It is currently Thu Oct 08, 2026 12:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Future CRD Owner, in Quest
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:25 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:14 pm
Posts: 27
Location: Howell MI
Hello,

I'm new to this forum though not new to diesels and I'm on a quest to acquire an 06 version. I'm really putting myself in a difficult spot to find one specific year. However, the stability control is important to me and I'll hold out till I find one.

There's been a couple of 06 Limited versions with millage less than 80k near me in the $12k range that have slipped from my clutches in the past couple of weeks. So, they do come up around here once in a while. However, I'm not opposed to drive one back from a day's drive away. And, it does not have to be a Limited but the price needs to be right.

I'm scouring craigslist, cars.com, vehix, autotrader, cardirect and ebay daily. Any other leads people here can provide are appreciated.

Thanks


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Future CRD Owner, in Quest
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:31 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:06 pm
Posts: 148
Location: Montreal
Where are you located?

_________________
2007 Grand Cherokee CRD, GDE ECO and DPF delete.
2006 CRD Limited, GDE ECO Full TQ and TCM tunes. SOLD


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Future CRD Owner, in Quest
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:42 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:14 pm
Posts: 27
Location: Howell MI
Radman wrote:
Where are you located?


Sorry, I just edited my location. I'm in SE Michigan between Lansing and Detroit.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Future CRD Owner, in Quest
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:44 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2005 8:19 pm
Posts: 39
Location: New Jersey
I am selling a pristine 2005 CRD for $11,500. It has 72,000 miles driven by my wife.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Future CRD Owner, in Quest
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:07 am 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:43 am
Posts: 233
Location: Marina Del Rey, CA
...for the record, I was considering flying to PA from California to pick up a promising CRD at one point. Only reason I didn't was that one popped up in Vegas two days before I was going to buy a one-way ticket.

Road trips are fun. :JEEPIN: Good excuse to throw a sleeping back in the rucksack, buy some Red Vines & get ready to meet some interesting people along the way.

_________________
2006 CRD w/99,300 miles
F31 from a previous life
EHM @ 42K, ProVent @ 79K
GDE Eco Tune & TCM @ 46K
Engine mounts replaced @ 55k/93k, Timing Belt @ 90k
Lift Pump @ 97k
OME Lift, 1.5''
Kenwood TM-V71 Ham Radio / Cobra C75WX CB
Surf Racks
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Future CRD Owner, in Quest
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:32 am 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:51 pm
Posts: 6302
Location: Somewhere between Heaven and Hell... But it is really hot here on Earth...
Road trips like that are a BLAST to do. I'm actually looking at doing something like that in the next couple weeks when adding another diesel to the fleet.

_________________
Proud supporting vendor of LOST Jeeps
TRAVELING CRD TECH. I come to you!
Need help? Just ask! I've taken it apart more than most.
Email jeep [at] maincomputer [dot] com - BOARD MESSAGING IS BROKEN
Over 225 CRDs currently driving with my valves, timing belt, rockers, or ARP Studs.
Bad noises = REALLY bad things.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Future CRD Owner, in Quest
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:44 am 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:14 pm
Posts: 27
Location: Howell MI
NJBill wrote:
I am selling a pristine 2005 CRD for $11,500. It has 72,000 miles driven by my wife.


Thanks for the offer. But, as I said above, I'm looking for a 2006 model.

Good luck.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Future CRD Owner, in Quest
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:12 am 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:33 pm
Posts: 6
Have a 06 limited 100 miles. Forest green with cloth. Montreal quebec.
Pm if you want more detail or pics.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Future CRD Owner, in Quest
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:27 am 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:33 pm
Posts: 6
Timing strap is due in 1500 miles. I can get it done or you can take care of it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Future CRD Owner, in Quest
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:06 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:51 pm
Posts: 6302
Location: Somewhere between Heaven and Hell... But it is really hot here on Earth...
Cjay - Just for clarity, I think you might want to check your numbers, I think a few zeros got missed.

I'm surprised that you posted in miles rather than kilometers, but obviously your CRD doesn't just have 100 miles on it and the timing belt is due at 100,000 miles... Not 1500 miles.

Sounds like it might be what he wants however!

_________________
Proud supporting vendor of LOST Jeeps
TRAVELING CRD TECH. I come to you!
Need help? Just ask! I've taken it apart more than most.
Email jeep [at] maincomputer [dot] com - BOARD MESSAGING IS BROKEN
Over 225 CRDs currently driving with my valves, timing belt, rockers, or ARP Studs.
Bad noises = REALLY bad things.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Future CRD Owner, in Quest
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:46 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:33 pm
Posts: 6
Sorry. 100,000 miles. Actually 158000 km plus or minus what I drove yesterday. Pics

Image

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Future CRD Owner, in Quest
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:04 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:16 pm
Posts: 3059
Location: Oxford, Connecticut
NJBill wrote:
I am selling a pristine 2005 CRD for $11,500. It has 72,000 miles driven by my wife.



Bill is yours a limited?

_________________
2006 Liberty Limited CRD, Deep Beryl Green, Yeti tune, Arp studs, new cams, rockers, lifters, TB. "Green Monster"
2005 Liberty Sport CRD, Deep Beryl Green, GDE Hot Tune, ARP studs. "Rocket"
1982 Fiat 124 Spider Convertible. "Fiona"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Future CRD Owner, in Quest, Quest is Over!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:19 am 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:14 pm
Posts: 27
Location: Howell MI
Following up, I picked up this CRD on Saturday;

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=66407

I don't know if he'll check on here but, many thanks to liberty2.8 for working with me on the deal.

The road trip (650mi) was kind of boring but it gave me lots of seat time. My millage was not that great at less than 20mpg but I did make observations that will direct me as to what to do next.

Thanks for the leads.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Future CRD Owner, in Quest, Quest is Over!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:38 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:51 pm
Posts: 255
Location: Madison, AL
TestDriver wrote:
Following up, I picked up this CRD on Saturday;

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=66407

I don't know if he'll check on here but, many thanks to liberty2.8 for working with me on the deal.

The road trip (650mi) was kind of boring but it gave me lots of seat time. My millage was not that great at less than 20mpg but I did make observations that will direct me as to what to do next.

Thanks for the leads.

TestDriver, you should have gotten much better than that on the open road. I averaged 20-21 in city and on those long hauls back and forth to Louisiana I got about 27. Watch your right foot and you should do better. Also keep the Edge switched at middle position. I always had to add 10% to actual odometer reading during hand calculations because of known odometer error.

And your welcome, I hope it serves you well and keep us updated on your experiments :)

_________________
Solar Yellow 2001 TJ Sport 4.0 auto 4X4
White 2006 Liberty Limited 2.8 CRD 4X4...SOLD 4-21-2012


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com