Many of the colors seen in 2002-2004 were never seen again in the KJ/KK line. Most of the paint colors chosen for the Liberty did not come from the TJ or WJ line of Jeeps but from the Dodge Dakota/Durango/Ram line of trucks.
Year specific colors were (supposedly until Sarah's find):
2002
====
Salsa Red
Woodland Brown
Steel Blue
2004
====
Deep Molten Red
(actually I misspoke Timberline Green way available 2003-04)
Many other colors were available for 2 years too -- Dark Garnet Red (2002-03), Shale Green (2002-2003), Timberline Green 2003-04), and Deep Beryl Green (2005-06).
Other colors, Like Atlantic Blue, went for 3 years, but by 2007 (the last year of the KJ), all the "bright" (read, "non-manly") colors were gone and the only colors offered in that year were:
Black
White
Silver
Inferno Red
Dark Green
Light Khaki
Midnight Blue
(which is hysterically funny to me because this is the same year that they started pushing Dodge Dakotas/Durangos in those SAME bright colors!!!)
The 2008 KK color-palette was even darker, and it was not until 2009 that the KK was available in Sunburst Orange (though personally I have never seen one in this color as it was only available that year); with 2010 bringing back Salsa Red (KK Renegade only) and introducing Natural Green; 2011 brought out Bronze Star (which I have seen) and Blackberry (which I have not); and 2012 brought out Rescue Green (KK Sport only), True Blue, and Winter Chill (none of which I have ever seen).
AFAIK, unlike the YJ/TJ/JK Wranglers, the KJ/KK Liberty has never been produced in Yellow, and was only produced in Orange for one year (2009).
Chrysler is known for using one color as their "primary" advertising and sales color for a specific year. I was happy to buy a Atlantic Blue KJ in 2004 (the second 4 years it was available) because it had been a rare color in 2003 and a fairly uncommon one in 2004. Unfortunately in 2005, it became the "model year color" for the "new" (updated) 2005 KJ Liberty. All of the sudden I had a hard time finding mine in the parking lot.
