farmall wrote:
I am going thru the 100k timing belt replacement. Is moparpartsonline the only source for the timing belt idler pulley. They are roght at $90 ea right now. I am probably nearer to 115k miles but an excesssive out-of-town-for-long-periods work schedule has keep me from this task. I am going for the minor work this time and will get to the waterpump next go round. Thanks guys.
There has been some discussion lately with regard to quality of parts from suppliers outside of the OEM chain. Some of that conversation is included in the thread reference below.
By way of an example, if you search for 5142573AA on Google (click 'shopping', sort for low price), Crown's part appears available for under $45 individually with shipping included.
Be interesting to hear the consensus - but whatever goes in you want to have some sense the part will be Ok 100k miles from now.
A good alternate source is the shop that's putting the timing belt kit together:
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=65184My guess is that he has some sound advice on quality along with good leads on alternative suppliers.
Mark