It is currently Fri Oct 09, 2026 4:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: I need light suggestions for an ARB bumper
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:22 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:54 am
Posts: 5827
Location: 7,000 feet, Zuni Mountains, New Mexico
Okay, July is almost here and my Mom will be asking for a Christmas List. I know what your thinking, but she likes to start early. :lol: This year I’m going to put lights on the list. 8) I need some light suggestions that will fit nicely on the ARB bumper.

Image

_________________
2015 Ram Ecodiesel/Big Horn/4x4/Quad Cab
2016 Arctic Fox 22G/Onboard 2500 LP Cummins Onan Generator/160 Watt Solar Panel

I took the road less traveled. Now I'm LOST.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I need light suggestions for an ARB bumper
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:31 pm 
Offline
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:49 pm
Posts: 27226
Location: NOW Southeastern Ohio/ Tanzania
As far as size goes, 6 inch work good, I had some 8s for a while but I thought they looked too big
Lightforce are great lights

_________________
MUDD'S MOTORSPORT'S We do IFS lift installs ,
03 OVERLAND EDITION /Kilby-Skidrow-Mopar-4XGuard skids/ 2.5 inch TOTAL CONTROL JBA coilovers -JBA Arms/MOABS-31 FALKEN WILDPEAK AT3W / 4.10's etc, 04 Kilimanjaro Edition loaded, plus 05 KJ limited


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I need light suggestions for an ARB bumper
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:00 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:46 pm
Posts: 1778
Location: Queens, New York
This is Tommudd's truck from a while back..
These lights are the ProComp 130watt 8inch lights. http://www.amazon.com/Explorer-Pro-Comp ... B000CNBSK6
(Tom, I hope you don't mind me posting a picture of your truck :lol: )
Image

I bought them from him, and I love them. I also like big lights.
If it is possible without getting in the way of the winch, I would bring them slightly inward, I think they sit too close to the bull bar.

_________________
-dbk
SOLD2007 6 Speed - Projector Retrofit -Custom LED Tail Lights - Lights on Cowl & 130w 8" ProComps - Full Skids-RockLizard Super Skink Sliders-Front Hitch
Frankenlifted-Al's A-Arms-Goodyear Duractracs 31x10.5R15x7 Cragar D Window 4"bs-Cobra 75WXST - 4' Firestick
4.10s sitting in a box - 3

Sold-1988 Suzuki Samurai
2002 Jeep TJ


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I need light suggestions for an ARB bumper
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:32 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:54 am
Posts: 5827
Location: 7,000 feet, Zuni Mountains, New Mexico
Infernicus, thanks for the pic. That gives me an idea of what I’m looking at. 8” is too big for my liking, but I’m sure they do a fine job. :wink:

_________________
2015 Ram Ecodiesel/Big Horn/4x4/Quad Cab
2016 Arctic Fox 22G/Onboard 2500 LP Cummins Onan Generator/160 Watt Solar Panel

I took the road less traveled. Now I'm LOST.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I need light suggestions for an ARB bumper
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:37 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:54 am
Posts: 3865
Location: Draper, UT
Depends if you're a serious enthusiast or not.... you probably dont want to scratch that pretty paint job anyway so just go with something that looks the part.

_________________
2006 CRD http://www.UtahPowderCoatings.com/ http://www.gorecon.com/ I'm kind of a big deal.
RL rear bumper, ARB front bumper, Mile Marker winch, Power Tank, Skids by Mopar & Skid Row, RL Super Skink Sliders, 235/85R16 MTR, Air Flow Snorkel, DTT, 4.10 gears, Frankenlift II, Katskin leather, JL Audio stereo, Rosen video.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I need light suggestions for an ARB bumper
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:35 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:31 pm
Posts: 366
Location: Norfolk, VA / Carova Beach, NC
I went with the Hella stock Compass Rallye lights (same as the 05+ Renegade/Wrangler units) I chose the Compass ones because I liked the Jeep Covers.

Image

Covers shown on my wifes KJ

_________________
Current Jeeps:
2004 KJ Sport, 1977 CJ-5 Renegade
Jeeps I no longer have:
2003 KJ Limited, 2002 KJ Renegade, 2002 KJ Sport 2WD, 2002 KJ Sport, 2000 XJ SE 2WD, 1998 ZJ Laredo, 1996 XJ Country , 1990 YJ, 1991 SJ Grand Wagoneer, 1979 SJ Wagoneer
Projects I am looking for:
1996-2001 XJ, 1980-1988 AMC Eagle Wagon


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I need light suggestions for an ARB bumper
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:48 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:54 am
Posts: 5827
Location: 7,000 feet, Zuni Mountains, New Mexico
I think I’ll go with the IPF 968’s. The reviews are top notch, and they seem to be brighter than most competitors.

Dimensions: Round: 7"h x 6.5"w x 3"d
High Impact, Black Resin Body
55W & 100W Halogen Bulbs
Polished, Hardened Glass Lens
Multi Direction Mounting System

Lights with the Solid White Covers
Image

Lights with the Rock/Brush Guard Covers
Image

Lights with the Clear Covers
Image

_________________
2015 Ram Ecodiesel/Big Horn/4x4/Quad Cab
2016 Arctic Fox 22G/Onboard 2500 LP Cummins Onan Generator/160 Watt Solar Panel

I took the road less traveled. Now I'm LOST.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I need light suggestions for an ARB bumper
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:54 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:04 am
Posts: 824
Location: Canada
6" PIAA Shock Lamps, There Killer and HID
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I need light suggestions for an ARB bumper
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:18 pm 
Offline
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:49 pm
Posts: 27226
Location: NOW Southeastern Ohio/ Tanzania
These Hellas are about the same size ( 7 inches to top of the light mounted etc) as what you are looking at to give you some reference, not good shots but something to work from anyways
Image
Image

_________________
MUDD'S MOTORSPORT'S We do IFS lift installs ,
03 OVERLAND EDITION /Kilby-Skidrow-Mopar-4XGuard skids/ 2.5 inch TOTAL CONTROL JBA coilovers -JBA Arms/MOABS-31 FALKEN WILDPEAK AT3W / 4.10's etc, 04 Kilimanjaro Edition loaded, plus 05 KJ limited


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I need light suggestions for an ARB bumper
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:35 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict

Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:12 pm
Posts: 2476
Location: Jamestown PA
i think my stock hella renny ones are about the perfect size.. and works great with the winch box. plenty of room without looking too small or crowded
Image

and with some nice yellow bulbs.. they are BRIGHT! (silvania silverstars and nokia or something hyper yellow fogs)

Image
Image
Image

_________________
2006 Renegade. Completely stock.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I need light suggestions for an ARB bumper
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:08 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:54 am
Posts: 5827
Location: 7,000 feet, Zuni Mountains, New Mexico
Thanks Tom, those look better. I really like the size that Alex is running on his bumper.

Dang, I need some OME CRD coils on my KJ. Your Jeep looks good Alex. :JEEPIN:

_________________
2015 Ram Ecodiesel/Big Horn/4x4/Quad Cab
2016 Arctic Fox 22G/Onboard 2500 LP Cummins Onan Generator/160 Watt Solar Panel

I took the road less traveled. Now I'm LOST.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com