It is currently Thu Oct 08, 2026 6:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: I need to lower the rear end a little......
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:48 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:20 pm
Posts: 107
Location: Republic, Ohio
I just got my 05 CRD and its got a lift on it but it sits to high in the rear. Can anybody help me find some springs that'll be about 1" or so lower? I think these rear springs are bds springs. Ill get whatever measurments you need to help me out. Thanks


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I need to lower the rear end a little......
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:28 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:20 pm
Posts: 107
Location: Republic, Ohio
I did see that there is spacers under the rear coils. Now I just need to find some shorter ones.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I need to lower the rear end a little......
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:56 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie

Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:00 pm
Posts: 673
Location: Colorado Springs, CO 80925
...Or you could lift the front with a spacer to get 9/16" more lift with these (3/8" spacer thickness gives 9/16" lift at the tire due to the location of the spacer and the angle):

Image

39.00 From http://www.rocky-road.com/kjtrimpacker.html

I used them on my KJ and love the stance. Didn't have any CV issues at all either.

- Mark

_________________
Previous-05 CRD KJ;Current-2010 Taurus SHO Twin Turbo (450HP), 2014 Subaru Forester Turbo (stock)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I need to lower the rear end a little......
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:08 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:20 pm
Posts: 107
Location: Republic, Ohio
Does anybody have any wheel center to fender measurements of a stock, and different hieght lifts? I'm not sure how much lift mine actually has. I don't want to lift the front any more if it'll cause CV or driveshaft issues.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I need to lower the rear end a little......
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:27 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 5:03 am
Posts: 1379
Location: Hawaii
You need to hop over to the 4x4 section, not just the CRD. Tommudd is always posting away about lift hieghts... If I am not mistaken 19" is factory most sag to 18" by 60k or so miles. So an OME lift that is advertised 1.5 inch will bring you to about 20.5" (These are all measured from center of wheel to lower edge of fender flare)

What are you building your KJ for? Street, Mall, Rocks, Reliability?

_________________
Image

05 CRD Sport Dark Kahki

RRO: Adventure Rack/Rails ** MOPAR: Skids/Renny Flares & 255/75r17 (32.1) BFG M/T on JK wheels ** ARB: Bumper/IPF lights/790/948/shocks ** GDE: TCM/Hot Tune ** ROCKLIZARD: Super Sliders/Komodo Bumper

My Build Thread
US Army Infantry


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I need to lower the rear end a little......
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:29 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:20 pm
Posts: 107
Location: Republic, Ohio
It's just a driver. I just bought it and the lift was on it. Right now I have my built XJ for crawling, and my Willys for racing. The KJ is just a driver, but I need it to look a little more manly than stock.......

I like the height now other than the front struts are spongy as all get out, and the rear sits to high.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I need to lower the rear end a little......
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:44 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 5:03 am
Posts: 1379
Location: Hawaii
Post a picture of the rear spring (axle to unibody) so we can tell you what spacers you have.

_________________
Image

05 CRD Sport Dark Kahki

RRO: Adventure Rack/Rails ** MOPAR: Skids/Renny Flares & 255/75r17 (32.1) BFG M/T on JK wheels ** ARB: Bumper/IPF lights/790/948/shocks ** GDE: TCM/Hot Tune ** ROCKLIZARD: Super Sliders/Komodo Bumper

My Build Thread
US Army Infantry


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I need to lower the rear end a little......
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:11 am 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:20 pm
Posts: 107
Location: Republic, Ohio
I'll try tonight. Got a lot on my plate right now trying to diagnose this timing belt issue.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I need to lower the rear end a little......
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:25 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:20 pm
Posts: 107
Location: Republic, Ohio
This is what I have in the rear now. I'm thinking I could just make a set of shorter spacers. This would be the easiest and most cost effective method for me, for now.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I need to lower the rear end a little......
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:41 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 5:03 am
Posts: 1379
Location: Hawaii
The lower cone shaped spacer is from Daystar I believe. If you remove it you can extra rubber isolators from the dealer or JBA. You can see your upper isolator in the picture (between the top of the spring and the perch) Each isolator is 1/2" thick and you can stack up to 4 total (three extra on top of what you have now) for 1.5 of lift. They run around 20 bucks from dealer, or you can message LTT (member on here) who makes his own from a 3D printer (that is what I am using) My left side is lower than my right, so I had him make me two different sizes. The best thing would be to get new coil springs, but those are 175 each I think for the OME brand.

_________________
Image

05 CRD Sport Dark Kahki

RRO: Adventure Rack/Rails ** MOPAR: Skids/Renny Flares & 255/75r17 (32.1) BFG M/T on JK wheels ** ARB: Bumper/IPF lights/790/948/shocks ** GDE: TCM/Hot Tune ** ROCKLIZARD: Super Sliders/Komodo Bumper

My Build Thread
US Army Infantry


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I need to lower the rear end a little......
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:51 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:20 pm
Posts: 107
Location: Republic, Ohio
Thanks! I'll look into it after I get it running again.

I need new struts up front also, but I've been into the engine issues to much to look at the suspension.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com