It is currently Fri Oct 02, 2026 5:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Powers wheel with daddy's touch applied
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:35 am 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:16 pm
Posts: 1391
Location: Felton, DE
The pw was given to me by a friend who's son outgrew it. So when I got it home I started looking at it and decided that it needed a little updating

Before with my son Dylan 15 months old
Image

After, not complete yet and the lighting is poor but I had to post. I think it looks sweet!
Image
Image
Image

Still need to add the bumper, hood pins and some decals. later I may look into a stronger battery and motor setup. We'll see :pepper:

_________________
06 White KJ Sport 4x4 :JEEPIN:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2432458/1


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Powers wheel with daddy's touch applied
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:41 am 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:03 pm
Posts: 2164
Location: Cinci, Ohio
just don't go trying to get replacement parts from authorized repair place, they cannot by law, sell you replacement parts so you can do yourself, they have to do the work cause it's an electrical kids toy. Found out the hard way :banghead: :banghead: , ended up removing motors and donated our old one to a day care, the kids pushed each other with it.
The black does look much better!

_________________
'99 Tahoe, 3" BL, 285/75/16's , MT II's.
'05 Liberty Sport, -wifey's
'98 Poncho Fireturd, 3.8L, .....the purple pig!
ImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Powers wheel with daddy's touch applied
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:00 am 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:28 am
Posts: 10686
Location: Some where in Colorado
Looks good!

On a side note, I have seen 36V PW's that were crazy fast! There are forums out there of PW freaks :twisted:

_________________
2008 KK Liberty Sport NIGHT OPS EDITION + GILLS
OEM & Custom Skids - Factory Tow Package - Rock Lizard Skink Super Sliders
Prototype JBA 4 Inch Lift - JBA UCA's - Flowmaster Super 44 OR - Whacked Resonator
Jet Stage 2 - RL Gecko Basket Rack - Custom Winch Bumper - Recon 10.5K Winch
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Powers wheel with daddy's touch applied
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:05 am 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:16 pm
Posts: 1391
Location: Felton, DE
Yeah, I just started researching a little bit and found this great site. The setups some of these guys have is nuts. I will probably leave it as is but I really dig the paint job, gives it a refreshed look.

_________________
06 White KJ Sport 4x4 :JEEPIN:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2432458/1


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Powers wheel with daddy's touch applied
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:20 am 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:55 pm
Posts: 1044
Location: Elgin, IL (Chicago burb)
But wouldn't the body look great in an olive green?

_________________
Aaron

A vehicle isn't yours till you learn to wrench on it yourself.

2002 Jeep Liberty Sport (Eugene, I am the Passenger, And I ride and I ride.)
1999 Chev Astro 2WD (Green, Daily Driver)
1997 Chev Astro AWD (Grumpy "The Heep", $250 Rally Van, 335k miles, 2" lift, 31" tires)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Powers wheel with daddy's touch applied
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:09 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:20 pm
Posts: 1881
Location: Orange Park, FL
Diggerize it. :twisted: :twisted:

_________________
'02 Jeep KJ 4x4- Gone
'92 YJ- lift, swampers, bumpers....yeah, its pretty sweet.
*DISCLAIMER*: I can not be held liable for anything I say on the forums or in real life.
I also can not be held liable for any jeep breakage or life problems caused due to my advice being taken.
:D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Powers wheel with daddy's touch applied
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:10 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:28 am
Posts: 10686
Location: Some where in Colorado
Budke wrote:
Diggerize it. :twisted: :twisted:



Do it :twisted: :twisted:

_________________
2008 KK Liberty Sport NIGHT OPS EDITION + GILLS
OEM & Custom Skids - Factory Tow Package - Rock Lizard Skink Super Sliders
Prototype JBA 4 Inch Lift - JBA UCA's - Flowmaster Super 44 OR - Whacked Resonator
Jet Stage 2 - RL Gecko Basket Rack - Custom Winch Bumper - Recon 10.5K Winch
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Powers wheel with daddy's touch applied
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:13 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 9:19 pm
Posts: 4129
Location: Saint Augustine, FL
YES...do it!

Terry

_________________
Image2011 Ford F-150 XLT 4X4


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Powers wheel with daddy's touch applied
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:36 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:16 pm
Posts: 1391
Location: Felton, DE
I thought about it....but we wouldn't want him to scare all the neighborhood kids away. :mrgreen:

_________________
06 White KJ Sport 4x4 :JEEPIN:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2432458/1


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Powers wheel with daddy's touch applied
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:46 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:29 am
Posts: 5956
Location: Hillsborough, NC / Corolla NC
dang whats that thing rollin

some 12x13 mudders on 9" Moabs?

:P

gonna put the arb back on it after you paint it? :)

_________________
03 Renegade (Black)
177k miles 3.7L gas - 45RFE
Command Trac / 4.10s
Lift: ft. 790+ rr. JBA4+
The last of the TrailReady Front&Rear Bumpers and TR Rock Rails
Jarhead Offroad light covers
31x10.5R15 RedLetter Grabbers on Blackrock Dunes
L.O.S.T #KD098632


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Powers wheel with daddy's touch applied
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:08 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:16 pm
Posts: 1391
Location: Felton, DE
The bumper is going back on after I get some new hardware to mount it. the old stuff was bent pretty bad after my friends son nailed a few things with it.

I will get back to you on the tires.

_________________
06 White KJ Sport 4x4 :JEEPIN:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2432458/1


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Powers wheel with daddy's touch applied
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:19 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:37 pm
Posts: 7928
Location: Big Bear & Lancaster, Ca.
Nice Jeep!

_________________
99 TJ
71 C101
04 KJ
03 SFA KJ Sport
LOST JEEPS So-Cal


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Powers wheel with daddy's touch applied
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:09 am 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:23 am
Posts: 1218
BODY LIFT!

I remember my son had the power wheels Silverado, went through about 4 sets of tires on it...but that was long ago before KJ's excised....

_________________
05 KJ Limited 4x4 in Light Khaki: Detours USA Backbone, Warn M8000, Huskyliners, RockLizard Super Skink sliders, OME/Bilstein Lift, JBA UCA's, 245/70/17 Nitto Terra Grapplers
07 LR3 SE V8
1996 XJ Country
2015 KL Limited


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Powers wheel with daddy's touch applied
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:18 am 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:16 pm
Posts: 1391
Location: Felton, DE
Well, the battery is shot so I have to order a new one. I did get the bumper on and added a neat sticker. will post pics soon.

_________________
06 White KJ Sport 4x4 :JEEPIN:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2432458/1


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com