It is currently Fri Oct 02, 2026 6:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: New here with a few questions
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:22 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:09 pm
Posts: 10
Hey guys I've been lurking the forum with a few questions for you. I'm currently looking to by a KJ or a KK (can't decide yet on which will suit my needs better) and would like to hear any suggestions from those who have had both. I live in Idaho, and for the most part, either Jeep seems suitable for daily driving. We do get some snow up here in the winters so I was wondering if the select trac in the CRD and the select trac 2 in the few KK really make a huge difference? I really like the concept, but if it isn't going to make a drastic difference (which for some reason I have this idea that I'll be travelling freeway speeds in part time 4wd in the winter) than that will help me solidify a decision. lol.

So Between the 2 body styles (don't kill me for asking) which is the more driver friendly 4x4? (By this I mean more well rounded in snow, loose dirt and gravel, mud, and rock.) Either generation I get I'll end up with a 2.5"in or possibly 4"in lift (in the long run that is.) I'm debating the KK in a limited trim (would really like the select trac 2 but almost impossible to find) or in the KJ I really like the Renegade, but again the CRD has the select trac in it...

BTW, is there a reason I can't see any pictures on the threads? (i.e. the lifted thread in the KJ section)

Thanks guys! Hope to be joining in on some Jeep fun soon! :JEEPIN:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New here with a few questions
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:43 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:19 pm
Posts: 523
Welcome!

I vote for a KJ Renegade, but I am biased.

As for the pics, if you're on Windows, use ANY browser ither than IE and they will show up fine.

_________________
2005 Liberty Renegade, Bright Silver Metallic


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New here with a few questions
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:29 am 
Offline
LOST Newbie
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:09 pm
Posts: 10
Haha thanks Leeann! Using Chrome instead and I can now see the pics. :mrgreen:

Still shopping around and have a few questions about performance and reliability.

Looks like I'll have to travel to pick up the Jeep I want, just nothing locally that floats my boat. Question is now on reliability. Not knowing the previous maintenance records on any of these vehicle, I just am looking for a ballpark life expectancy of a few models and what you guys feel would be a better daily driver / weekend warrior. And if you can add some insight to why you think that it would be awesome.

SO I looked into possibly getting a 06 CRD liberty (I like that the 06 and up have traction control and the brake lock assist) now as well as still trying to find a KK liberty with the select trac 2 drive train. I have found a few jeeps that have what I am searching for so now I just need some input on which one you think would be a longer lasting (less maintenance to keep running vehicle).

The 2006 CRD libertys that I have seen online have about 70k-90k miles on them. Look pretty clean, but you can tell have been off road (whether that is lightly, or heavily due to how dusty and dirty the engine bay is).

The only 08+ kk models I've found with the select trac 2 drive train and are limiteds, renegades, or models with a sky slider, (yes if I get a new one I want some amenities 8) )all have anywhere from 50k-95k miles on them.

So the question is, which would be or reliable? An older CRD liberty with less miles, or a newer KK with more miles?

Thanks in advance guys.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New here with a few questions
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:27 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:53 pm
Posts: 1404
Location: The WV Panhandle
I would suggest reading the CRD newbie guide before deciding if thats a vehicle that you want to purchase.

_________________
2003/3.7 SOLD

2007 Wrangler - traded

2010 Wrangler Rubicon


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New here with a few questions
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:25 am 
Offline
LOST Newbie
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:09 pm
Posts: 10
Update: Went with a brand new 2013 MK Patriot (Freedom Edition with FDll). Lovin' it so far!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New here with a few questions
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:43 am 
Offline
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:49 pm
Posts: 27226
Location: NOW Southeastern Ohio/ Tanzania
Ming wrote:
Update: Went with a brand new 2013 MK Patriot (Freedom Edition with FDll). Lovin' it so far!

Good luck with your purchase
I've drove a couple of them and would never trade my 04 with 191,000 on it straight trade but if you like it thats all that matters ! :wink:
Plus no real lifts for them unless you get one from Stu in the land down under
RRO has one but :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

_________________
MUDD'S MOTORSPORT'S We do IFS lift installs ,
03 OVERLAND EDITION /Kilby-Skidrow-Mopar-4XGuard skids/ 2.5 inch TOTAL CONTROL JBA coilovers -JBA Arms/MOABS-31 FALKEN WILDPEAK AT3W / 4.10's etc, 04 Kilimanjaro Edition loaded, plus 05 KJ limited


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com