It is currently Sat Oct 03, 2026 6:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Disabling horn on locking doors
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 5:04 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 4:59 pm
Posts: 5
I am pulling my hair out over this. I just bought a 2006 Liberty in Mexico, so the owners guide is in Spanish. The instructions for disabling the horn sound when locking the doors don't seem to work. Neither I nor the dealers can fix this, and nor can another friend who bought one in Mexico and wants to turn the horn off. No response from Chrysler, maybe because I didn't buy the vehicle in the US. Any help would be so gratefully appreciated ...

Simon R


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 5:50 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2005 8:57 pm
Posts: 402
Location: Southern, MD
1. press and hold the lock button on the transmitter

2. continue to hol the lock button, wait at least 4 but no longer than 10 seconds, then press the unlock button.

3. release both buttons.

repeat 1-3 will restore origanal operation

_________________
Richey

0IIIIII0
2006 IMPACT ORANGE RUBICON
305 Mt/Rs MT Classic II's
2.5 lift
1.25 JKS BL
JKS quicker Discos


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 6:16 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:08 am
Posts: 225
Location: Wisconsin
I can't believe how simple that was! I just ran out and disabled mine, it always bothered me but I never took the time to look it up :lol:

_________________
Early '02 Limited, Steel Blue, White Guts


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 6:50 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2005 8:57 pm
Posts: 402
Location: Southern, MD
after i read this post and looked it up i tried all the different options it listed and they all are pretty simple!!
glad this help sombody else also!!
richey

_________________
Richey

0IIIIII0
2006 IMPACT ORANGE RUBICON
305 Mt/Rs MT Classic II's
2.5 lift
1.25 JKS BL
JKS quicker Discos


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 7:05 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 4:59 pm
Posts: 5
Hey, I'm glad for all you guys, but it doesn't seem to work with mine! That is what I thought the manual said originally, but I can't make it work. Maybe I am really dumb! Basically I am pressing lock, holding that for 4-10 seconds, then while keeping it down, also pressing unlock, and then releasing both buttons together. Is that how you do it? I would really like to solve this one ...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 7:29 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2005 8:57 pm
Posts: 402
Location: Southern, MD
i have just tried this again like you said and the book says and this seems to disable the light flash? the light flash is different keys now i cant figure this out? i will try tommorow with a friends 05 and see what happens
i will let you know

_________________
Richey

0IIIIII0
2006 IMPACT ORANGE RUBICON
305 Mt/Rs MT Classic II's
2.5 lift
1.25 JKS BL
JKS quicker Discos


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 7:51 pm 
Offline
KJ / JK Whatever
KJ / JK Whatever
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:20 pm
Posts: 931
Location: Des Plaines, IL
I think it depends a lot on what generation EVIC you have - do you have an EVIC at all? Are there more than one type of EVICs? - Maybe.
This is so easy if you have the EVIC - overhead console....

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 8:49 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:59 pm
Posts: 5171
Location: Austin, TX
on my 05 - I tried what the manual said - it doesn't work, the horn always beeps - so I was at the dealer and asked them to program it out with their computer, they tried and said they couldn't? - has anyone gotten an 05 to stop beeping?

Okay I now notice KJRenny is 05 - well I've tried the lock /unlock key (the programmer must have loved Nintendo) and it doesn't work on mine.

_________________
2005 CRD
stuff
Skeptic quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 8:57 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2005 12:19 am
Posts: 484
Location: AZ
For some reason I think I had to have my key in the ignition and in the "on" position for it to work. Have any of you tried that?

_________________
Mike D.
2011 Brilliant Black KK Renegade 4x4 (New addition)
Image

2003 Atlantic Blue KJ 2WD
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 9:29 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 4:59 pm
Posts: 5
Just tried that - no luck ...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 10:20 pm 
Offline
KJ / JK Whatever
KJ / JK Whatever
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:20 pm
Posts: 931
Location: Des Plaines, IL
Question again.... Do you have an EVIC - there is a big difference if you do - if you do not have one, then I can't help - sorry

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 10:24 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2005 12:37 am
Posts: 522
Location: Laredo, TX
I have an 05 and got my horn to stop honking when you lock the doors, I'm looking for the post because someone posted on how to do it and it worked the first time. I just tried but couldn't get my honk back. :shock:

Found it.

Door lock 4-10 seconds, panic button = disable / enable horn chirp

Make sure you keep the lock button held down when you press the panic button.

Just checked and my honk came back :D .

_________________
Chris

2005 Renegade
Frankenlift
245/75/16 Goodyear MT/Rs


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 10:58 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:34 pm
Posts: 52
Location: San Diego, soon to be Falls Church, VA
Hey Gringo,

Not sure how yours is set up but pressing the panic button while holding the lock button disables the light flash.

F.Y.I. Holding unlock for 5 sec. then pressing lock = all doors open on first press of unlock button... I can't believe I never figured this stuff out for three years!!! :x

Now if I could only disable the stupid panic button...

_________________
"Sock it unto others as you would have them sock it to you" - Sly and the Family Stone


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 11:16 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:08 am
Posts: 225
Location: Wisconsin
OK so how do you disable the doors locking @ 15mph?

_________________
Early '02 Limited, Steel Blue, White Guts


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 12:03 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2005 12:19 am
Posts: 484
Location: AZ
waddy whiteguts wrote:
OK so how do you disable the doors locking @ 15mph?


Very carefully... :D

_________________
Mike D.
2011 Brilliant Black KK Renegade 4x4 (New addition)
Image

2003 Atlantic Blue KJ 2WD
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 1:11 am 
Offline
LOST Newbie
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:34 pm
Posts: 52
Location: San Diego, soon to be Falls Church, VA
Apparently if you have an EVIC you can do it yourself. If not, you can take it to the dealer who will reprogram it, possibly for a fee. I'm getting it done this week.

Here is one previous thread on the subject.

_________________
"Sock it unto others as you would have them sock it to you" - Sly and the Family Stone


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 8:29 am 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:38 am
Posts: 197
Location: Metro-Detroit
Average Joseph wrote:
Apparently if you have an EVIC you can do it yourself. If not, you can take it to the dealer who will reprogram it, possibly for a fee. I'm getting it done this week.

Here is one previous thread on the subject.


When my dad got his, before he toook it off the lot, he had the dealer turn the horn off. it also turned the flashes off too. he has no EVIC, they had to plug a big thing into the ODBII port under the dash... took about three minutes

he has an 05 renegade as well

_________________
2006 Renegade 4x4


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 8:32 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2005 12:37 am
Posts: 522
Location: Laredo, TX
The method I described is for 05-06 kjs. for previous years use the first method. I don't believe that you can disable the rolling locks without an evic.

_________________
Chris

2005 Renegade
Frankenlift
245/75/16 Goodyear MT/Rs


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 10:17 am 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 4:59 pm
Posts: 5
KJ-BOL wrote:
Question again.... Do you have an EVIC - there is a big difference if you do - if you do not have one, then I can't help - sorry


I don't know what an EVIC is - which probably means I don't have one - certainly there is no clever electronics overhead except the lights on the ceiling.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 10:39 am 
Offline
KJ / JK Whatever
KJ / JK Whatever
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:20 pm
Posts: 931
Location: Des Plaines, IL
Simon R wrote:
KJ-BOL wrote:
Question again.... Do you have an EVIC - there is a big difference if you do - if you do not have one, then I can't help - sorry


I don't know what an EVIC is - which probably means I don't have one - certainly there is no clever electronics overhead except the lights on the ceiling.


Ok.... now we are on the right track..... I'll do a bit of search because I kow I helped someone do it.... I just have to find the right writeup.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com