It is currently Tue Oct 06, 2026 10:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: ARB Bumper install?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:42 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:48 am
Posts: 191
Does anyone have a write-up of an ARB bumper install on a 2005-2008? I'm seriously considering dropping the change for one. I live in Asheville NC, and the closest FourWheel parts is in Charlotte, about a two and a half hour drive from me. They have one in a warehouse if FL, and can have it here in two days. They want $255 to install it, and that's alot on top of an already expensive bumper!

_________________
Black '05 Renegade. Front suspension: Frankenlift, Moog HD LBJ's, Audiboy cut CV's
Rear suspension: OME 948's, 2 extra upper ISO's, Rancho RS 5000 shocks.
31X10.50X15 Duratrac's/ProComp 152's
ARB bumper, Mopar skids, JCR stage III's, Reese hitch with tractor lights, Champion shackle insert, "homebrew" on board air, 1000 watt inverter


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ARB Bumper install?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:20 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:13 pm
Posts: 219
Location: Bergen County, New Jersey
With two people tips 4 hours. Very easy install.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ARB Bumper install?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:58 pm 
Offline
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:49 pm
Posts: 27226
Location: NOW Southeastern Ohio/ Tanzania
Heck I installed mine by myself in less than two hours
takes longer to drill the holes than anything else, rest is easy
good drill bits and go to town
I have a write up for the 02-04s basically the same except for the fenders
shoot me your email and I can send it

_________________
MUDD'S MOTORSPORT'S We do IFS lift installs ,
03 OVERLAND EDITION /Kilby-Skidrow-Mopar-4XGuard skids/ 2.5 inch TOTAL CONTROL JBA coilovers -JBA Arms/MOABS-31 FALKEN WILDPEAK AT3W / 4.10's etc, 04 Kilimanjaro Edition loaded, plus 05 KJ limited


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ARB Bumper install?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:06 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:13 pm
Posts: 219
Location: Bergen County, New Jersey
Basically an easy install, don't be intimated by it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ARB Bumper install?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:09 pm 
Offline
JACKRABBIT
JACKRABBIT

Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:26 pm
Posts: 3970
Location: Phoenix, AZ
tommudd wrote:
Heck I installed mine by myself in less than two hours
takes longer to drill the holes than anything else, rest is easy
good drill bits and go to town
I have a write up for the 02-04s basically the same except for the fenders
shoot me your email and I can send it

yea, the drilling of holes is the pain...

_________________
Steve
2018 RAM 1500 Rebel
2003 KJ
Mods:Exterior: Frankenlift + 2 extra rear iso, JBA UCAs, ARB Bumper w/XRC8, Safari Snorkel, 265/75/16 AT, Mopar Skids, Boulderbars, RL Gecko Sport Rack
Interior: Infinity Reference speakers, 12" Alpine Type R Sub, Alpine radio, Gauge Pods (Oil, Volts), Cobra Cb, All J Interior Rack


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ARB Bumper install?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:44 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:31 pm
Posts: 366
Location: Norfolk, VA / Carova Beach, NC
STINGN wrote:
tommudd wrote:
Heck I installed mine by myself in less than two hours
takes longer to drill the holes than anything else, rest is easy
good drill bits and go to town
I have a write up for the 02-04s basically the same except for the fenders
shoot me your email and I can send it

yea, the drilling of holes is the pain...


X3

_________________
Current Jeeps:
2004 KJ Sport, 1977 CJ-5 Renegade
Jeeps I no longer have:
2003 KJ Limited, 2002 KJ Renegade, 2002 KJ Sport 2WD, 2002 KJ Sport, 2000 XJ SE 2WD, 1998 ZJ Laredo, 1996 XJ Country , 1990 YJ, 1991 SJ Grand Wagoneer, 1979 SJ Wagoneer
Projects I am looking for:
1996-2001 XJ, 1980-1988 AMC Eagle Wagon


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ARB Bumper install?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:33 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 11:20 am
Posts: 19
Super easy. Just follow the directions and make sure you have a good set of drill bits. I did it by myself on my 02 in less than 4 hours.

_________________
2002 KJ Sport, 3.7L v6, Manual Trans., 2.5" Lift, 265/75/16 AT's, RRO Sliders, RRO Adventure Roof Rack, 4 IPF 968s, ARB Bull Bar, K&N FIPK.
1982 Chevy Luv 4x4 Diesel


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com