It is currently Fri Oct 02, 2026 4:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Finally back to work / new computer build finished
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:08 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:38 am
Posts: 1593
Location: Muncie Indiana
My mobo went south nearly 2 weeks ago, and I've been off my game ever since. Friday big brown delivered a ton of stuff, and I started my first home built computer. I had to have 32 bit windows xp for my CAD software & spaceball unfortunately. It should be a great build for that for some time though, and the nice thing is if anything goes wrong I feel confident in replacing it myself. I may even start accumulating spare parts for this thing, as I can see issues with compatability in a few years. All of this because my CAD runs about 5 grand for the new version.

Well after 4 days of speedbumps my computer is finished, backlog of parts have been shipped, and I'm ready to get back to designing Liberty stuff! Sorry to those who had to wait for parts, everyone should have their items by Wednesday or Thursday.

Check out my new PC! I'm thinking a custom desk build may need to be my next project.

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

_________________
2005 KJ Renegade
Fabrications for sale: Aluminum Roof Rack (See Page 9)
Aluminum Gas Tank Skid -- Radiator Skid -- Front Strut Shims
Coming Soon: Rear Bumpers with lots of options


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Finally back to work / new computer build finished
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:49 am 
Offline
Banned For Abuse on LostJeeps.com
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 12:40 pm
Posts: 2353
Location: Kettering, Ohio
DOn't forget to squeegee off the screen.... :SOMBRERO:

_________________
LOST # 633
'05 KJ 3.7L/6spd/241 245/75/16 MT's
'88 MJ 4.0L/AW4/231 SWB HPD30 & trac-loc D44 w/3.73's
A dirty Jeep is a happy Jeep


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Finally back to work / new computer build finished
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:01 pm 
Offline
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:49 pm
Posts: 27226
Location: NOW Southeastern Ohio/ Tanzania
I ......SEE.........A..........BUMPER
is that the sneak peek?

And yes you need a real desk for your computer :ROTFL:

_________________
MUDD'S MOTORSPORT'S We do IFS lift installs ,
03 OVERLAND EDITION /Kilby-Skidrow-Mopar-4XGuard skids/ 2.5 inch TOTAL CONTROL JBA coilovers -JBA Arms/MOABS-31 FALKEN WILDPEAK AT3W / 4.10's etc, 04 Kilimanjaro Edition loaded, plus 05 KJ limited


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Finally back to work / new computer build finished
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:45 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:59 pm
Posts: 1854
Location: Durango, Colorado
I was expected a TIG welded aluminum desk :ROTFL:

_________________
Former CRD owner... now I just sit around and stare at the wall.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Finally back to work / new computer build finished
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:02 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:03 pm
Posts: 1866
Location: Houston, TX
Bumper. . . . ? BUUUUMMMPPPEEEEEERRRRRRR!!!!!!!

_________________
In this war of lines, so many have been crossed. Where will it all stop?

2006 Deep Beryl Green CRD Sport *SOLD 1/22/12*
Provent, V6 Airbox, Fumoto, Samcos, GDE ECO & TCM Tune, Euro JK TC, Magnaflow Catback
245/70/16 Destination A/T's
Boiler's Radiator Skid Plate
Jeepin' By Al 2.5 inch Adjust-A-Strut Lift, JBA Gen 4.5 UCA's (6/5/10)

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Finally back to work / new computer build finished
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:05 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:58 pm
Posts: 645
Location: Fort Wayne, Indiana
just make a nicer version of the card table....

I happen to like the card table...............vintage :ROTFL:

_________________
Apatosaurus, Jurassic Park Edition


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Finally back to work / new computer build finished
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:08 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:38 am
Posts: 1593
Location: Muncie Indiana
InCommando wrote:
DOn't forget to squeegee off the screen.... :SOMBRERO:


Seriously thats either a camera problem or streaks from cleaning it...I cleaned about 1/32" of dust off of it that night. :shock:

Yep, thats a preview. All you get for about another month...

_________________
2005 KJ Renegade
Fabrications for sale: Aluminum Roof Rack (See Page 9)
Aluminum Gas Tank Skid -- Radiator Skid -- Front Strut Shims
Coming Soon: Rear Bumpers with lots of options


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Finally back to work / new computer build finished
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:54 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:03 pm
Posts: 1866
Location: Houston, TX
I might need to get a case of wanderlust and check out Muncie, Indiana. . .

_________________
In this war of lines, so many have been crossed. Where will it all stop?

2006 Deep Beryl Green CRD Sport *SOLD 1/22/12*
Provent, V6 Airbox, Fumoto, Samcos, GDE ECO & TCM Tune, Euro JK TC, Magnaflow Catback
245/70/16 Destination A/T's
Boiler's Radiator Skid Plate
Jeepin' By Al 2.5 inch Adjust-A-Strut Lift, JBA Gen 4.5 UCA's (6/5/10)

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Finally back to work / new computer build finished
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:31 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:38 am
Posts: 1593
Location: Muncie Indiana
LOL, Muncie is the last place I'd go for a vacation. But your welcome to stop by if you're in the area!

_________________
2005 KJ Renegade
Fabrications for sale: Aluminum Roof Rack (See Page 9)
Aluminum Gas Tank Skid -- Radiator Skid -- Front Strut Shims
Coming Soon: Rear Bumpers with lots of options


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Finally back to work / new computer build finished
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:19 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:20 pm
Posts: 1881
Location: Orange Park, FL
I now know what bumper I want. :D:D:D

_________________
'02 Jeep KJ 4x4- Gone
'92 YJ- lift, swampers, bumpers....yeah, its pretty sweet.
*DISCLAIMER*: I can not be held liable for anything I say on the forums or in real life.
I also can not be held liable for any jeep breakage or life problems caused due to my advice being taken.
:D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Finally back to work / new computer build finished
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:56 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:47 pm
Posts: 1817
Location: York,PA
Nice Job Boiler. Asus is a good choice for the Mobo. I have built so many computers but then computers are my job.

_________________
2006 Liberty CRD Limited Deep Beryl Green Metallic Clear coat, Fumoto valve, MH ProVent (removed), GDE Eco tune,
OME 790/948 springs, OME struts, OME N132L shocks, Jeepin by Al A-arms, Hercules Terra Trac AT2 245/75R16
Weeks Stage 1 EGR delete, 5 volt steel glow plugs


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Finally back to work / new computer build finished
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:46 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:38 am
Posts: 1593
Location: Muncie Indiana
mikey1273 wrote:
Nice Job Boiler. Asus is a good choice for the Mobo. I have built so many computers but then computers are my job.


Thanks. I owe meduncan some thanks for helping me along the way with my computer. He's a computer guru and I held him hostage. No CAD for Boiler = no bumper for meduncan :twisted:

I like the whole thing, especially the case. I could have done without all of the lights and clear panels, but I love the 4 fans and the space for expansion. Also the top interface area rocks! Beats all of my dell cases by about 50x.

_________________
2005 KJ Renegade
Fabrications for sale: Aluminum Roof Rack (See Page 9)
Aluminum Gas Tank Skid -- Radiator Skid -- Front Strut Shims
Coming Soon: Rear Bumpers with lots of options


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Finally back to work / new computer build finished
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:37 am 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:47 pm
Posts: 1817
Location: York,PA
Yeah that case is nice..... from what I seen all the parts you picked look to be well quite good. I had done a simular build years back for gaming, that case was a monster I should have kept it and rebuilt in it instead of selling and parting it out when it became obsolete. Instead I got an afordable Dell quad core loaded it with memory and set it up for a media center with a TV tuner and all. I don't game anymore so what I have is great for me, I can enjoy my music, movies and record tv I sometimes miss, it even does HD.

_________________
2006 Liberty CRD Limited Deep Beryl Green Metallic Clear coat, Fumoto valve, MH ProVent (removed), GDE Eco tune,
OME 790/948 springs, OME struts, OME N132L shocks, Jeepin by Al A-arms, Hercules Terra Trac AT2 245/75R16
Weeks Stage 1 EGR delete, 5 volt steel glow plugs


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Finally back to work / new computer build finished
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:13 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:38 am
Posts: 1593
Location: Muncie Indiana
Ok after a week using this computer, I have one issue with it. Cooling is important to computers, so I got one that I thought would be adequate. I've got 2 fans in the front, one each per hard drive, with the hard drives right in the middle over them. I've also got a big "case wide" fan on top, and one in the rear.

My beef is that they blow so much air that it is making me freeze. Seriously. My hands are like blocks of ice after an hour of CAD work with it on my desk, and I have to wear a sweatshirt. It is like sitting here with a ceiling fan above me on medium, and personal hand fans as well. My wife was even complaining about a breeze making her cold 4 feet away. It's 70 degrees in here, with a wind chill of about 45....

:?

_________________
2005 KJ Renegade
Fabrications for sale: Aluminum Roof Rack (See Page 9)
Aluminum Gas Tank Skid -- Radiator Skid -- Front Strut Shims
Coming Soon: Rear Bumpers with lots of options


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Finally back to work / new computer build finished
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:44 am 
Offline
Master of the Blender
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:21 pm
Posts: 2804
Location: Margaritaville
Boiler wrote:
Ok after a week using this computer, I have one issue with it. Cooling is important to computers, so I got one that I thought would be adequate. I've got 2 fans in the front, one each per hard drive, with the hard drives right in the middle over them. I've also got a big "case wide" fan on top, and one in the rear.

My beef is that they blow so much air that it is making me freeze. Seriously. My hands are like blocks of ice after an hour of CAD work with it on my desk, and I have to wear a sweatshirt. It is like sitting here with a ceiling fan above me on medium, and personal hand fans as well. My wife was even complaining about a breeze making her cold 4 feet away. It's 70 degrees in here, with a wind chill of about 45....

:?

I'm thinking it's time for a quick duct design, something to fit over the fan exhaust(s) and direct the air away from you. :wink:

So what CAD software are you running? I used to do that stuff for a living but haven't touched anything since AutoCAD Release 14 (about 15+ years ago).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Finally back to work / new computer build finished
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:29 am 
Offline
I live here
I live here
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2005 6:59 pm
Posts: 5839
Location: Aurora, CO
I wouldn't have the case sitting right in front of a window. Radiant heat from the sun is killer on a black case.

_________________
===
New KJ Gear - Desert Armor Flak

2004 Renegade Light Khaki - 4" JBA Lift - Rock Lizard Products: Komodo Dragon Rear Bumper, Prototype Winch-mount Front Bumper, Super Skink Sliders - All J's Super Tranny Skid II - 31" Firestone Destination AT's on Moab wheels - Cobra 75W CB w/ stock Antenna mod

[b]Retired, US Military


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Finally back to work / new computer build finished
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:51 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:38 am
Posts: 1593
Location: Muncie Indiana
Tokyojoe wrote:
I wouldn't have the case sitting right in front of a window. Radiant heat from the sun is killer on a black case.


It is by a window, but where I live that window sees very little light, and the blinds are always closed there.

corwyyn wrote:
So what CAD software are you running? I used to do that stuff for a living but haven't touched anything since AutoCAD Release 14 (about 15+ years ago).


I use an Autodesk Inventor 8, an old version of AutoCAD's 3d solid modeler. I also use AutoCAD 2005.

_________________
2005 KJ Renegade
Fabrications for sale: Aluminum Roof Rack (See Page 9)
Aluminum Gas Tank Skid -- Radiator Skid -- Front Strut Shims
Coming Soon: Rear Bumpers with lots of options


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Finally back to work / new computer build finished
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:47 am 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:59 pm
Posts: 2127
Location: Navarre FL
oh hey my roommate has that same case. only thing is he has a white D: drive. dont worry i give him stinky poo all the time cause its killing my OCD :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Finally back to work / new computer build finished
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:54 am 
Offline
I live here
I live here
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2005 6:59 pm
Posts: 5839
Location: Aurora, CO
Minus software, your total cost is.........?


I usually build my own PC's also but I might go with the commercial made high end beast for once. I hate the software issues I always have to deal with when upgrading. Mine is about 3 yrs old since my last upgrade and it was a pain doing software transfers from old to new HD's. I suck at the BIOS stuff also. Couldn't get all of my 250 Gig HD to be recognized. I just realized that my Antec tower case is ancient..... it's 8 yrs old.

_________________
===
New KJ Gear - Desert Armor Flak

2004 Renegade Light Khaki - 4" JBA Lift - Rock Lizard Products: Komodo Dragon Rear Bumper, Prototype Winch-mount Front Bumper, Super Skink Sliders - All J's Super Tranny Skid II - 31" Firestone Destination AT's on Moab wheels - Cobra 75W CB w/ stock Antenna mod

[b]Retired, US Military


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Finally back to work / new computer build finished
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:23 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:38 am
Posts: 1593
Location: Muncie Indiana
Well I did not shop around at all. I was in a jam for a CAD machine, had to stick with 32 bit XP SP2 (my version of inventor can't use SP3 or any of the modern OS's, as is the same for my spaceball). So I bought what I thought was best for my application, and it ran me about $950. Then an extra $100 to ship it in two days because I couldn't lose a weekend of work. :evil:

_________________
2005 KJ Renegade
Fabrications for sale: Aluminum Roof Rack (See Page 9)
Aluminum Gas Tank Skid -- Radiator Skid -- Front Strut Shims
Coming Soon: Rear Bumpers with lots of options


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com