It is currently Sat Oct 03, 2026 3:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: REPORT BAD SERVICE & PARTS
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:23 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:14 pm
Posts: 27
Location: Collinsville, IL
In a lot of the discussions there are comments about bad service, faulty parts and incorrect orders. When you have a bad experience with a distributor, part or service provider, come to this discussion and very carefully explain what happened. If your bad experience is resolved, make sure you update this thread.

It will benefit everyone to have one place to find issues, understand why they occurred and how others dealt with them.

_________________
06 Liberty CRD Sport
AMSOIL
Metal Glow Plugs
Fumoto valve
Samco
PML Tran Pan
GDE Eco Tune
Euro TC
Sasquatch Provent
EGR Delete
Weeks 101 Elbow
In-tank Lift Pump
Sasquatch airbox-to-turbo hose


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: REPORT BAD SERVICE & PARTS
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:46 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:38 pm
Posts: 12988
Location: Colorado Springs
In before the lock :BANANA:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: REPORT BAD SERVICE & PARTS
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:53 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:56 am
Posts: 305
The only person to wrench on my vehicles is me, and I buy carefully, often through the dealership I work at. I honestly can't give any bad reviews at this point.

_________________
2006 Sport 4X4, Deep Beryl Green, NSG370, NV241J, Lifted with OME 927/948 and Bilstein, JBA 4.5 UCA's, Custom 3" Rear Y-Link Extension and Swaybar Relocation, 265/75-16 Toyo Open Country AT2 tires, Black Plastidipped bumpers, flares, and doors, Pioneer speakers, Alpine head unit, 1200w Phoenix Gold Amp, 12" Dayton Reference sub.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: REPORT BAD SERVICE & PARTS
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:42 am 
Offline
SFA doesn't snap at the ball joint
SFA doesn't snap at the ball joint
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2005 7:12 pm
Posts: 2213
Location: Spokane, WA
:JEEPIN: :JEEPIN: :JEEPIN: :5SHOTS: :5SHOTS: I see this going very well based on the behavior and half truths I have seen on here lately... :5SHOTS: :5SHOTS: :JEEPIN: :JEEPIN:

standing by for flamers who think they are too important for real life that have invaded our nice old board :CAMPING: :POPCORN:

_________________
I'm baaaaccckkk...
LOST Member 10
If you can read this you don't need glasses, go Wheel your Jeep!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: REPORT BAD SERVICE & PARTS
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:44 am 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:01 pm
Posts: 235
Location: Richmond, British Columbia, Canada
There's a shop in North Vancouver, B.C. called North Shore 4X4.
They don't consider Liberty's real Jeeps and according to them you can only use OME shocks with OME springs!
Oh and their customer service is a joke once they find out you own a Liberty they treat you like you have the Bubonic plague!
There's a shop in Richmond called Cap it, They too don't consider Liberty's real Jeeps. Couldn't even be bothered to say hello or can we be of any assistance after walking through their store for 10+ minutes.
Both good shops for mouth breathers.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: REPORT BAD SERVICE & PARTS
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:15 pm 
Offline
SFA doesn't snap at the ball joint
SFA doesn't snap at the ball joint
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2005 7:12 pm
Posts: 2213
Location: Spokane, WA
Ryn7 wrote:
There's a shop in North Vancouver, B.C. called North Shore 4X4.
They don't consider Liberty's real Jeeps and according to them you can only use OME shocks with OME springs!
Oh and their customer service is a joke once they find out you own a Liberty they treat you like you have the Bubonic plague!
There's a shop in Richmond called Cap it, They too don't consider Liberty's real Jeeps. Couldn't even be bothered to say hello or can we be of any assistance after walking through their store for 10+ minutes.
Both good shops for mouth breathers.



4Wheel Parts in the Springs and Denver are the same way, until they saw Troy and my Jeeps...And the guys in Denver know Nates Jeep

_________________
I'm baaaaccckkk...
LOST Member 10
If you can read this you don't need glasses, go Wheel your Jeep!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: REPORT BAD SERVICE & PARTS
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:24 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:35 pm
Posts: 4576
I went to the dealership, pick one :banghead:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: REPORT BAD SERVICE & PARTS
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:30 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie

Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:26 pm
Posts: 943
Location: West Coast, Canada
Ryn7 wrote:
There's a shop in North Vancouver, B.C. called North Shore 4X4.
They don't consider Liberty's real Jeeps and according to them you can only use OME shocks with OME springs!
Oh and their customer service is a joke once they find out you own a Liberty they treat you like you have the Bubonic plague!
There's a shop in Richmond called Cap it, They too don't consider Liberty's real Jeeps. Couldn't even be bothered to say hello or can we be of any assistance after walking through their store for 10+ minutes.
Both good shops for mouth breathers.


Cap-It does not even have to know what you drive....they don't bother to offer assistance anyway...expecially the Richmond one.

_________________
2006 Liberty CRD Limited

Provent @ 43,000 km
SEGR in progress
SAMCO Sport hoses @ 48500 km
Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac LT225/75R16


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: REPORT BAD SERVICE & PARTS
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:28 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:44 pm
Posts: 103
Location: IL
The OEM radiator I bought from the dealer for my 2002 was not completely correct. The attach points for the A/C condenser were not even. It hooked into the bottom, but the driver side top attaching point was too low. I used a wire tie to hold it.

The radiator is working, and is not leaking, but it was made in china... very disappointing when paying that price relative to an aftermarket and still getting something that is not 100% right.

_________________
2002 Liberty Limited 4WD, 3.7l V6
Steel Blue/Taupe
Selec-Trac, Offroad Group, Trailer Tow Group
1971 Dodge Challenger, 318cid, A904 Torqueflite


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: REPORT BAD SERVICE & PARTS
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:01 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:38 pm
Posts: 12988
Location: Colorado Springs
kj-dec wrote:
The OEM radiator I bought from the dealer for my 2002 was not completely correct. The attach points for the A/C condenser were not even. It hooked into the bottom, but the driver side top attaching point was too low. I used a wire tie to hold it.

The radiator is working, and is not leaking, but it was made in china... very disappointing when paying that price relative to an aftermarket and still getting something that is not 100% right.

If it was made in china it was not a OEM radiator.the OEM radiator is made in Mexico,always has been and always will be until they stop making OEM replacement parts for the KJ's.You bought a aftermarket radiator,sorry.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: REPORT BAD SERVICE & PARTS
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:33 am 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:44 pm
Posts: 103
Location: IL
tjkj2002 wrote:
If it was made in china it was not a OEM radiator.the OEM radiator is made in Mexico,always has been and always will be until they stop making OEM replacement parts for the KJ's.You bought a aftermarket radiator,sorry.


It was in a sealed box with Chrysler printing and labeling, had a Chrysler label on the radiator (top of the core so I can't see it now) and purchased from a local dealership as "original equipment". One of the labels on the box id'd the radiator as made in china.

I wish I'd snapped some pics of the box (its gone now). Are you certain that production hasn't been downsourced to china? If it was really not an OEM unit then there's end to end counterfeiting going on and that dealer is involved.

_________________
2002 Liberty Limited 4WD, 3.7l V6
Steel Blue/Taupe
Selec-Trac, Offroad Group, Trailer Tow Group
1971 Dodge Challenger, 318cid, A904 Torqueflite


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: REPORT BAD SERVICE & PARTS
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:43 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:38 pm
Posts: 12988
Location: Colorado Springs
kj-dec wrote:
tjkj2002 wrote:
If it was made in china it was not a OEM radiator.the OEM radiator is made in Mexico,always has been and always will be until they stop making OEM replacement parts for the KJ's.You bought a aftermarket radiator,sorry.


It was in a sealed box with Chrysler printing and labeling, had a Chrysler label on the radiator (top of the core so I can't see it now) and purchased from a local dealership as "original equipment". One of the labels on the box id'd the radiator as made in china.

I wish I'd snapped some pics of the box (its gone now). Are you certain that production hasn't been downsourced to china? If it was really not an OEM unit then there's end to end counterfeiting going on and that dealer is involved.

Yes I'm sure as I just bought one about 1.5 years ago.

Just because you bought it at the dealership does not mean it's actually a OEM part,they can if needed install and sell aftermarket parts that are not true OEM parts.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: REPORT BAD SERVICE & PARTS
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:24 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:47 pm
Posts: 1817
Location: York,PA
I have never been treated like an outcast due to having a Liberty. The shop I go to for work I don't do Mt Zion Off Road is more geared to wranglers, Cherokees and grands but they are fine with Liberty and I'm not the only customer with one there.

Of the Dealership parts departments My dad prefers Susquehanna jeep but I tried to get a CRD part there and the parts guy told me they never made a diesel Liberty so I didn't argue I just said "WHATEVER" and left. Stettler Dodge Jeep seems better the one parts guy Dave is real good and even knew the difference between a fuel filter and the CRD fuel head assembly.

_________________
2006 Liberty CRD Limited Deep Beryl Green Metallic Clear coat, Fumoto valve, MH ProVent (removed), GDE Eco tune,
OME 790/948 springs, OME struts, OME N132L shocks, Jeepin by Al A-arms, Hercules Terra Trac AT2 245/75R16
Weeks Stage 1 EGR delete, 5 volt steel glow plugs


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: REPORT BAD SERVICE & PARTS
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:22 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:44 pm
Posts: 103
Location: IL
tjkj2002 wrote:
Yes I'm sure as I just bought one about 1.5 years ago.

Just because you bought it at the dealership does not mean it's actually a OEM part,they can if needed install and sell aftermarket parts that are not true OEM parts.


I think I will write Jeep/Chrysler to ask. I asked for an OEM part, and the box clearly indicated it was a Chrysler service part.

_________________
2002 Liberty Limited 4WD, 3.7l V6
Steel Blue/Taupe
Selec-Trac, Offroad Group, Trailer Tow Group
1971 Dodge Challenger, 318cid, A904 Torqueflite


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: REPORT BAD SERVICE & PARTS
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:07 am 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:17 pm
Posts: 453
Location: Hermosa Beach, CA via Pittsburgh, PA
Well, going through a bad ebay transaction with a company now. I bought a spectre cold air intake tube from them. It came horribly packaged and damaged (cracks through the piping because it was smashed like someone stepped on it). When I commented on the shipping damage (didn't even ask for a refund or anything) this is the response I got. Complete jerks!

Hello,
We're VERY curious HOW IN THE WORLD THIS COULD BE PACKAGED POORLY TO BE DAMAGED??!!
This tube is made of Plastic and Rubber - You could run over it in a freaking BULLDOZER and now hurt it, what gives with that feedback?
We've shipped hundreds of these air intake tubes all exactly as yours was and NEVER had a 'complaint' until this, what's the deal here?
Karrie H.
Auto Speed Zone

- speedyautoparts1


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: REPORT BAD SERVICE & PARTS
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:13 am 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:17 pm
Posts: 453
Location: Hermosa Beach, CA via Pittsburgh, PA
tjkj2002 wrote:
kj-dec wrote:
The OEM radiator I bought from the dealer for my 2002 was not completely correct. The attach points for the A/C condenser were not even. It hooked into the bottom, but the driver side top attaching point was too low. I used a wire tie to hold it.

The radiator is working, and is not leaking, but it was made in china... very disappointing when paying that price relative to an aftermarket and still getting something that is not 100% right.

If it was made in china it was not a OEM radiator.the OEM radiator is made in Mexico,always has been and always will be until they stop making OEM replacement parts for the KJ's.You bought a aftermarket radiator,sorry.


Eh, reading this I was thinking "oh great its not made in china, must be made in the good ol'...darn it!" Now that I know its made in Mexico I'll buy an aftermarket one made here in the US...if thats still possible


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: REPORT BAD SERVICE & PARTS
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:19 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:38 pm
Posts: 12988
Location: Colorado Springs
surfRenegade wrote:
tjkj2002 wrote:
kj-dec wrote:
The OEM radiator I bought from the dealer for my 2002 was not completely correct. The attach points for the A/C condenser were not even. It hooked into the bottom, but the driver side top attaching point was too low. I used a wire tie to hold it.

The radiator is working, and is not leaking, but it was made in china... very disappointing when paying that price relative to an aftermarket and still getting something that is not 100% right.

If it was made in china it was not a OEM radiator.the OEM radiator is made in Mexico,always has been and always will be until they stop making OEM replacement parts for the KJ's.You bought a aftermarket radiator,sorry.


Eh, reading this I was thinking "oh great its not made in china, must be made in the good ol'...darn it!" Now that I know its made in Mexico I'll buy an aftermarket one made here in the US...if thats still possible

Not going to find a KJ radiator that is made in the USA unless you have a custom one made by Griffin and that starts at about $700 but will be all aluminum and no plastic side tanks.

No granted I try and buy USA made products but there are some products made in Mexico and Canada that are the best you can buy,and there are some made in those countrys that are the worst(optima batteries now).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: REPORT BAD SERVICE & PARTS
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:26 am 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:01 pm
Posts: 235
Location: Richmond, British Columbia, Canada
Here's anotherone for bad service.
Richmond Chrysler. Both the parts and service department employees need lessons in customer service.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com