It is currently Mon Oct 05, 2026 6:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Interest in Aftermarket Timing Belt Job Kit
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:20 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:15 am
Posts: 5431
Location: Tallahassee, Florida
At $12 it's an in-line right?

_________________
Sold to LOST member my 05 Ltd, GDE Stg II turbo + TCM tune, SunCoast TC w. Transgo kit, Steiger window regulators, Samcos, Fumoto valve, 2nd gen filter head with Lub. Spec. bleeder, Hayden clutch & 11 blade fan, inverted spare, P-1 battery, BF Goodrich Long Trail TAs, Etecno1 glow plugs, timing belt at 50K miles/8 yrs


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Interest in Aftermarket Timing Belt Job Kit
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:20 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict

Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:26 pm
Posts: 1130
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Yes, I'm interested. At 6 years the TB's reached it's best before date. Hopefully you can be kind to us on cross border shipping.

_________________
Share your ideas freely at https://www.facebook.com/groups/libertydiesels/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Interest in Aftermarket Timing Belt Job Kit
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:22 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie

Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:26 pm
Posts: 943
Location: West Coast, Canada
BlackLibertyCRD wrote:
WolverineFW wrote:
I would think about it only if it had a Gates belt. My boss buys Dayco belts at work and they are cheap garbage.


The belt from the dealer is Goodyear so that should be consider.


Agreed. The Goodyear ones I have used are fine.

_________________
2006 Liberty CRD Limited

Provent @ 43,000 km
SEGR in progress
SAMCO Sport hoses @ 48500 km
Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac LT225/75R16


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Interest in Aftermarket Timing Belt Job Kit
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:00 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:53 pm
Posts: 29
Location: Menomonie, WI
papaindigo - Yes it is an inline, housingless, thermostat :)

dirtmover wrote:
Yes, I'm interested. At 6 years the TB's reached it's best before date. Hopefully you can be kind to us on cross border shipping.


I have a customer that hauls campers into Canada regularly, I may be able to convince him to carry them across the border and mail them to you once across if that is a feasible way of skirting around silly taxes and fees :)

_________________
Stan
Mine - 94 Ram CTD not even remotely stock - 99 V8 RWD Intrepid, Carb'd 5.2 in front of a 42RH with an 8.25 out back.
Hers - 06 Liberty CRD, ORM, EHM, soon to have 3" TURBO back exhaust (yes I like overkill, my truck has two turbos :P )


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Interest in Aftermarket Timing Belt Job Kit
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:59 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:56 pm
Posts: 33
Location: Brookfield, IL
I'm interested too. 91,000 and starting to plan.

_________________
2006 CRD Lt Khaki Limited
Heated Leather, Sun Roof


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Interest in Aftermarket Timing Belt Job Kit
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:24 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:42 pm
Posts: 235
I had a dream last night or should I say a nightmare of my TB breaking so I am interested as well

_________________
Silver 05 sport crd-Ehm,Orm,wix oversized oilfilter,shell rotell,2nd gen fuelhead,Fumoto oil drain valve,muffler delete,cat removed,V6 airbox swap,evic added,HVAC controls modded, Franken lifted II,hercules Terra Tracs 245/75/16,Full l.e.d. interior swap,hayden fan clutch and nylon fan


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Interest in Aftermarket Timing Belt Job Kit
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:27 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:27 am
Posts: 67
Location: Lowcounty,SC
Ours 1s 92K and 23.5 mpg w inline 192 degree thermo. I'll be first in line if possible. Does anyone have the tools available near SC?

_________________
05 Liberty Sport (SEGR, Elephant hose, Caseless inline thermostat, Weeks Elbow, 7V Etecnos, V-6 airbox w/splashguard, Aussie shroud, Bees Timing belt procedure w/ IDPARTS, EVIC added, Leather Seats installed, Moog LBJs)
02 Jetta TDI wagon GLS (elephant hose mod), 5-Spd swap, Bilsteins, TT bushings
I stand UNDER my work!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Interest in Aftermarket Timing Belt Job Kit
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:59 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:43 am
Posts: 41
Location: Nanaimo, BC
I'm interested. I don't need the thermostat but I need everything else. I'm in Canada.

_________________
2006 CRD, SEGR, EHM, added EVIC and Katzkin leather seats, GDE Ecotune, H&R lift springs, Bilstien Shocks, 245/70R16 Michelin LTX (210,000km)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Interest in Aftermarket Timing Belt Job Kit
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:08 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:26 pm
Posts: 62
Sitting at 91 k put me on the list

_________________
2005 Sport CRD
GDE Eco Tune
245/75 on Moabs
Magnaflow (ish) exhaust


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Interest in Aftermarket Timing Belt Job Kit
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:54 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:17 pm
Posts: 47
Location: Niagara Falls Canada
I gather this topic is regarding timing belt replacement parts. If you are planning a bulk purchase, I am also interested as I only have a few k to go.
Where is the original post?

John

_________________
2005 Liberty 2.8CRD
Eco Tune and Love It


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Interest in Aftermarket Timing Belt Job Kit
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:00 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:17 pm
Posts: 47
Location: Niagara Falls Canada
For the other Canadian, I have a PO box in Buffalo and could collect your parts also.

J

_________________
2005 Liberty 2.8CRD
Eco Tune and Love It


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Interest in Aftermarket Timing Belt Job Kit
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:17 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:34 am
Posts: 865
Location: Long Island, NY
I know I posted earlier in this thread but I'll be going this route when my time comes.

http://idparts.com/catalog/product_info ... ts_id=2721

Here's the thread about the site.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=65555

_________________
Horse Power: How fast you hit a wall.
Torque: How much of the wall you take with you.

06 CRD
OME HD w/clevis top plate
JBA 4.5 UCAs
245/75/16r Goodyear Duratrax
Fumoto Valve, V6 ABM
Rock Lizard Super Skinks
Cobra 75 WX ST
ECO GDE tune, 2.5 straight piped
ProVent, Samcoed
Non F37ed TCM
DieHard P1


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Interest in Aftermarket Timing Belt Job Kit
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:45 am 
Offline
LOST Newbie
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:53 pm
Posts: 29
Location: Menomonie, WI
VMKJCRD wrote:
I know I posted earlier in this thread but I'll be going this route when my time comes.

http://idparts.com/catalog/product_info ... ts_id=2721

Here's the thread about the site.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=65555


No worries, my supplier is having issues with the tensioners for some reason. So, your post is helpful in pointing me to another possible place to acquire parts. I will contact them and see if they offer wholesale discounts of sorts to shops and place my price somewhere inbetween if possible :)

_________________
Stan
Mine - 94 Ram CTD not even remotely stock - 99 V8 RWD Intrepid, Carb'd 5.2 in front of a 42RH with an 8.25 out back.
Hers - 06 Liberty CRD, ORM, EHM, soon to have 3" TURBO back exhaust (yes I like overkill, my truck has two turbos :P )


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Interest in Aftermarket Timing Belt Job Kit
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:07 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:53 pm
Posts: 29
Location: Menomonie, WI
VMKJCRD wrote:
I know I posted earlier in this thread but I'll be going this route when my time comes.

http://idparts.com/catalog/product_info ... ts_id=2721

Here's the thread about the site.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=65555


I Called the guys at idparts.com and talked to Corey. Great guy, and from my first impressions a great company to deal with. It seems it won't be worth my time fighting with poor availability through my suppliers when there is s company already offering a kit with quality parts at a great price. So I tip my hat to the guys at idparts.com and simply recommend those looking for timing belt components to them.

_________________
Stan
Mine - 94 Ram CTD not even remotely stock - 99 V8 RWD Intrepid, Carb'd 5.2 in front of a 42RH with an 8.25 out back.
Hers - 06 Liberty CRD, ORM, EHM, soon to have 3" TURBO back exhaust (yes I like overkill, my truck has two turbos :P )


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Interest in Aftermarket Timing Belt Job Kit
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:26 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:34 pm
Posts: 2590
Location: America
VMKJCRD wrote:
I know I posted earlier in this thread but I'll be going this route when my time comes.

http://idparts.com/catalog/product_info ... ts_id=2721



I see they also sell the TB cover gasket separate? Does that need to be replaced? Is it likely to break?

_________________
20 year owner of Libby CRD!
2006 LTD Bright Silver loaded with all the needed mods, CCV intact.
Equipped with HDS thermostat, plenty of heat, faster warm-ups, increased fuel mileage.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Interest in Aftermarket Timing Belt Job Kit
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:12 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:34 pm
Posts: 2590
Location: America
VMKJCRD wrote:
I know I posted earlier in this thread but I'll be going this route when my time comes.

http://idparts.com/catalog/product_info ... ts_id=2721

Here's the thread about the site.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=65555


I also notice standard or OE on the tensioner and water pump. Are the standard ones any good.

_________________
20 year owner of Libby CRD!
2006 LTD Bright Silver loaded with all the needed mods, CCV intact.
Equipped with HDS thermostat, plenty of heat, faster warm-ups, increased fuel mileage.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Interest in Aftermarket Timing Belt Job Kit
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:08 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:34 pm
Posts: 2590
Location: America
I ordered the standard kit after a phone call, the tensioner is made in Canada by Litens, and the pump is from Europe.

_________________
20 year owner of Libby CRD!
2006 LTD Bright Silver loaded with all the needed mods, CCV intact.
Equipped with HDS thermostat, plenty of heat, faster warm-ups, increased fuel mileage.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Interest in Aftermarket Timing Belt Job Kit
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:34 am 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:48 pm
Posts: 278
flman - thanks for calling.

I was in another room when you called so you spoke to one of my colleagues. He was mistaken in that the Crown tensioner is not from Litens in Canada, but rather by Crown themselves. The bearing is from NTN, however. Please call if you'd like to speak with me (Corey) directly or if you want to swap tensioners.

That being said this tensioner design is very simple, its an eccentric circle, so I am not concerned about it failing, especially since Crown uses a brand-name bearing.

The OEM-Mopar tensioner uses a Litens tensioning assembly, though I do not know who they source their bearings from.

_________________
2005 KJ CRD - EURO TC, GDE ECO-FT, GDE TRANS, Lift Pump(<- hard to install, worth it) = 32+ MPG highway and a great ride
Product & Catalog Director @ IDParts.com (888) 444-7951 sales@idparts.com http://www.idparts.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Interest in Aftermarket Timing Belt Job Kit
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:57 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:34 pm
Posts: 2590
Location: America
cevans wrote:
flman - thanks for calling.

I was in another room when you called so you spoke to one of my colleagues. He was mistaken in that the Crown tensioner is not from Litens in Canada, but rather by Crown themselves. The bearing is from NTN, however. Please call if you'd like to speak with me (Corey) directly or if you want to swap tensioners.

That being said this tensioner design is very simple, its an eccentric circle, so I am not concerned about it failing, especially since Crown uses a brand-name bearing.

The OEM-Mopar tensioner uses a Litens tensioning assembly, though I do not know who they source their bearings from.


Sounds all good to me as long as it is not Made in China. :google:

_________________
20 year owner of Libby CRD!
2006 LTD Bright Silver loaded with all the needed mods, CCV intact.
Equipped with HDS thermostat, plenty of heat, faster warm-ups, increased fuel mileage.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Interest in Aftermarket Timing Belt Job Kit
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:25 am 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:07 pm
Posts: 21
Location: Marlborough, CT
I'm in, now, I'm at 110K and need to do it. $400 with the Gates and no Thermostat, already did inline.
Paul

_________________
05 CRD Sport 2 1/2" RR lift, EHM, ORM, Predator II module
99 Ford F350 6" Superlift, V10!, 38.5x15" TSLs, 4.56s.....


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com