It is currently Thu Oct 08, 2026 6:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Opinion on Alignment (Spec Sheet Inside)
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:44 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:46 pm
Posts: 1778
Location: Queens, New York
Hey guys,
So I understand a little bit about alignments, but not enough to know if the alignment was done correctly.
The Jeep does drive straight (at least I think it does, I have a vibration in the steering wheel, but that can be another issue).

Anyway, here's the printout. Your opinions?
Thanks a mil.
8)

Image

_________________
-dbk
SOLD2007 6 Speed - Projector Retrofit -Custom LED Tail Lights - Lights on Cowl & 130w 8" ProComps - Full Skids-RockLizard Super Skink Sliders-Front Hitch
Frankenlifted-Al's A-Arms-Goodyear Duractracs 31x10.5R15x7 Cragar D Window 4"bs-Cobra 75WXST - 4' Firestick
4.10s sitting in a box - 3

Sold-1988 Suzuki Samurai
2002 Jeep TJ


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Opinion on Alignment (Spec Sheet Inside)
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:03 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:38 pm
Posts: 12988
Location: Colorado Springs
Who did your alignment? They should be fired,lifted or not it can be set alot closer to spec then that,well at least camber and get caster close and fairly even(caster is a non-tire wearing angle,can cause a drift or pull though).

But at least it will drive straight as your left camber almost cancels out the right caster,you will get bad tire wear on the left front.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Opinion on Alignment (Spec Sheet Inside)
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:11 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:46 pm
Posts: 1778
Location: Queens, New York
:cry:
Ok then.
I think my truck is actually pulling the left a bit, I didn't get to drive it enough to see.
So, what do I tell them so I can have them try again and make it sound like I know what I am talking about, lol.

_________________
-dbk
SOLD2007 6 Speed - Projector Retrofit -Custom LED Tail Lights - Lights on Cowl & 130w 8" ProComps - Full Skids-RockLizard Super Skink Sliders-Front Hitch
Frankenlifted-Al's A-Arms-Goodyear Duractracs 31x10.5R15x7 Cragar D Window 4"bs-Cobra 75WXST - 4' Firestick
4.10s sitting in a box - 3

Sold-1988 Suzuki Samurai
2002 Jeep TJ


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Opinion on Alignment (Spec Sheet Inside)
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:23 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:38 pm
Posts: 12988
Location: Colorado Springs
infernicus wrote:
:cry:
Ok then.
I think my truck is actually pulling the left a bit, I didn't get to drive it enough to see.
So, what do I tell them so I can have them try again and make it sound like I know what I am talking about, lol.

Yep every angle(Camber,Caster,and Toe) are all adjustable for the front,camber/caster are set via the 2 LCA cam bolts.Make sure to have camber set as close to center spec as possible and that cross caster is within 0.5 degrees.If lifted you can sacrifice some caster as it's a non-tire wearing angle for camber but cross caster must be close so you do not get a drift or pull.

Do not let them use the excuss that your lifted and that's the best it can be done,you would need some pretty badly bent parts for that be true.I've done hundreds of alignments and many on KJ's(both lifted and stock) and it is possible to get the angles alot closer then that.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Opinion on Alignment (Spec Sheet Inside)
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:27 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:46 pm
Posts: 1778
Location: Queens, New York
Awesome, thanks a bunch. I'm going to call them now, hopefully they're still there so I can drop it in the AM tomorrow.

_________________
-dbk
SOLD2007 6 Speed - Projector Retrofit -Custom LED Tail Lights - Lights on Cowl & 130w 8" ProComps - Full Skids-RockLizard Super Skink Sliders-Front Hitch
Frankenlifted-Al's A-Arms-Goodyear Duractracs 31x10.5R15x7 Cragar D Window 4"bs-Cobra 75WXST - 4' Firestick
4.10s sitting in a box - 3

Sold-1988 Suzuki Samurai
2002 Jeep TJ


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Opinion on Alignment (Spec Sheet Inside)
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:44 am 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:56 am
Posts: 305
Yeah, thats a B.S. alignment. I've done a LOT of 4 wheel alignments on a variety of vehicles and that spec sheet reeks of someone getting lazy and giving you a "toe and go". They saw the lift and decided that was a good enough excuse not to touch the rest because how would you know if there was actually enough adjustment to get in spec or not.

_________________
2006 Sport 4X4, Deep Beryl Green, NSG370, NV241J, Lifted with OME 927/948 and Bilstein, JBA 4.5 UCA's, Custom 3" Rear Y-Link Extension and Swaybar Relocation, 265/75-16 Toyo Open Country AT2 tires, Black Plastidipped bumpers, flares, and doors, Pioneer speakers, Alpine head unit, 1200w Phoenix Gold Amp, 12" Dayton Reference sub.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com