Weisse123 wrote:
Well, I doubt that...maybe...but then where did they learn how to make vehicles that got such good gas mileage?
They learned that through a lot of hard work and good engineering. Good for them.
More importantly today, I wonder where they learned how to make cars that accelerate out of control and then suppress information about the danger - putting their customer's lives at risk just so they wouldn't look bad (as shown in the emails between high-level Toyota executives that were released recently). It really makes me wonder how much of their quality reputation is based on reality and how much depends on the suppression of evidence to the contrary.
Nothing personal toward you and I'm not trying to put words in your mouth. I'm just not very impressed by them (I'm only refering to Toyota) when they have been caught red-handed knowingly putting the lives of their customers at risk just to protect a reputation they apparently don't deserve. Then they try to gloss things over by running commercials about how important their customers are to them. I find their behavior disgusting and pathetic.
Just my

But that isn't what this thread is about anyway. More on point, I'd love to have one of those old Jeeps too. It is an amazing sight to see all of those Jeeps lined up together

!