tregrrr wrote:
Just out of curiosity....considering the degree of complexity in changing it and risk associated with failure, why would anyone want a used TB?? they are only like 75$ online
Just curious, not trying to be an jerk or anything...
Well, I'm practically giving the belt away. Most people would never use it. I just thought if you were on a long trip and you needed a belt in a pinch, it would be nice to have.
But on second thought, these are interference engines, so if your belt goes... your valvetrain is probably going to go with it.
The water pump alone is $190 or more new.. so at half price I felt it was a fair deal. Plus, it's hard to get your hands on a water pump. there are not many of them in the nation. I'm going to scrape up what else I have left. I know I've got some pulleys, gaskets, etc.. and everything was working fine when removed.