It is currently Thu Oct 08, 2026 6:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Picture request: KK windshield fluid resevour
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:42 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:30 pm
Posts: 2523
Location: LOST in Wisconsin
I believe this is combined with your coolant overflow resevour.

Anyone have a picture?

_________________
2005 CRD "Ol' Blue"
Red Ryder carbine-action, two hundred shot range model air rifle with a compass in the stock and this thing which tells time.
My build page- RL Komodo Rear and TJM Front Bumper, armored, lifted, JBA Steel D30, 4.10s and ARB air lockers.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Picture request: KK windshield fluid resevour
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:05 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:12 am
Posts: 452
Location: Calgary, AB, Canada
Not Positive if they're "connected"... and I don't have a picture right now..

BUT yes, they are both up front, washer fluid on the drivers side, coolant the passenger side.

...





..

btw - thanks for reminding me, I haven't checked my washer fluid in probably.... 6+ months.

_________________
2008 Jeep Liberty (KK) Ltd


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Picture request: KK windshield fluid resevour
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:53 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:47 pm
Posts: 133
Location: Detroit, MI/ West Palm Beach, FL
Yeah they are basically "connected" as in they are made of the same mold of plastic. I left my camera at work, but heres the closest thing I have to a picture of the reservoir.

Image


If you want, I would be happy to take some more pics tomorrow afternoon and post em for ya!

_________________
08 Black Sport
Black Cragar Soft 8s
Bridgestone A/T Dueler Revo2s 245/70/16
Blacked out headlights/turn signals and smoked tails

"I don't believe in a lot of things, but I do believe in duct tape"- Miles Straume


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Picture request: KK windshield fluid resevour
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:50 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:30 pm
Posts: 2523
Location: LOST in Wisconsin
DetroitKK wrote:
Yeah they are basically "connected" as in they are made of the same mold of plastic. I left my camera at work, but heres the closest thing I have to a picture of the reservoir.

If you want, I would be happy to take some more pics tomorrow afternoon and post em for ya!


Thanks for posting the picture. I thought the reservoirs were on the firewall, not at the grill. Are All KK's the same? I was hoping to find a bolt on replacement for the KJ and finally move that reservoir from the right wheel wheel.

_________________
2005 CRD "Ol' Blue"
Red Ryder carbine-action, two hundred shot range model air rifle with a compass in the stock and this thing which tells time.
My build page- RL Komodo Rear and TJM Front Bumper, armored, lifted, JBA Steel D30, 4.10s and ARB air lockers.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Picture request: KK windshield fluid resevour
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:13 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:47 pm
Posts: 133
Location: Detroit, MI/ West Palm Beach, FL
No problem. As far as I know the engine bay is pretty much the same for the 08-10 KKs but I've been wrong before, so who knows...

_________________
08 Black Sport
Black Cragar Soft 8s
Bridgestone A/T Dueler Revo2s 245/70/16
Blacked out headlights/turn signals and smoked tails

"I don't believe in a lot of things, but I do believe in duct tape"- Miles Straume


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Picture request: KK windshield fluid resevour
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:55 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:26 pm
Posts: 6
I hope so because I just refilled mine. Mine is split, driver=windshield front, passenger=windshield back. Overflow is right by firewall on passenger side.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Picture request: KK windshield fluid resevour
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:44 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:47 pm
Posts: 133
Location: Detroit, MI/ West Palm Beach, FL
jerwhite wrote:
I hope so because I just refilled mine. Mine is split, driver=windshield front, passenger=windshield back. Overflow is right by firewall on passenger side.


Oh no.... Please tell me you are joking!! If not, then DONT RUN THE ENGINE. The large plastic housing in the front of the engine bay is split between two tanks. The tank on the drivers side is the wiper fluid. The tank on the passenger side is your engine coolant. I know it looks rectangular (like the rear window) but its actually a graphic of the engine. The rear window wiper nozzle is attached to the same tank as the front window nozzles.

It's possible that they changed this out in the newer models, but I just doubled checked my 08 and it's definitely the engine coolant reservoir. I'm not sure what kind of damage wiper fluid would do in the coolant system but I'm sure it can't be good...

_________________
08 Black Sport
Black Cragar Soft 8s
Bridgestone A/T Dueler Revo2s 245/70/16
Blacked out headlights/turn signals and smoked tails

"I don't believe in a lot of things, but I do believe in duct tape"- Miles Straume


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Picture request: KK windshield fluid resevour
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:33 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:03 am
Posts: 1503
Location: S.W Washington
This is from the 2010 owners manual. The locations are the same 08-10.

Image

_________________
07 KA Light Khaki, Manual trany.
2.5" Adjust-A-Strut JBA lift, Euro taillights,
Home made; Front Tilt Hood, Roof Rack, RAM Air, & CAI.
ESP Off Switch
Take a ride on the Trō side!

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot] and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com