GreenDieselEngineering wrote:
warp2diesel wrote:
papaindigo wrote:
2. Yes - the EGR is pretty much neutered along with lots of other features of the tune.
Read GDE's posting, they claim to reduce and not eliminate the EGR.
Kinda like poking a few tiny holes in a condom.
To eliminate the EGR, you need SEGR or ORM, add a plate to be sure, then the EGR is neutered.
Really?? Why would you post something about a tune you do not have and do not know the details about? Your statement is not accurate. We have not had a single customer with an EGR issue after tuning, nor have any customers experienced any additional soot build up in the intake manifold. The GDE tune is for "off-road use only" much like any other tuner in the industry. The GDE tunes accomplish the same thing as ORM or SEGR plus numerous other modifications to improve boost reaction, fuel economy, performance, driveability and the list goes on. I understand you do not like GDE tunes, but please do not disparage us like a politician.
You make accusations of being political but you go for the emotional argument and use political tactical slams with your unprofessional comments. Encouraging one to refer to your published specifications, is above board and should be encouraged by you, for both legal and ethical reasons.
Here are some of your past quotes," The fuel economy gains we achieved are better due to a combination of using no EGR, advanced injection timing, slightly higher fuel pressure, increased boost and modified pilot injection events." In reality, you do use EGR in brief 1/2 Second Bursts when the accelerator is pressed. Quote from geordi,"Where my belief that the SEGR can still be beneficial is based is from observation of the electronic commands to the EGR from the computer, scanned using the AutoEnginuity system. Whenever the go-pedal is released while in gear, the EGR signal shifts from closed to open for approximately half a second. The problem I see with this, is that while the computer is commanding it this fast, the motor is most likely not fast enough to respond to it before being commanded to move in the other direction. This could lead to a "vibrating" back-and-forth of the motor, causing its eventual burnout. I prefer to avoid this possibility, and I had already installed the SEGR, so I run both. Would I get a code by installing the SEGR bypass plug? I honestly do not know. That would be something I will try eventually. "
You never challenged geordi, one of your biggest supporters, you never told him he was incorrect.
Your claims that I know nothing about your tune is PURE BULL and another emotional argument, you publish your specifications and features, some of which I do not personally want, that is why I chose another vendor and made other modifications that I post in my signature.
One thing I do stand for "Politically" is My Political Liberty to make my own choices and vote with my wallet. Also when I see deceptive claims that are made by some of your users such as,"Yes - the EGR is pretty much neutered", I will call them out.
In reality an EGR does nothing beneficial for any Diesel engine except comply with regulations that are based upon flawed and in some cases, Junk science. Companies such as Bosch and Mazda have come up with EGR free solutions that produce results that exceed Government regulations, but they got screwed over by the Corrupt EPA who insisted on EGR. When I, or others see fraud on the part of the EPA, other Government Agencies, or Academics, they should be exposed and should have to suffer the same criminal and civil consequences as private industry.
Justice for the EPA would be to have it disbanded and replaced with an organization similar to SAE, ASAE, ASME,.... NEMA, that is made up of Environmental Engineers who take their profession and ethics more seriously than the Corrupt Political Agenda of the EPA that would even make Al Capone roll over in his grave.