It is currently Sat Oct 03, 2026 11:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Replaced Motor Mount...
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:39 am 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:57 pm
Posts: 129
Replaced passanger side motor mount and followed the directions by GDE from their sight. However I may have jacked the engine a tad high. There is now a ticking coming from the oil pump/transmission area. Has anybody else have this happen to them? And if so what are the possibilities of damage? I know the pump could be causing the ticking, anything else I should be worried about??

Thanks.

Peace,

Thomas


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Replaced Motor Mount...
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:20 am 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:44 am
Posts: 334
Location: Delaware
How did you know you needed to replace the mount? I've had a shudder lately I can't trace

_________________
2010 Jeep Liberty 4x4 Sport
~+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+~
1.5" OME springs
SkyJacker shocks
General Grabber AT2 tires 245/75/R16
6x E3.48 Dimond fire spark plugs


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Replaced Motor Mount...
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:40 am 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:57 pm
Posts: 129
Once I started going over speed bumps and hears a clunk coming from my passenger side motor bay I figured it was the mount. Once I had the old one out it was broken with an object rattling around the inside.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Replaced Motor Mount...
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:24 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:34 pm
Posts: 248
Location: Pontiac, Qc. (Canada)
How interesting... I too noticed a clunk from one side lately. Even with my new OME kit installed, the same noise is still heard. Time to inve$t...igate again!

_________________
RIP 10/31/2012
Green Metallic 2006 CRD Limited
GDE Hot tune ~ Pre-F37 TCM ~ Transgo shift kit ~ MagnaFlow ~ Homemade Provent ~ OME 2" lift & Airlift ~ Samco ~ Euro TC ~ Lift pump ~ Nylon fan blade & Hayden clutch ~ Etc!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Replaced Motor Mount...
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:26 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:57 pm
Posts: 129
Funny enough I had an ome 1.5" lift completed and sound was still occuring so I just figured it was a mount. Turned out I was right and clunking is gone. Just be carful with jacking the engine from pump casing, clunk is gone but now having ticking near pump/transmission area.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Replaced Motor Mount...
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:38 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:30 pm
Posts: 52
thomas04 wrote:
Funny enough I had an ome 1.5" lift completed and sound was still occuring so I just figured it was a mount. Turned out I was right and clunking is gone. Just be carful with jacking the engine from pump casing, clunk is gone but now having ticking near pump/transmission area.

It's been a while, but did you ever figure out what the ticking noise was? I seem to be having the same issue from the same area under my CRD.

_________________
___________
2005 CRD: EHM, ORM, Intake Elbow Kit (EGR Delete), Isloated EGR Coolant Circuit, Samco Turbo Hoses, Timing Belt at 110k miles (new water pump, new thermostat, new radiator hoses, new idler pulley...from ID Parts), Etecno1 Glow Plugs, New OEM Turbo at 130k miles... approaching 140k as of Dec 14.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Replaced Motor Mount...
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:33 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:57 pm
Posts: 129
The ticking was the oil pump because I was a tad low on oil. Problem has gone away and I still a bit more vigilent with my oil level.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Replaced Motor Mount...
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:35 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie

Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2005 1:44 pm
Posts: 612
Location: Lynchburg, Virginia
OK, here's the test to determine if you have a bad motor mount: with the engine idling, tranny in neutral, foot on the brakes, LISTEN to the engine and feel the level of vibration in the vehicle. Then shift into drive and listen/feel. Repeat going from neutral to reverse.

If your mounts are good, in both cases, you will hear a slight decrease in engine speed but otherwise feel no change in vehicle vibration. If your mounts are bad and need to be replaced, you will both hear and feel a big change in the vehicle vibrations and noise level.

Those mounts are not just solid blocks of rubber, they have "stuff" inside that goes bad, even though the mounts still grip the engine and prevent it falling out on the road. The result is that they will LOOK fine when they no longer damp engine vibration as they are supposed to.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Replaced Motor Mount...
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:31 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:28 am
Posts: 707
Location: Newark, DE
I had mine replaced a month or two ago... and the difference is great. No more clunks or rattles when going over bumps, no more vibration while idling. Much quieter all together. It was money well spent. I saved the old mounts, and they were both shot. They rattle when shaken. Someone opened up the mounts a while back and posted the pictures and info here on LOST I think.

_________________
Mike Rausch
Bear, Delaware
2006 Liberty Sport CRD 253K


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com