It is currently Wed Oct 07, 2026 7:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Transmission fill tube question
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:43 am 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:53 pm
Posts: 8
I have a question on the transmission dipstick (fill tube). I am trying to remove the bolt that holds it in place so I can completely clear it out of the way for the re-installation of the valve cover. I used a LONG 9/16" box end wrench and was able to break the bolt free. Since I can't actually reach the bolt with my fingers I know I'll never get it back in so I have not completely removed it at this point, only loosened it. My question is: Does this bolt attach to the back of the head at a random attachment point designed just to attach the tube or is it a transmission or other bolt hole that just happens to have the tube attached? It was very hard to break free so I assume it was torqued pretty tight for some reason... I have tried bending the tube and moving it but it doesn't do that too well. If I could get it out of the way it would make installation of the valve cover a lot simpler. Hopefully this might help others as well. Thanks

Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Transmission fill tube question
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:38 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:15 am
Posts: 5431
Location: Tallahassee, Florida
IIRC from other chats the bolt can be reached with long extensions from underneath the vehicle

_________________
Sold to LOST member my 05 Ltd, GDE Stg II turbo + TCM tune, SunCoast TC w. Transgo kit, Steiger window regulators, Samcos, Fumoto valve, 2nd gen filter head with Lub. Spec. bleeder, Hayden clutch & 11 blade fan, inverted spare, P-1 battery, BF Goodrich Long Trail TAs, Etecno1 glow plugs, timing belt at 50K miles/8 yrs


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Transmission fill tube question
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:53 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie

Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:26 pm
Posts: 943
Location: West Coast, Canada
I would not take it out if at all possible. A couple people have had their mounting point break and mentioned it was a royal pain to reintall a new tube and get it tightened back up.

_________________
2006 Liberty CRD Limited

Provent @ 43,000 km
SEGR in progress
SAMCO Sport hoses @ 48500 km
Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac LT225/75R16


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: SJBrooks and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com