03 pm
Posts: 1866
Location: Houston, TX
haulin5 wrote:
Linewarbr,

It was Boutin's. Knew I'd remember as soon as I heard it. We took a party of about 30 in there & had a BLAST!

The night after, we did a crawfish boil at a friend's house in Plaquemines parish.

Just couldn't beat the hospitality of everyone there, from the people we knew right down to the waitress at Waffle House. (mmmm, Waffle house eggs & grits with hot sauce!)


Nice, Boutin's is great. Juban's is just as good, if not better. Ralph & Kacoo's, well, meh.

Sadly, I am allergic to shellfish and don't get to partake in many Louisiana delicacies for that reason. [Sigh.]

One of my favorite places to eat here is a pizza place called Fleur de Lis. The place is a dive, the building is ancient, but they have THE BEST pizza I have ever tasted in my life. No, I haven't had a true Chicago deep dish (unless Uno's counts) but I would put Fleur de Lis up against any of 'em and dare them to change my mind. (and vastly enjoy the process. . . )

If you ever have a reason to be in south LA again, holler and we'll get together and discuss politics over good food. . . .

_________________
In this war of lines, so many have been crossed. Where will it all stop?

2006 Deep Beryl Green CRD Sport *SOLD 1/22/12*
Provent, V6 Airbox, Fumoto, Samcos, GDE ECO & TCM Tune, Euro JK TC, Magnaflow Catback
245/70/16 Destination A/T's
Boiler's Radiator Skid Plate
Jeepin' By Al 2.5 inch Adjust-A-Strut Lift, JBA Gen 4.5 UCA's (6/5/10)

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: An Email I got today
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:21 am 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:53 pm
Posts: 116
I believe the 2012 ABC's (American Bowling Congress nationals) are in Baton Rouge again. That's why we were there last time, and it was exactly 6 weeks before Katrina hit. I can't wait to come back down there!

_________________
2006 Libby Sport, Jeep green, all stock - Purchased 7/1/09 with 33K miles
2003 Renegade, Cactus green - Destination MT's in 245/16, skid plates, tow hooks, Alpine w/iPOD, side window air deflectors, Rennie light bar, Daystar 2.5" lift.
Purchased 12/28/09 with 53K miles
"Never hit a man with glasses. Hit him with a baseball bat."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: An Email I got today
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:56 am 
Offline
Banned For Abuse on LostJeeps.com

Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:44 pm
Posts: 1856
Location: Buena Vista, CO
Yea but what about the Aztecs? :grim: :dead:

_________________
2006 Sport CRD

Could the Aztecs have known, that in 2012 after a 4 year experiment, our country would cease to exist?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: An Email I got today
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:35 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:07 am
Posts: 6220
Location: Colorado Baby!
haulin5 wrote:
.....rawfish etouffe, and some frog legs on the side. You really DO have the best food!


Yup, if it lives in a ditch by the side of the road they will eat it!

_________________
http://www.Colorado4Wheel.com
"Its not about what you can DO with your Jeep, its about where you can GO with your Jeep."
Knowledgeable - But Caustic


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com